time for me to tank again but....

rockroom

so on live my fav toon was a granite/ice tank with my best friend as a kin/sonic fender..

dont like dual boxing feels like cheating to me.

whats a solid tank to get into.. ill take a few options from you all and find the one that clicks with me. up for anything. been a tank in games sence i first jioned MMO or RPGs hell even Dnd

would make a granite-less stone but not fully understanding how they work,, do i more or less jump in with root off then turn it on when i land and go from there.. if soo oooooo.. 

Edited by rockroom

All is good, you can hardly mess things. Even Fire Armor which is considered squishy solos +4x8 ITFs as seen a post or two under this one.

If you're spoiled for choice and not sure what or how to build just copy something until you get your bearings.

If you want new and interesting, dig around the forums for Proc Builds and/or EnM builds.   An EnM Proc build would probably be the ultimate in single target damage, and with all new mechanics should be a new and interesting experience.

In normal official content Tanks have more than enough native durability to devote most of their resources to offense instead.

I recommend:   
Defense Armor: EnA (Any AT), Inv/ and SD/ as the Tank Alternatives.    

• Inv/Radm - Autopilot
  • SD/Radm - Intermediate

Resist Armor: RadA (Brutes and Tanks Only).   

• RadA/Kat - I'm just fond of Katanas.

Heal Armor: Bio (Any AT, paired with a Defensive Weapon).   

• Bio/Kat - My favorite.
Edited by Linea
  • Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

You can also build a stone tank, using only Granite Armor as an emergency button power...as seen here:

Build a better Un-Granite stoner? - Tanker - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Shield/Stone Melee is a blast and hits hard with dirt clods flying off the face of everything you hit.  It would go great with Ice Melee too.

Probably a good unbeatable combo is Invulnerability / Dark Melee. They buffed DM so your AoEs are massive. Shadow Maul hits people standing nearly behind you, up to 10 targets! Even Touch of Fear is a AoE and hits everything around you. Invincibility + Soul Drain gives you massive +tohit and damage buff.

My personal favorite right now is Fire Armor / Savage Melee. It's a blast leaping in, lighting everything on fire, and ripping it up. It takes some inf to buy all the IOs it needs to be tough though.

• Like 1