AE Access in SG Bases [RP Focused]

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I can't really think of any major drawbacks so here goes:

I've seen @GM Kal solicit for suggestions to the Devs to improve quality of RP, and this post is basically in the spirit of that. 

Lots of RP SGs on Everlasting use AE in it's intended purpose for running RP story arcs. These have been some of my favorite moments in game. It is a tad immersion breaking, though, to have to exit the SG Base and assemble in an AE building in Kings Row or where ever to move on to the next leg of the adventure.

Since we already have things like the Crystal of Ice and Flame as a base object, and AE missions can be crafted/edited from anywhere with the earned accolade power, this didn't seem like too much of a stretch. And it's not like we're removing portions of the population from the environment this way as accessing a base would be an extra step for most farmers, without any added benefits that immediately comes to mind.

Sorry if this has been brought up before and subsequently shot down, I did a quick scan and didn't see anything. Likewise I wasn't sure if this should go in RP, Everlasting, AE, or here. So I went to the place where it would probably be worst received for the most punishing feedback.

Disclaimer: I don't even RP anymore. I just thought this would be a nice QoL thing for RPers to have. The spirit is willing but the flesh is in a bad time zone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't recall if there are technical reasons this can't be done right now or not. I wouldn't argue with it being available, though. (Flip side being I often have a zone in mind for some AEs, so going there isn't as jarring. Not the case with all of them, though.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I do believe there are technical issues in play here. Namely the issue is that SG bases are instances just like missions are, and the system doesn't really allow for the transition from one to another.

I would love to have this, but if the technical hurdles are significant enough to significantly delay other projects, im content to deal without.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been suggested some time last year, same reason : RP.  Its next to impossible, you are going from a mission instance to a mission instance.  Doesn't work.

Best option would be to assign a zone and let AE use that zone's random doors instead of the Matrix green column., than implement some sort of contact or radio option to call them instead of running to the AE building so you are not breaking immersion.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

This isn't a pushback on the instance-to-instance to observation,  but just a thought:

We were going instance to instance willy nilly when we could enterbasefrompasscode out of missions. The juice might not be worth the squeeze but certainly there is precedent for the possibility. 

It's not going from one to another, it's opening one inside another is part of the issue.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )