Mimicry Idea...AT???

The_Warpact

Had an idea for a villain that is like Protean (since we have a million costume slots) that can assume various identities. 

That being said I figured Blasters(maybe) have that range to have different powers, melee/ranged/holds/immobilizes, etc that would fit a character of that type.

Not to mention powers can be changed in some instances not only the colors but how they are cast or different animations for melee. 

So now the question what primary/secondary/PP would fit that scope?

I was thinking of doing an Arachnos, Longbow, civilian, hero, villain, Vanguard, etc as different costume options.

Thinking caps on and let the creative juices flow! (Eeeww)

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

You might also make use of the three builds.  Obviously not as convenient as a costume change, but you could BaseTp -> Trainer -> step back through portal and be back where you were in a new costume and alternate build inside of a minute or less probably.   This would let you emphasize Blaster melee attacks and melee defense in one build, ranged in another, control type stuff in a third?

• Like 1

My main just set up build change macros so he has a flying blaster mode, a blapper mode, and a PvP mode, and he has little “1”, “2”, “3” buttons from Staff icons. Blaster is definitely a good bet for versatility. Maybe also doms?

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZemX said:

You might also make use of the three builds.  Obviously not as convenient as a costume change, but you could BaseTp -> Trainer -> step back through portal and be back where you were in a new costume and alternate build inside of a minute or less probably.   This would let you emphasize Blaster melee attacks and melee defense in one build, ranged in another, control type stuff in a third?

True forgot about the 3 builds!

14 minutes ago, arcane said:

My main just set up build change macros so he has a flying blaster mode, a blapper mode, and a PvP mode, and he has little “1”, “2”, “3” buttons from Staff icons. Blaster is definitely a good bet for versatility. Maybe also doms?

Care to share the macros?

No on dom's they are perhaps my most hated AT. 

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Yeah when I’m home 🙂

EDIT: @The_Warpact here you go:

/macro_image "StaffFighting_PerfectionofSoulLevel1" "Build #1 - PvP" "select_build 1"

/macro_image "StaffFighting_PerfectionofSoulLevel2" "Build #2 - PvE Flyer" "select_build 2"

/macro_image "StaffFighting_PerfectionofSoulLevel3" "Build #3 - PvE Runner" "select_build 3"

Edited by arcane
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

/selectbuild 1

/selectbuild 2

/selectbuild 3

Use it whenever.  I tend to change builds in combat while tanking to see if ill survive when all my toggles drop.  (Only while teaming of course)

TIL!

Thanks!  I guess it really is as easy as a costume change.

Power blast recolors very well.  Some like psychic blast have alternate animations that can make the powers look very different,  hand blast vs forehead blast.  Using the fighting pool and epic/patron for melee would allow for a defender or corruptor if you want blast/melee/buff.

I would think an AR or Beam Rifle/Ninjitsu Blaster would work best - you get gun attacks, sword attacks, and can dip into fighting for bare-handed combat.  You also get the wrist dart, which is similar to what some Vahzilok and Knives of Artemis use.  You could also delve into Sorcery or Force of Will, if you want to add a few non-weapon ranged attacks to your repertoire...

Edited by biostem

9 hours ago, biostem said:

I would think an AR or Beam Rifle/Ninjitsu Blaster would work best - you get gun attacks, sword attacks, and can dip into fighting for bare-handed combat.  You also get the wrist dart, which is similar to what some Vahzilok and Knives of Artemis use.  You could also delve into Sorcery or Force of Will, if you want to add a few non-weapon ranged attacks to your repertoire...

Great suggestion, but I have to point out that Beam and AR with ninjitsu both have the launch point for the projectiles at...your knee, rather than the actual weapon. Known bug. 

• Sad 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

11 hours ago, biostem said:

Initially that's what I thought, but, I was thinking more along the lines of having blasting, melee, etc. A super skrull or Amazo not a Taskmaster. 

Hard trying to get everything in such a large vision when there are limitations. I did go fire/atomic, sorcery pool, and Mace for the Arachnos identity. Different colors and animations on each. Just have to unlock the last 3 slot, and made macros for each change with fx.

• Thumbs Up 1