Ouro to Cim

Wavicle

Just now, krj12 said:

Cimerora is an active zone, what is an echo needed for?

Or did you mean add it to the main exit portal?

The Echo teleporter is the one that takes you Back in time, so it seemed to make sense. I just think there should be a direct path to Cim from Ouro.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

In the mission where you travel to Cimerora, the midnighters specifically mention they are bypassing ouro to travel back in time by their own means.

I always wondered if this was due to some in-character reason such as not trusting Mender Silos (who seems a rather shady character overall), or just a contrivance to introduce the midnighters and Cimerora with the same set of missions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aethereal said:

I don't know if you're asking for theme or for convenience, but if it's the latter, note that you can teleport directly to Cimerora from wherever by going to the LFG tab, locking group, and selecting ITF as the TF you want to start.

This very fact is why I don't think it's a problem to have something like this added.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 2:48 PM, Wavicle said:

This very fact is why I don't think it's a problem to have something like this added.

We shouldn't get hung up on foolish consistency. After all, the base portals to Echo:Galaxy City were removed because the base portals aren't capable of sending you across time, just space. Never mind that, when defeated, you can teleport to your base to rez from Cimerora or any of the Echo zones, then teleport back using the base entrance portal.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, Miss Magical said:

In the mission where you travel to Cimerora, the midnighters specifically mention they are bypassing ouro to travel back in time by their own means.

I always wondered if this was due to some in-character reason such as not trusting Mender Silos (who seems a rather shady character overall), or just a contrivance to introduce the midnighters and Cimerora with the same set of missions.

Basically the two groups are rivals in the battle against Battalion. Obviously the sunset cut this short. But they're both trying to save the primal dimension from Battalion, but disagree on how to do it. This is talked about in the lore AMA's with the former devs of Paragon Studios. Shit was going to be so cash. 

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Lore_AMA

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

We shouldn't get hung up on foolish consistency. After all, the base portals to Echo:Galaxy City were removed because the base portals aren't capable of sending you across time, just space. Never mind that, when defeated, you can teleport to your base to rez from Cimerora or any of the Echo zones, then teleport back using the base entrance portal.

... which, frankly, I think was a bad idea. Having those beacons didn't hurt anything, and railroads or invalidates plenty of base and SG concepts.

I don't agree to having the Ouro portal have Cim because that *is* listed in lore as being the midnighters working around (and against) Ouroboros and Silos. But other than that...

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 hours ago, Greycat said:

I don't agree to having the Ouro portal have Cim because that *is* listed in lore as being the midnighters working around (and against) Ouroboros and Silos. But other than that...

I didn't say it should take you to the same Spot in Cim. There's no reason the Menders and the Midnighters couldn't have competing entrances.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I didn't say it should take you to the same Spot in Cim. There's no reason the Menders and the Midnighters couldn't have competing entrances.

There's not a lot of room in cim, and there's not really reason to force a confrontation between the two there.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

19 hours ago, Greycat said:

There's not a lot of room in cim, and there's not really reason to force a confrontation between the two there.

Well, I also didn't say anything about a portal TO Ouro being placed in Cim.

What I imagine is you click the portal in Ouro, you are teleported to a deserted spot in Cim, perhaps on top of one of the mountains, with nothing around you.

• Like 1