So, ummm, Mind Probe?

Bill Z Bubba

Someone want to tell me why a pool power attack has better DPA than the entirety of the sonic blast set?

Oh.. my bad. Mind probe is a better DPA attack than every single primary attack power there is for sentinels except zapping bolt, blaze, and bitter ice blast. I realize this probably isn't news to a lot of you but I find it horrific.

image.png.e5ea551d9059cbee9b400440d59dde00.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/16/2021 at 9:26 PM, SmalltalkJava said:

Mind Probe and Proc Bomb'd Dominate.  The true staple of Sentinel DPS. 

On 10/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

And no one else considers this ridiculous?

On 10/16/2021 at 9:52 PM, SmalltalkJava said:

the best Sentinel primary is Psionic Mastery.  

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

• 2 weeks later

I'm really busy IRL, so I'm barely in-game lately ... but if you can catch me in-game (Everlasting and Excelsior)...

I solo* up to 801.6 +4x8 with my Sentinel, and lead groups up to 801.A.   I usually swap if it goes higher than 801.7 as teams get exponentially less reliable as soon as you hit 7 and above.  *I don't have enough firepower to complete above 2 in the time allotted, but can tank 6 pretty comfortably, and take out one group at a time just up to the edge of 7.  I can probably do 7 +4x4, but not full +4x8.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

53 minutes ago, Linea said:

I'm really busy IRL, so I'm barely in-game lately ... but if you can catch me in-game (Everlasting and Excelsior)...

I solo* up to 801.6 +4x8 with my Sentinel, and lead groups up to 801.A.   I usually swap if it goes higher than 801.7 as teams get exponentially less reliable as soon as you hit 7 and above.  *I don't have enough firepower to complete above 2 in the time allotted, but can tank 6 pretty comfortably, and take out one group at a time just up to the edge of 7.  I can probably do 7 +4x4, but not full +4x8.

Oh, sweet. Full disclosure: I've barely ventured into the 801's but I'd love to test the waters. I'm on Excelsior myself typically around 8pm EST. 

23 hours ago, ThrillMill said:

Oh, sweet. Full disclosure: I've barely ventured into the 801's but I'd love to test the waters. I'm on Excelsior myself typically around 8pm EST. 

At the risk of revealing the depth of my ignorance, I have to ask… what are the 801s? And what on earth is 801.A etc?

801s are a series of AE missions that @Linea created to be extremely high-challenge.  They are VERY HARD.

801.0 is the easiest, and then they go up higher and I guess maybe after 801.9 they go to 801.A?  Not sure, haven't been keeping up.

I played one of them, once, in a group led by @Linea, with my twinked out ice/bio stalker and I faceplanted like five times before I adjusted to how to fight in an environment that was much harder than normal CoH, it was humbling.

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, ThrillMill said:

Brothers, let us revel in the glory that will be our triumph over these 801 missions. Who among us will alter the fates and lead us to eternal victory? 

If you want to lead/schedule, my fire/bio sent is fully tricked out. I'm on Excel. Wed/Thu are SG nights but any other night I can swing a few runs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

If you want to lead/schedule, my fire/bio sent is fully tricked out. I'm on Excel. Wed/Thu are SG nights but any other night I can swing a few runs.

I've got an AR/SR/Scorp Sent on Excel. that is only slightly over the softcap. Liable to get rekt in these sorts of missions but I'd love to try all the same. Toss me your global so I can find you? Maybe we could try a run tonight around 9 EST?  

1 hour ago, ThrillMill said:

I've got an AR/SR/Scorp Sent on Excel. that is only slightly over the softcap. Liable to get rekt in these sorts of missions but I'd love to try all the same. Toss me your global so I can find you? Maybe we could try a run tonight around 9 EST?  

@Bill Z Bubba

I can do 9 EST.

• Like 1

I'll be around 'some' this week, but mostly afk IRL.  Global @linea

ThrillMill, BillyMailman and I cranked up 801.2 at +2/x8 and, as expected, didn't have much trouble after several spawns, so assuming that these are designed for max diff, we dropped out, reset for +4/x8, hopped back in and made it through a few spawns before Billy faceplanted, I faceplanted and lastly ThrillMill's SD Tank ate some dirt as well. Always a good time taking new folks into those and I'm looking forward to seeing what the new hardcore mode will dish out for us.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I expect the hardest setting to be pushing 801.7 territory.  But we'll see.

Global me, and I'll try to run some 801s this week on Excel, 7pm-9pm EST.

19 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

ThrillMill, BillyMailman and I cranked up 801.2 at +2/x8 and, as expected, didn't have much trouble after several spawns, so assuming that these are designed for max diff, we dropped out, reset for +4/x8, hopped back in and made it through a few spawns before Billy faceplanted, I faceplanted and lastly ThrillMill's SD Tank ate some dirt as well. Always a good time taking new folks into those and I'm looking forward to seeing what the new hardcore mode will dish out for us.

The -end debuffs were problematic to say the least! What a rush, tho! Let's go again soon, eh? I'm curious to know how my poison defender would fair? My Stone/Regen brute?!  

On 11/1/2021 at 7:04 PM, Linea said:

I expect the hardest setting to be pushing 801.7 territory.  But we'll see.

Global me, and I'll try to run some 801s this week on Excel, 7pm-9pm EST.

On behalf of */Regen Sentinels everywhere; I apologize for my poor showing. It's not indicative of the set; it's indicative of me. 

22 hours ago, ThrillMill said:

On behalf of */Regen Sentinels everywhere; I apologize for my poor showing. It's not indicative of the set; it's indicative of me. 

Nerf Regen!

Edited by oldskool
Note: Nerf Regen is an old joke. It isn't serious.