set bonuses

Snarky

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Enhancement_Set_Bonuses

Pertinent section:

"When a character exemplars down to a lower level access to set bonuses (and Global IOs that function as set bonuses) is based on the level of the Enhancement and not the power they are slotted in. Exemplaring more than three levels below the level of the Enhancements renders the set bonuses non-functional. However as long as the character does not exemplar more than three levels below the level of the Enhancement the set bonuses are retained even if the power they are slotted in is unavailable.

Very Rare IOs and PvP IOs are exempt from this rule and their set bonuses function regardless of the character's exemplar level. Attuned Enhancements change their level based on the character's current Combat Level so the set bonuses will only shut off if the character exemplars more than three levels below the minimum level allowed for the Enhancement."

Very Rare = Purples.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Caulderone said:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Enhancement_Set_Bonuses

Pertinent section:

"When a character exemplars down to a lower level access to set bonuses (and Global IOs that function as set bonuses) is based on the level of the Enhancement and not the power they are slotted in. Exemplaring more than three levels below the level of the Enhancements renders the set bonuses non-functional. However as long as the character does not exemplar more than three levels below the level of the Enhancement the set bonuses are retained even if the power they are slotted in is unavailable.

Very Rare IOs and PvP IOs are exempt from this rule and their set bonuses function regardless of the character's exemplar level. Attuned Enhancements change their level based on the character's current Combat Level so the set bonuses will only shut off if the character exemplars more than three levels below the minimum level allowed for the Enhancement."

Very Rare = Purples.

This is more or less what my faulty memory was saying.   However i encountered someone (who i believe) saying a bombardment or artillery (forget which one) was giving set bonuses at level 4!

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

This is more or less what my faulty memory was saying.   However i encountered someone (who i believe) saying a bombardment or artillery (forget which one) was giving set bonuses at level 4!

Sets created by the HC team weren't flagged to shut off set bonuses at their minimum level.  Those do work all the way down to level 1.  I recently tested several sets and reported those as bugged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 hours ago, Luminara said:

Sets created by the HC team weren't flagged to shut off set bonuses at their minimum level.  Those do work all the way down to level 1.  I recently tested several sets and reported those as bugged.

Has it been tested if the %procs from such sets (e.g. from Bombardment) work below their minimum level? I have a small number of characters with Positron's Blast %proc slotted in relatively low-level attacks... and if I could eek out a little MOAR damage from limited content... well, I'd probably make the change.

34 minutes ago, tidge said:

Has it been tested if the %procs from such sets (e.g. from Bombardment) work below their minimum level? I have a small number of characters with Positron's Blast %proc slotted in relatively low-level attacks... and if I could eek out a little MOAR damage from limited content... well, I'd probably make the change.

Procs don't care about level.  If it is slotted in a power that you have access to, it will work.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Invention_Origin_Enhancements#Procs

"Unlike the Globals, Procs depend on the power they are slotted in to be activated in order to work. If the power isn't activated, then no benefit from the Proc. Consequently, exemplaring lower than the level of the power means the power is greyed out and can't be used (even passive powers follow that rule), which means the Proc won't work. However, the upside of Procs is that if the power is active, the Proc always works, even if you exemplar way below the level of the Proc. Procs don't follow the -3 level rule that Globals and Set Bonuses do. "

Edited by Caulderone
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Could they have been talking about a PVP or a purple set?  I think the bonuses on those are always available, no matter how low the exemplar.

No it was definitely an Orange set and the answer was given up thread 

• Like 1

Related question:  some procs need the power to be activated before they do anything.  For example, if Numina:Regen/Recovery or Miracle:Recovery are placed in a click power, they function for 2 minutes after the power is used, then stop being active until the  power is clicked again.  (Placing either one in Health or some other auto health power alleviates this minor drawback though.)  Other procs seem to be always active, whether the power is used or not.   Examples here are the pet sets with procs which offer defense or resistance to all pets.  Is there some pattern to which type a proc is?

Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

2 hours ago, cohRock said:

Related question:  some procs need the power to be activated before they do anything.  For example, if Numina:Regen/Recovery or Miracle:Recovery are placed in a click power, they function for 2 minutes after the power is used, then stop being active until the  power is clicked again.  (Placing either one in Health or some other Auto health power alleviates this minor drawback though.)  Other procs seem to be always active, whether the power is used or not.   Examples here are the pet sets with procs which offer defense or resistance to all pets.  Is there some pattern to which type a proc is?

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Set_Enhancements_with_Special_Effects

Short breakdown: some special IOs are globals (meaning they apply a bonus which is always on, even if the power in which they're slotted is never used); some are standard procs (they trigger once on activation of the power in which they're slotted); and some are Proc 120 IOs (they have a pre-defined 120s duration which is triggered when the power in which they're slotted is activated).

Pet Damage (and Recharge Intensive Pets) set special IOs are globals.  You never have to click the power in which they're slotted, the don't have to be in an auto power or toggle, they just do their thing (apply a bonus effect).  Other examples of global IOs are the +3% Def(All) IOs and all of the -KB IOs.

Numina's and Miracle are Proc 120 IOs.  If placed in a click power, they'll activate with a 120s duration, during which their effects are fully applied.  If placed in an auto power or toggle, the 120s duration is reset every time the auto power's effect is refreshed (every 0.5s, or 2.0s, or 10.0s, depending on the power).  Another example of Proc 120 IOs is all of the Stealth IOs and the Kismet +Acc (it's +ToHit, but labeled on the enhancement and recipe as Accuracy).

Edited by Luminara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

46 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Pet Damage (and Recharge Intensive Pets) set special IOs are globals.  You never have to click the power in which they're slotted, the don't have to be in an auto power or toggle, they just do their thing (apply a bonus effect).  Other examples of global IOs are the +3% Def(All) IOs, the Kismet +Acc (it's +ToHit, but labeled on the enhancement and recipe as Accuracy) and all of the -KB IOs.

Kismet, interestingly, is not a global.  It only applies when the power it's in is on or has been clicked.

• Thumbs Up 1