Incarnate choices

Techwright

There may be a bit of guessing here, and I'm aware that archetype influences decision, but what are likely the most picked and least picked powers in each of the six Incarnate slots: Alpha, Judgement, Interface, Lore, Destiny, and Hybrid?

For example, I almost always pick Rebirth with Destiny.  To me it just makes sense to have an emergency heal in a tough fight.  Incandescent, however, just baffles me, so I never use it.  Why would I want group teleport tacked on with all those other pluses?

3 minutes ago, Techwright said:

There may be a bit of guessing here, and I'm aware that archetype influences decision, but what are likely the most picked and least picked powers in each of the six Incarnate slots: Alpha, Judgement, Interface, Lore, Destiny, and Hybrid?

For example, I almost always pick Rebirth with Destiny.  To me it just makes sense to have an emergency heal in a tough fight.  Incandescent, however, just baffles me, so I never use it.  Why would I want group teleport tacked on with all those other pluses?

Having a steady supply of group teleport can do absolute wonders for the overall speed of many TFs.

I still make the majority of my picks based on what the character needs.

Examples: Alpha musculature ALMOST always wins but my dark/stone tank had to go with the one that reduces end cost.

I normally stick with Destiny Barrier because as an SR main, mitigation is more important than healing. Course, my SR and Shield Tanks don't need more mitigation so they get the Rebirth +MaxHP heal.

All my meleers go with Hybrid Assault, as do the majority of my characters, but some, a defender and a mastermind come to mind, go the Support route.

For Lore, it's always carnies radial now. Cuz... yummy Dark Ring Mistress.

Ok, maybe I'm not needs based as much as I am "use what works best and that's usually these picks...."

• Like 2

Incandescence has 2 large benefits over ATT:

• Not interruptible - you can use it in combat.
  • Faster recharge - 2 min vs 30 min.

I was skeptical at first, but after going on one of those chain-incandescence teams I was instantly converted. On Miss liberty's TF where you capture Aeon, they send someone to the next AV once the current one is engaged, and by the time the current AV dies the person has arrived at the next one and teleports everyone over. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the single biggest boost to completion time that an experienced and knowledgeable player can bring.

I don't think group teleport works like ATT does. It doesn't teleport everyone to you; it teleports everyone in a small area around you to your cursor.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

For me I'll give a top of each incarnate I take in order.  

Alpha: Almost always Agility, sometimes musculature

Judgement: Mighty (looks cool), Ion is best, Void for -dmg

Interface: Diamagnetic (all my characters have lots of defense built in so the -tohitt adds to it), reactive is good and I think there's one more I'm forgetting

Lore: Carnies (for buff pet plus Mistress hits like a truck), offensive I go Banished or Longbow

Destiny: Almost always Barrier, Rebirth, (these are all quite good powers in their own right) 

Hybrid: Always Assault

Edited by Mezmera

Alpha: Usually Agility Radial.  Musculature Radial once in a while.

Interface: I always take both Degenerative Core and Reactive Radial.

Judgment: Always Ion Core.

Destiny: I always take Clarion Core, Incandescence Radial, and Rebirth Radial.  Some characters also have Ageless Core or Ageless Radial, depending on build.  Yep, all of my characters have three or four tier four Destiny abilities once “complete.”  I never take Barrier as I largely consider it a waste between inspirations and team buffs.

Lore: Blasters, Brutes, and Stalkers take Longbow Radial.  Farmers take Knives of Vengeance Radial.  Every other AT takes Longbow Core.

Hybrid: Blasters and Stalkers take Assault Core.  Masterminds take Support Core.  Corruptors take both Assault Radial for soloing and Support Radial for teaming.  Brutes and Tankers take Assault Radial.

Alpha = All Musculature All The Time™ Not sure I have chosen another one here out of 15ish lvl 50 characters. Sometimes I go for the 45% Damage sometimes for the 33% Damage/Endmod depending on what I need. If I ever get another Controller to 50 (doubtful) I probably would choose something else though

Interface = Most suck I usually get tne -hp one to help on AV

Jusgement = Ion is the most fun one since it hits the most targets

Destiny = The one with the most options. Ageless and Barrier are the 2 good choices here

Lore = Doesn't really matter, it's all fluff. 

Hybrid = Assault on anything that does damage. Support on Controllers and Masterminds

Edited by Seigmoraig

It tends to vary based on AT, build, and theming.  My picks:

Alpha:  My top picks are Intuition and Cardiac.  I love Intuition for the damage and range bonuses, great for ranged ATs.  Cardiac is just helpful for end management and getting more out of resist powers is good.  Melees that don't have end issues usually run Musculature and i've dabbled in Vigor and Agility in a couple specific setups.  I've never used Spiritual, Nerve or Resiliant.

Judgement: wholey based on theme, though I believe Vorpal is my number one, I love the idea of just roundhouse kicking everyone in an entire city block instantly.  Least picked is Mighty as I tend to play flying characters, and theme once again often calls for a different power when i'm grounded.

Interface: also thematic, but I tend to lean toward Reactive or Degenerative, usually Radial.  I'm a little upset that there's no Cold damage interface though.  Never used Cognitive and at least one other, forget which one it is.

Destiny: Fairly even picks, the majority of my characters run Clarion or Rebirth, a few use Ageless and a couple with Barrier.  I've never used Incandescent, kind of afraid to.

Lore: Theme again, though Polar Lights Core is my most common choice.  Despite the meta, none of my twenty-one 50s use Banished Pantheon or Longbow.

Hybrid: Almost always Assault for me, love me that doublehit, but I have dabbled in Control and Support.  Never used Melee.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

23 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Keep in mind that unlike power choices your Incarnate Abilities can be swapped in and out.  No need to go to an alt build (or just not have the power).  Doing normal mission content slot up Barrier, doing a TF swap to Incandescent etc..

It's a fair point.  Perhaps I should have added some qualifier like "first picks to build" or such.