What are your favorite City of Heroes "Dad jokes"?

Here's a couple of mine...

Q: Why are Incarnates such snappy dressers?

A: Because they have a lot of awesome threads.

Q: Why are the Devouring Earth a hit at parties?

A: Because deep down, they're really just a bunch of fungis (fun guys).

Q: When you piss off Talos Island's Asian street gang enough that they come looking for you, what do they sing?

A: "Tsoo seek you. Oh, Tsoo seek you. Tsoo seek you, I love you, Tsoo seek you."

Anyone else got any good (terrible) ones? :)

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

Your dad and mine have very different styles of humor, I guess. Because I wouldn't have classified any of them as 'dad jokes'.

Those are the definition of the quintessential 'Dad Joke'.Basically bad puns, with the occasional "Hi, Hungry, I'm Dad" thrown in.

Not in my family. Bad puns, yes. But mostly clever word play, sarcastic observations, and off the wall comments which make everyone around you screech to a halt and go "Wait, WHAT?!" One example is when I lost track of the time while doing some research and ended up staying up all night. My dad commented that he always preferred to do his studying late at night, because the answers would always dawn on him.

Or the following exchange while watching one of those Dumbest ____ Caught On Tape shows.

"Why would you have an alligator in your back seat?!"

"Because if you put it in the front seat he'll want to drive."

"..."

Another one was when me and dad were looking at pictures of old bizzare inventions. One was a bicycle with no tires and a third wheel, designed to be ridden on railroad tracks. The comment made? Well, my brother asked why the bike had a third wheel sticking so far out. The response was "training wheels." Of course, neither me nor my dad realized the pun initially. But when we did... breathing suddenly became very difficult for both of us. And we continued to crack up about it for a couple hours.

• Like 2

Yeah, that ‘the answers will dawn on me’ joke is absolutely a classic Dad joke. Terrible and great because it’s terrible.

What’s Lusca’s favourite history period?

The Spanish Ink-uisituon.

Get it? GET IT, SON? The Spanish INK-uisition!!!

MCM

Not in my family.

"Dad Jokes" isn't a family-specific thing. It's not 'the kind of jokes my dad tells', it's 'the kind of joke the Platonic ideal of a dad tells'. It's got a set definition, nothing to do with individual families/fathers.

Why is Steamy Mist such a good defense power for storms?

because the bad guys always mist you when they shoot  ;D

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

This is adapted from an AE arc I partly made but never finished:

Hero A: So I went on a mission to a dimension where the dominant intelligent species was Felis Sapiens rather than humans. They were under attack by their own version of Hamidon.

Hero B: So what did you do?

Hero A: Well I spent most of my time rescuing kittens from trees.

And yes, the arc did have a mission with that objective.

• Haha 2

Defender Smash!

My friend is notorious for his painful puns, but I finally one-upped him one day while doing missions in Praetoria.  I saw we could move on without fighting some Resistance guys, so I started going that way to bypass them.  He asks why we're skipping the group.

"I'm taking the path of least Resistance."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

At this point, I think hearing someone say "Swipe left!" when fighting Tinder in DFB has reached dad-joke levels of groanworthy.

No one's said that on any of my runs, but I did hear one of Sam "Strippin" Thorne's party say it when they noticed his name.

Q: How many regen scrappers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Four. One to screw it in, and the other three to sit around complaining that the light bulb was so much better when it was a toggle.

Q: Why should you never taunt the monster in Dark Astoria?

A: Because no one wants to see you Adamastor baiting.

Q: What's worse than having sex with Satan to join the Hellions?

A: Joining the Skulls and being told you have to Bone Daddy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

At this point, I think hearing someone say "Swipe left!" when fighting Tinder in DFB has reached dad-joke levels of groanworthy.

I want them to add a secret badge for getting through a DFB without someone making a Tinder joke.

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

Own your Dad jokes, yes it might be lame and groan worthy but take pride in the fact that you make the world a much more fun place to be  ;D

• Thanks 1

You may also know me in game as...

Mupi Widt - AKB048 - Pulsar Girl - Captain Dad - Popsicle Girl - Carpathian - Tatanya Angelica Snow

My friend is notorious for his painful puns, but I finally one-upped him one day while doing missions in Praetoria.  I saw we could move on without fighting some Resistance guys, so I started going that way to bypass them.  He asks why we're skipping the group.

"I'm taking the path of least Resistance."

Win. Awesome joke.

MCM

Q: When you piss off Talos Island's Asian street gang enough that they come looking for you, what do they sing?

A: "Tsoo seek you. Oh, Tsoo seek you. Tsoo seek you, I love you, Tsoo seek you."

I was just going to ask about a Boy Named Tsoo

Doing the final mission of Maria Jenkins, with that big lava pit in the room, one of my teammates fell in it and died.

My Fire Tanker immediately jumped in, too, and I said, "I can't help falling in lava with you."

(Then I lured the AV in and melted him down. Good times.)

• Like 2

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

What happens when a group of Malta Sappers meets a group of clockwork?

Nothing no body has any endurance left  :P

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?