I looked through all the threads in the "Art & Multimedia" section and couldn't find one like this, so I thought I'd make it.

I often play with the costume creator, and sometimes I end up creating costumes that I like but never use (especially since, with one exception, I only play female characters).  I thought it would be nice to dust off these costumes and share them so other people can use them, and I hope others will be inspired to do the same!

For the sake of clarity, this opening post will contain instructions for saving costumes, uploading costume files, and using downloaded costume files.  If the instructions seem a bit simplistic, please forgive me; my own experience with computers has made it quite clear that simple, step-by-step instructions are the most useful.  I may later add pictures if requested.  Also, I'm a Windows user, so I have little/no idea how this works for other operating systems (please help!).

To save and upload a costume file to this thread:

1 ) Create a costume in the costume creator.

2 ) Beneath the color palette and the scaling adjuster, there is a button that says "Save". Click this button.

3 ) The creator UI will vanish and there will be a prompt in the upper left of the screen where you can give your costume file a name. Enter a name, then click "Save".  Note: this window will also show the file path where your costume file is being saved.  You may need this information for the next steps!

4 ) At the top of this thread, under the "search" line but above the bar that lists page numbers, there is a button that says "Reply to this topic". When you click it, you should get a text entry window with various editing options.

5 ) The text entry window includes a bar at the bottom that says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...". 
    You can then either a) find the costume file where you saved it earlier (remember the file path shown after completing step 3) and drag the file over to the reply window, or b) click "choose files" and select the file from your file directory (it's usually under C:/Games/Homecoming/Costumes ).  In either case,  the file will upload and you will see the file now attached to your message

6 ) When you've attached all the files you want to submit, click "Submit Reply" under the bottom right of the text entry box (please also include images of the costumes you submit, since the costume will not be displayed if you only upload the costume file).

To download a costume file and open it in the costume creator:

1 ) Click on the costume attachment in a forum post.  The download should happen automatically.

2 ) Go into File Explorer and find the costume file in your "downloads" folder.  It should have a name that looks something like "CostumeName.costume"

3 ) Locate the "Homecoming" folder (usually under C:/Games ) and open the "Costumes" sub-folder.  Make sure you can see the "Costumes" sub-folder in the navigation bar on the left of the File Explorer window.

4 ) Copy or move the file "CostumeName.costume" from the downloads folder to the "Costumes" sub-folder by dragging the file onto the "Costumes" folder in the navigation bar.

5 ) Start CoX and go into the character creation window.  Select an origin (because you have to for some reason), then go to the "Body" tab.

6 ) Select the body type that matches the costume file.  If the body type you selected doesn't match, you will be able to see the costume, but not load it into the costume creator.  If this happens, go back to the body type selection screen and select the appropriate body type.

7 ) Go to the "Costume" tab.  Below the color palette and the scaling adjuster, there is a button that says "Load". Click this button.

8 ) The costume creator UI will disappear and  a list of file names will appear on the left under the header "Load A Costume".  Select the costume you wish to load, then hit "Next" in the bottom right of the screen.  This should bring the costume creator UI back up with the character model now wearing the selected costume.

Whew, that was long!  I'll post my first few costume files in the next post.
Thank you for shopping at the Costume Exchange Warehouse! 😛 

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I made this one for halloween based on the colors in the city windows during the Halloween Event, but didn't end up using it.  FYI, she has the "bats" aura b/c spooky! Halloween1.costume

halloween1.thumb.png.653be0a02a0c252580b2fa7f10fc39cf.png

Another adventure in the costume creator that I don't have a character for.  I was trying to do a half-and-half look.

blue and red.costume

blueandred.thumb.png.8e7e543c53ee9ae160c7ae51ba519cd3.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

Can you tell I like the Carnival of War mask? 😛 It may be hard to see, but she has the Tribal pattern on the pants and the Cybertech 2 top with arm tattoos.

goldmask.costume
goldmask.thumb.png.cdc6627d992b56578fadf5c75977deca.png

Another half-and-half face.  It's hard to see, but the webbing bits on the wings are dark red.

goldskull.costume
goldskull.thumb.png.d4266e89f5cdc312bbc938df46cc88cb.png

• Thanks 1

Not my usual aesthetic, and I usually don't like to play characters that show this much skin, but I thought someone else might have fun with it.  She has a pink Fairy Dust aura for extra sparkelz!

gunbunny.costume

gunbunny.thumb.png.c3b49f493e28ff749865e1f32442d170.png

Yet another costume in need of a a good home!

mask.costume

mask.thumb.png.6cc089259d4cb802a5980db24419a64a.png

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 1

Finally, a male costume!  I made this for a friend and he altered it quite a bit, so I thought I'd post the original here.
skinned.costume

skinned.thumb.png.fe0500d69ca79de98719d79af5b4507a.png

I don't know why I chose a red skin tone for this one, but I think it looks decent.  It's fairly generic, so tweak away!

yellowholes.costume

yellowholes.thumb.png.5ec094a9488d7b7a511e11acd71e3a06.png

Hopefully, these will help get things started.  Don't worry; I've got more 😛 I'd love to see what you guys have made just playing around in the costume creator! 
Do you have any costumes in need of a good home?  Donate to the Costume Exchange Warehouse today!

• Like 1

Absintha's lewk

ZPef0u8.jpg

Human Mosquito

Vf6fr0O.jpg

The costume file for this one is the original I did, but most of Mosquito's looks use some variation of this file as the base and I may tweak the colors, patterns, and auras a bit.

Absintha.costume Mosquito.costume

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

And, what I used to create Dung-Beetle:

swxjMwj.jpg

DungBeetle.costume

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

• 5 months later
On 8/11/2021 at 5:46 PM, Shocktacular said:

Can you tell I like the Carnival of War mask? 😛 It may be hard to see, but she has the Tribal pattern on the pants and the Cybertech 2 top with arm tattoos.

goldmask.costume 7.33 kB · 42 downloads
goldmask.thumb.png.cdc6627d992b56578fadf5c75977deca.png

Another half-and-half face.  It's hard to see, but the webbing bits on the wings are dark red.

goldskull.costume 7.44 kB · 43 downloads
goldskull.thumb.png.d4266e89f5cdc312bbc938df46cc88cb.png

Every once in awhile a costume I see on here gives me an idea for an alt and/or bio to build an alt.

I give you Darkfire Fae, a Fire/Dark/Dark Corruptor.....inspired by your Goldskull costume!  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.f0a13777b2ee1badf86cef284f451d4d.png

• Like 3

• 3 months later