A way to turn off auto unlocks?

Silvanthis

?????

There is no auto-unlocking of anything. All costume pieces are open at level 1. You don't get more when you level, _you just get them at level 1_. It is just a QoL, and does not impact actual play in any manner.

edit: There is ONE. It is where you hit (24?) as a VEAT, and either automatically respec at that level, or, well, I dunno. I have always respec'd at 24 when it came up.

Edited by Hew

Or are you referring to how some costume pieces that you used to earn (Cimeroran?) are now available at start and for nostalgia reasons want to 'earn' them again?

Disclaimer: I'm not anywhere near as capable in the creator as many so ...

Edited by Doomguide2005

11 hours ago, Silvanthis said:

Is there a way to turn of auto unlocking armor pieces?

No. Just pretend you don't have access until you do the required missions.

• Like 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

14 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

No. Just pretend you don't have access until you do the required missions.

This. Having to grind through ridiculous missions to unlock stuff that should have been on a character due to concept at level 1 was ridiculous, frustrating and annoying.

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Why is it important to lock something that is optional to use anyway?  You have full control over which costume pieces you use, and as others have said, you can easily select not to use those until you reach the level/complete the missions previously used to lock them.  There is zero reason to enforce any kind of restriction on something that is purely a matter of aesthetic choice.

On 7/25/2021 at 11:43 AM, Blackbird71 said:

There is zero reason to enforce any kind of restriction on something that is purely a matter of aesthetic choice.

There is one reason which is not applicable on this server.  Money.  Cash shops for cosmetic items are big money without being 'pay to win'.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

57 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

There is one reason which is not applicable on this server.  Money.  Cash shops for cosmetic items are big money without being 'pay to win'.

Well, yes, that was the reason on Live.  But as you say, it's not applicable here.