Linked Missions

Gentoo

Learned something new today. Mr. G and the Dean/Leanard missions redside are linked. I was totally surprised when Leanard suddenly showed up on a random Mr. G mission. I have done that mission numerous times before and never saw him show up before.

Does anyone know what triggered that? Something in the Leanard dialogs no doubt. Maybe random?

Are there any other linked missions like this? I saw one where you help your clone and he shows up to help you later. 

Any others you are aware of. Is there a full list of these? It is a pretty cool concept.

40 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Learned something new today. Mr. G and the Dean/Leanard missions redside are linked. I was totally surprised when Leanard suddenly showed up on a random Mr. G mission. I have done that mission numerous times before and never saw him show up before.

Does anyone know what triggered that? Something in the Leanard dialogs no doubt. Maybe random?

Are there any other linked missions like this? I saw one where you help your clone and he shows up to help you later. 

Any others you are aware of. Is there a full list of these? It is a pretty cool concept.

Redside noob mish arc.

You can kill off (permanently) contacts in the arc that are also villain types in mishs, and they just wont be there. You can make friends with contacts, and then they will s how up. The (new) noob redside arcs are actually super cool

Mr. G's Marital arc will have extra influences if you completed Dean MacArthur's, Leonard's, and Vincent Ross' arcs.

If you complete Dean's arc, he will contact you when you're getting the IDF commander's intel.  Call him before entering the next mission, this will result in the upcoming cutscene with Mr. Yin being changed and Dean will be a hostage you can rescue in the upcoming Carnies mission for a badge.

If you did Leonard's arc, you'll run into your own clone when you storm Praetoria and you'll get extra dialogue from Mr. G.  Leonard will assist you when you go to fight Crimson Revenant.  It's just him repaying your favor for saving his life and and all that business.  You'll also get some extra dialogue if you sell out your team to Vanguard in the last mission, including being able to call Mr. G's bluff.

If you did Vincent's arc, he'll show up as a hostage you can rescue when you're trashing all the Family's cars.  Save him for a badge.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

A few others.

The introductory mission for Dark Astoria for Villains has an extra dialogue choice from Arbiter Daos if you've completed the Lord Recluse Strike Force.

Heather Townshead has some continuity.  If you're a Villain and you've done Darrin Wade's arc (The Thief of Midnight), Sigil will not be happy to see you when you meet her.  You have the opportunity to apologize to her if you've turned a new leaf.  Additionally after this mission, if you've completed First Ward you can get some more extra dialogue where you figure out much more quickly that the Talons of Vengance are involved.

More Villain continuity, during Dominatrix's arc, Ajax won't be happy to see you either if you've done Dean MacArthur's arc.  He's under orders not to take it out on you though and stays his hand.

Provost Marchand's arc in Primal Earth, there will be extra dialogue from Nadia, Katie, and Makawa if you've completed First Ward.  I believe Pendragon also has an extra line if you've done BV's arc.  If you are a Praetorian and your stories had you interract with the members of The New Praetorians, they have different lines based on your actions in the past; Marauder accepts that you killed Cleopatra for instance (and her body won't be there when you extract him from Imperial).  Marchand himself will also be thrilled to speak to you again if you left Praetoria as a Loyalist when you see him, though he will still address you as a "fellow Praetorian" if you were Resistance.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

6 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

and you'll get extra dialogue from Mr. G.  Leonard will assist you when you go to fight Crimson Revenant.

And speaking of Crimson Revenant... If you do his arcs before all this, he'll join you in that mission instead of fighting you.

It's quite a thing having both Leonard and CR help you tear up that street.

• 1 year later

I like to start out Praetorian.  When I get to Primal Earth after 20, I immediately run Dean/Leonard then switch sides to run Nance/Adair.  Lots of great dialogue and tie ins.  Should probably work Vincent in there too.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:18 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

Marchand himself will also be thrilled to speak to you again if you left Praetoria as a Loyalist when you see him, though he will still address you as a "fellow Praetorian" if you were Resistance.

I got a kick out of him being thrilled to see me last time when I ran as Loyalist but did undercover for the Resistance.  Switched to Loyalist (officially) at the Cleopatra moral choice mission and then stayed there but still working for Calvin Scott.

Aaron Theory (sp) in the early Atlas Park missions can be dissapeared.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Is there a flow chart, organogram or similar to highlight the choices we can make for this? Some sort of visualization would be very useful with some of these arcs

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:37 PM, Hew said:

Redside noob mish arc.

You can kill off (permanently) contacts in the arc that are also villain types in mishs, and they just wont be there. You can make friends with contacts, and then they will s how up. The (new) noob redside arcs are actually super cool

I imagine double XP, obsessions with being level 50 and endgame, etc, has hidden this extremely well.

Vampires tease they do not explain.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

6 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

and....?

Connected Badge

Jump to navigationJump to search

Description

You've worked together with a contact in Sharkhead on the side while investigating the secrets of the Blood Coral.

How to Get

Work with one of the side contacts in the villain story arc from Vincent Ross.

Notes

After accepting the very first mission of Vincent Ross' story arc but before entering the mission door, you will need to talk to one of Vince Dubrowski, Lorenz Ansaldo or Diviner Maros. Two will tell you that you have a more important task to attend to, but one of them will add a special side mission to the current mission.

Inside and near the entrance to the mission there will be a Radio contact to call your contact and get additional orders in the form of an optional side quest. Perform the side quest within the mission and after completing that mission go meet the contact who requested it. Also, contact Vincent Ross to advance the main mission arc.

Repeat this for each of Ross's missions. Note that his subsequent missions may use any of these three contacts, not necessarily the one who gave you the initial side mission, so check with each to find the one who doesn't tell you that you have a more important task.

On the 5th mission of Vincent's main arc, you will get your most recent contact as reinforcement. The mission is entitled Part Five: The Key to Power and after completing it, you will get the Connected Badge.

See Also

Badges

Issue 19 Badges

Connected Badge - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

• Thumbs Up 1