Has anyone done any homework on what is needed to kill Romulus or the ITF bosses in general solo ?

plainguy

On 10/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, arcane said:

Is this without temp powers?

Don’t consider it a solo job with temp powers so curious about DPS sans daggers/amps/pets/etc.

Yes this is without temps, without AMPS, without base buffs, without daggers.  I have done it 

26 minutes ago, Voltak said:

In the case of using a Dominator with possess or confuse, when you get to part 4 and face Rommy -
 You possess or confuse Rommy , have him killed the nictus, and he does kill them relatively easy. He hits extremely hard. 

🤪 They've just suffered from being attacked by a foe who isn't several levels lower than them ... since Rommy is the same level, ouch, ouch, ouchie.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:35 PM, Voltak said:

Yes this is without temps, without AMPS, without base buffs, without daggers.  I have done it 

FYI, you should be happy to know you have repped the dark/dark dom so well I decided today to make it one of my last 50's (I decided I should take a break from alts after the 100th 50, lol). 

I have a dark/savage dom and a dark/ta troller but I wanna lean into the hard target AV soloing thing a little more..

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:26 PM, arcane said:

Is this without temp powers?

Don’t consider it a solo job with temp powers so curious about DPS sans daggers/amps/pets/etc.

On +4/x8 without bugging out Romy on the last mish, I think you're pretty much hosed, Maybe if you have at AT that can significantly drop the AV regen rate. Afaik, ill/ice/ice controller which has beastly -regen, for example. Note that AT combo is the best for -regen, stats wise.  I think Frosticus posted on the controller forums he did it no insps/temps/death, but I don't know if he bugged Romy out or not. I think Werner's also done it with his brute build as well, you'll have to search the brute forums for that one to see if he did it without temps or Romy bug.  

tldr: Without temps and bugging on +4/x8, seems unlikely. With bugging +4/x8, maybe with very specific ATs and builds. Speculating -regen being the most critical component.

7 hours ago, arcane said:

FYI, you should be happy to know you have repped the dark/dark dom so well I decided today to make it one of my last 50's (I decided I should take a break from alts after the 100th 50, lol). 

I have a dark/savage dom and a dark/ta troller but I wanna lean into the hard target AV soloing thing a little more..

One of the few, if not only, cases where I am happy dark times are falling on you 🙂 

Kudos to you, brother 

2 hours ago, Olly said:

On +4/x8 without bugging out Romy on the last mish, I think you're pretty much hosed, Maybe if you have at AT that can significantly drop the AV regen rate. Afaik, ill/ice/ice controller which has beastly -regen, for example. Note that AT combo is the best for -regen, stats wise.  I think Frosticus posted on the controller forums he did it no insps/temps/death, but I don't know if he bugged Romy out or not. I think Werner's also done it with his brute build as well, you'll have to search the brute forums for that one to see if he did it without temps or Romy bug.  

tldr: Without temps and bugging on +4/x8, seems unlikely. With bugging +4/x8, maybe with very specific ATs and builds. Speculating -regen being the most critical component.

On a dominator with Possess or confuse, it's still good if it does not bug out.  In fact, It's better.  Rommy will kill the nictus faster than you will ever do it. 

After he's done that, then you solo him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2021 at 2:22 AM, Voltak said:

On a dominator with Possess or confuse, it's still good if it does not bug out.  In fact, It's better.  Rommy will kill the nictus faster than you will ever do it. 

After he's done that, then you solo him. 

Posted in your original thread.. But will ask here as well.. 

What was your defenses and resistance number if I can ask.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:39 PM, Olly said:

On +4/x8 without bugging out Romy on the last mish... I think Werner's also done it with his brute build as well, you'll have to search the brute forums for that one to see if he did it without temps or Romy bug.  

Without. Solo MoITF +4x8 no temps no insps no amps no lore no Rommy bug enemies buffed on a Katana/Dark Armor Brute. Same on a Dark Armor/Martial Arts Tanker. Same plus player debuffed on a Shield/Martial Arts Tanker. All have a taunt aura to prevent Rommy from running. All those runs were before the recent defense fix, though I've done it a few times since the defense fix on my Shield/MA, kill most, but with amps and without player debuffed. The misses would be too annoying for fun, and I run it for fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
22 hours ago, Voltak said:

I can't remember if I answered this question in the other threads 

You did.

Thank you

• Thumbs Up 1