Make your own title

MsSmart

In Everlasting I am a member of Chaos United,, we are a huge SG with 3 Chaos United groups CU, CU1, CU2...

But we have so many players, that we only tend to have a single alt in the CU SG proper, we created a special chat channel to let all the alts communicate with CU and coalition.

What I am after, is for a way to identify the many alts we all have as members of CU in my case, same truth would be so for other mega-SGs. It occurs to me, as you can select from pre-determined titles, if you could actually write your own, you could then you could write, like in my case, Chaos United.

Just a suggestion, I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be

Hugs

Sue

A GM would have to approve all the titles, though. Or the devs would have to implement automatic checks on whether they're compliant with the CoC and the GMs would have to deal with ones that slip through. And then there'd have to be a way to lock usage to an SG(s) or list of people.

Why not just have a costume that alts can wear?

2 minutes ago, Magairlín said:

They mean the titles you can pick at a trainer. The Awesome Fantastic Superguy, etc.

Oh, okay. I just couldn't connect that to SGs.

Isn't the SG identifier, and or the SG rank, enough for this? Not to mention SG mode costume changes?

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I'm not exactly sure how a title would help with this.

If you're curious who's in an SG, you can always click on them and see it. Not everyone's going to use some custom title - and certainly everyone won't want one forced on them.  And that title won't affect alts - I *certainly* wouldn't put the same title on all 100+ alts I have, and if this were implemented (or I were told "As a member of this group/coalition, you must use X title," which, given they change by origin, couldn't happen anyway,) I'd leave the SG with a one-finger explanation.

If there are certain people you like playing with, use the player notes feature, then give them 3-5 stars so you can see who they are. You can add a note of your own, or right click and pick "edit note" and you'll see the other alts they're on.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Right click them and choose edit note.  Then u can give them a rating of 1-5 stars.  Several players i know use the stars to identify players since all their alts get the same star rating.  Checking the note also shows their global name as well as all of their alts that you have seen.

1 star - trash attitude player, dont team with this person.

2 star - neutral team experience, would team again.

3 star - good team experience

4 star - good non SG friends

5 star - all the SG

Then anyone you see with 5 stars you will know they are in your SG but just on an alt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just use global chat?

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

nope i wouldnt wear a specific title just to be identified as being in a specific sg on one or two of my characters, also

why does this idea come from an everlasting SG?

it is completly immersion breaking for RP if an SG would force you to wear a specific title on all your alt toons

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

If it was something like adding stars to a player that only you could see.  So not that you add it yourself but if there was an extra box in edit note that gave you like 20 characters of 'display note'. 

Then anyone could have whatever short title in addition to the stars that nobody else can see.

I could be '2 star TheZag - dies alot' to 1 person and '5 star TheZag - uber leetsauce' to someone else. 

Not that i would use it,  since i dont even use the note or star system.  But maybe its easy enough to add in for people that would make use of it.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:00 PM, Greycat said:

I'm not exactly sure how a title would help with this.

If you're curious who's in an SG, you can always click on them and see it. Not everyone's going to use some custom title - and certainly everyone won't want one forced on them.  And that title won't affect alts - I *certainly* wouldn't put the same title on all 100+ alts I have, and if this were implemented (or I were told "As a member of this group/coalition, you must use X title," which, given they change by origin, couldn't happen anyway,) I'd leave the SG with a one-finger explanation.

If there are certain people you like playing with, use the player notes feature, then give them 3-5 stars so you can see who they are. You can add a note of your own, or right click and pick "edit note" and you'll see the other alts they're on.

Not that I can't tell if you are in SG or not and which one. The problem is that I have for instance 30 alts, Chaos United does not have 30 slots just for me to have, so I have a single alt in CU, and 29 in my own SG so I can store stuff and craft, etc. While we have our own chat channel, which allows all 30 of my alts to communicate as if they were in CU, I can not display my true colors as a CU  member with all my alts. So I was hoping that instead of saying Super Sue, "The Heroic", I could substitute Heroic with Chaos United, and thus other players would know my affiliation and if I misbehave for instance, they know what SG leader to complain to, or if they like how I support in play, to get them to join CU. The real problem, and this is frankly a work around, is the limitations of how many members you can have in an SG.

14 hours ago, jkwak said:

nope i wouldnt wear a specific title just to be identified as being in a specific sg on one or two of my characters, also

why does this idea come from an everlasting SG?

it is completly immersion breaking for RP if an SG would force you to wear a specific title on all your alt toons

It would not be compulsory, it is always an individual's choice. The suggestion is a work around to the limitation and SG has in number of members. Of my 30 alts, only 1 is in Chaos United (CU) and the rest in my own personal SG so they have a place to store stuff, etc. The problem is CU does not have room for my 29 other alts (without booting that many other players to make room for me), and there is no way to display to others that despite they are in my personal SG, they are really members of CU. I used Everlasting, for I am in that server, I avoid making any statements on servers I do not play in, it would be wrong for me to assume that difficulties in Everlasting would be also true in other servers; this does not mean my suggestion can't or should not be done in other servers, but it may not make sense there, and I do not know. The idea incidentally came from me, a player, who is addressing a problem that Chaos United is addressing in Everlasting, so used real experience to base my request, as I said before I do not dare put words on folks on other servers.

hugs

Sue

so you are telling me you are in a SG coalition consistent of at least 3 SGs each filled with 150 members and no alts? that sounds highly unlikely.

and dont want to be this guy or anything but something is a bit fishy about it because the active player count isnt that big, so your SG might have an problem with inactive users and people with altitis secretly filling up the ranks a bit to much

Edited by jkwak

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

3 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Not that I can't tell if you are in SG or not and which one. The problem is that I have for instance 30 alts, Chaos United does not have 30 slots just for me to have, so I have a single alt in CU, and 29 in my own SG so I can store stuff and craft, etc. While we have our own chat channel, which allows all 30 of my alts to communicate as if they were in CU, I can not display my true colors as a CU  member with all my alts. So I was hoping that instead of saying Super Sue, "The Heroic", I could substitute Heroic with Chaos United, and thus other players would know my affiliation and if I misbehave for instance, they know what SG leader to complain to, or if they like how I support in play, to get them to join CU. The real problem, and this is frankly a work around, is the limitations of how many members you can have in an SG.

.... put it in your bio then?

I've got 100+ alts. If I'm not on my CU alt (because yes, I am in there,) why would someone want to complain to CU about me? I'm not representing them if I'm on another character. If I want them associated with CU, I'll toss alts into one of the secondary SGs.

Honestly, the more it's described, the more limited in scope it sounds like it's getting.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Hey @MsSmart, I understand what you're saying. I thought of one thing that is doable right away. You could have all your other Chaos United alts wear the Edge of Chaos exploration badge. That way, It tags them in some way that connects them with Chaos United. They aren't officially in the SG as far as the game displays, but they are on the 'edge'. Maybe it's a dumb idea, but I thought I'd toss it out there. 🙂  Maybe you could even talk your CU mates into designating 'Edge of Chaos' as an RP auxiliary team name, for alts in the same circumstance.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, D0C_MID4S said:

Hey @MsSmart, I understand what you're saying. I thought of one thing that is doable right away. You could have all your other Chaos United alts wear the Edge of Chaos exploration badge. That way, It tags them in some way that connects them with Chaos United. They aren't officially in the SG as far as the game displays, but they are on the 'edge'. Maybe it's a dumb idea, but I thought I'd toss it out there. 🙂  Maybe you could even talk your CU mates into designating 'Edge of Chaos' as an RP auxiliary team name, for alts in the same circumstance.

That is awesome! Thank you

Sue

On 9/6/2021 at 10:38 AM, MsSmart said:

What I am after, is for a way to identify the many alts we all have

A more elegant option for identifying a player to their alts would be to have "Player Global" as an option under Windows > Reticle. While we can get the same information through different means, players that care about that sort of things could have it easily visible. Doesn't help with the SG affiliation but I would rather they figure out how to up the limit, even if it's a small number of SGs that suffer from that issue.