The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Invention Badges

NorseStar

It's not mentioned in the badge progress, but make sure you're crafting some of each invention requested for the badge at each level for the badge.  For Damage/KB for instance, if you only craft damage IOs it stops progressing the meter partway through. As an example Arms Dealer, the 35-40 Dmg/KB badge, requires crafting 11 each of Damage and Knockback.  If you only craft 20 Damage and no KBs, it stops incrementing the progress meter at 11.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

It's not mentioned in the badge progress, but make sure you're crafting some of each invention requested for the badge at each level for the badge.  For Damage/KB for instance, if you only craft damage IOs it stops progressing the meter partway through. As an example Arms Dealer, the 35-40 Dmg/KB badge, requires crafting 11 each of Damage and Knockback.  If you only craft 20 Damage and no KBs, it stops incrementing the progress meter at 11.

It's not required to vary the recipe type, only the recipe level. In the Arms Dealer example, it's required to craft eleven level 35 and eleven level 40 recipes, regardless of whether they are damage or knockback recipes.

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

It's not required to vary the recipe type, only the recipe level. In the Arms Dealer example, it's required to craft eleven level 35 and eleven level 40 recipes, regardless of whether they are damage or knockback recipes.

I knew it was something along those lines.  Last time I got Field Crafter was on Live.  I remember you couldn't just craft the same enhancement but couldn't remember if it was level, type, or both.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, NorseStar said:

Wish I had know that before I spent a day and 10,829,429 infl on 56 recipes that will sell for a whopping 1 to 150,00 infl each. Majority of which are looking to be about 5. 

Welcome to the world of badging! Where you'll do anything for a shiny!

Edit: You're not going to be making a profit on those invention badges to be sure, but you can definitely make all of that back and more once you've learned what sells.

Edited by Glacier Peak