Question regarding removing information

SuperPlyx

Recently while updating the Oracle page and adding some info to the p2w temp power section I wanted to remove some of the information on the items pages. Specifically the information that is no longer relevant to Homecoming. 

Certain base items and p2w items originally  were recipes that were bought and crafted. On homecoming this was changed to just purchasing the item.

My hesitance to is it ok to remove info or are we keeping it for historical reason? I assume the Original Wiki covers this but I wanted to check and make sure. I am new to this stuff and don't wanna mess anything up. Figured safer to ask first 🙂  

I'm not sure there is strong consensus on what to do with historical data, but I lean towards getting rid of it in most cases and letting Paragon wiki be the historical snapshot if folks need it. The only real exceptions I make are for specific pages that are meant to act as snapshots of game history (like the individual issue pages or patch note pages) or in cases where an appropriate historical note can be added that captures the essence of what was removed/changed. For instance, if I am updating a badge that has changed significantly, I'll add a note. There's always the edit history, too, so the info is never really gone forever.

My feeling is generally to remove it unless it is something I'm aware is a persistent source of confusion for returning players, in which case I'll try and leave some mention to the effect that things have changed (which implies, in general, mentioning how things were on live).

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.