Cimerora Contest

GM Vayek

• Retired Game Master

Hi Everyone!

screenshot_210811-03-05-18.thumb.jpg.0776c79ee3a8cc7ba13e86eb20851c50.jpg

We are hosting a special AE contest!

This contest will be focused on Cimerora story content.

We are looking for stories set after the Sister Solaris arc, but before the Marcus Valerius personal story. Romulus Augustus is imprisoned, the Talons of Vengeance are still trying to recover the Idol of Mot, and the Banished Pantheon from the Island of Death may also try to attack Cimerora to retrieve it.

You will need to:

1. Make something of a unique or semi-unique story within this time frame of canon (just be creative)
  2. You must include some of the new NPC’s that were included in this update to AE.

Submission must be in by September 5th 2021. And a winner will announced by September 21, 2021 .
*No late submissions will be considered for testing*

Prizes are:

• 1,000 Reward Merits
  • Special Title: ‘Cimeroran Story Teller

Please post your submission as a reply to this post. Submissions should include:

• Arc ID Number
  • Publisher's Name
  • Arc Name

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Will this have to be published on the Beta Shard?  Or when will the material required from the update go live?

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• Retired Lead Game Master

The AE changes currently on beta are being fast tracked, and likely will go live soon.

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

I'm sure it will be live well before Sept 5th, so no need to publish to Beta unless you feel like it.

Till then, good luck on the AE designs!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Well then, things are live so here's my entry.

Three Sisters

Arc id 43013

"A gold leaf embossed invitation arrives, cordially asking you to meet a Mr. John Spreadbury III in the Kings Tower Consolidated building. Holding the paper you can feel a gentle compulsion to attend this meeting. Just to satisfy your curiosity of course. That and the promise of a large fee. [SFMA] Rogue. Levels 50 -54."

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Stumbling on the finish line, half a step behind Darmian, comes my entry:

The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Arc Id 43014

Marcus Valerius has disappeared just as he was about to board the ship that would take him to the end of the world, carrying the idol of Mot. Sybil Bramlett is contacting you across the eons to plead for help from an increasingly uncertain future. [SFMA] Levels 50-54.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

First time participating in a contest so a bit nervous but here is my entry:

An Ancient Pact

Arc ID 43149

Created by Magicic

With Romulus imprisoned and the forces of Mot pushed back for now, Cimerora has a brief chance to prepare for the future. With your help, you can reunite the factions of Cimerora back under one banner.

• Thumbs Up 7

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Cimerora

Arc# 43268

@Kyksie

Answering Imperious' call for aid, you and a group of intrepid heroes traveled back in time to Cimerora, determined to thwart Romulus and the Fifth Column's plans for temporal domination. Except, the cheap secondhand time shunt you bought at Crazy Mark's House of Bargains malfunctioned, dropping you off two weeks after the invasion... into the middle of a slave pit. And, for some reason, your powers aren't working.

The last three days have consisted mainly of shoveling horse manure.

• Thumbs Up 5

Close to the Sun

Arc ID: 43275

@Psychopithicus

Feeling that something is amiss with the timeline, Montague Castanella asks for capable individuals to venture into the ancient land of Cimerora to investigate. It soon becomes clear, however, that something is happening that could irreparably warp the future, and must be stopped before it starts.

• Thumbs Up 5

Bit of a mad dash to try to pull this all together by the deadline, but here's my submission:

• Arc ID: 43278
  • Police vs. Aliens 2: Nictus Evictus
  • @Ankylosaur

Your old Transcended pal, Col. Buddy Bolton of the PPD, left a message on your phone. You haven't talked with him since fighting Nictus on Praetoria! Call him back to see what he needs?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Alright, here goes:

• No Other Idols
  • Arc ID: 43198
  • Publisher: @Thelesis

Edit: Updated issue in Mission 2. Known issue per forum search. Rescue/Ally objectives overwriting destructible object/boss missions on particular map. Fixed issue and mission is now able to be completed.

Edited by MGLZadok
Update to inform issue is resolved.
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've been away for a month on military work, so I also scrambled to have something competitive.

• Arc ID: 43316
  • Time's Arrow (of Love)
  • @Peacock

When William Shakespeare wrote his romantic comedy, "A Midsummer's Night Dream," he chose to set it in Ancient Rome. Mayhap the story he told was merely a retelling of actual events. Perhaps, indeed, it took place on a small peninsula by the name of Cimerora.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I may have gotten this one in a WEE bit under the gun, but I hope it'll measure up to some of the other submissions thus far...

• Arc ID: 43318
  • @Lonephantom
  • A Knife Forged in Antiquity

In the wake of Romulus Augustus' final defeat, the machinations of his sympathizers continue to poison the ancient kingdom. With the aid of unexpected allies, you must try to expose the corruption...and along the way, discover the origin of a secret order of killers...

• Thumbs Up 4