Cold/? Suggestions

BurningDezire

Water or Dark work best as they can play well at range although Cold doesn't need to and they offer a heal which Cold lacks. Rad can debuff def and use the -res proc. Sonic has -res. Beam can be great against AVs as well. Its side effect does take some setting up which can be annoying on faster teams. Those would be the main ones I would look at.

Fire and Ice work, but due to Scourge they work far better on a Corr.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I've got a Cold/Beam. In addition to the debuffs in Cold, Beam has -res, -regen and -def, although it takes a while to remember which attacks do what. Definitely great vs. AVs and in incarnate trials.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• 2 weeks later
On 10/19/2021 at 1:19 PM, Without_Pause said:

Water or Dark work best as they can play well at range although Cold doesn't need to and they offer a heal which Cold lacks. Rad can debuff def and use the -res proc. Sonic has -res. Beam can be great against AVs as well. Its side effect does take some setting up which can be annoying on faster teams. Those would be the main ones I would look at.

Fire and Ice work, but due to Scourge they work far better on a Corr.

I have one Cold/Dark defender. 
I recommend Cold/Dark if you also solo, not just team.  However Dark works very well even if on teams. 
The to hit debuffs are great when paired up with decent amount of defenses. 
The heal is good and it recharges quick, and if you take an EPIC with power boost , that heal becomes even greater , and also your to hit debuffs. 

Thanks to the debuffs and the heal, you can solo AVs at 54 with the Defender with more safety than other blast sets. 

I am not saying it is the best, but it has amazing utility and still good dmg.  

• Like 1

I went Cold/water so I could name them Tall Glass. If soloing AVs is something to be looked at, then Beam is definitely worth looking into. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 10/29/2021 at 6:19 AM, Voltak said:

I have one Cold/Dark defender. 
I recommend Cold/Dark if you also solo, not just team.  However Dark works very well even if on teams. 
The to hit debuffs are great when paired up with decent amount of defenses. 
The heal is good and it recharges quick, and if you take an EPIC with power boost , that heal becomes even greater , and also your to hit debuffs. 

Thanks to the debuffs and the heal, you can solo AVs at 54 with the Defender with more safety than other blast sets. 

I am not saying it is the best, but it has amazing utility and still good dmg.  

Do you have a build for Cold/Dark that you can post please? TY.

• 3 weeks later

Second vote for cold/dark. I went /dark ancillary for soul drain/dark embrace/aoe stun. Capped ranged/aoe, walking mag4 stun, perma soul drain. Very hard to kill even solo pre-incarnates, good damage and great buffs/de buffs. 

• Thumbs Up 2

A Cold/Dark was 1 of 4 defenders on a 5-man static team my friends and I put together on Live (Dark themed).  Had to be one of the most potent 5 character teams we put together or I've otherwise been part of along about i13 or so.  And I ran a Cold/Ice/Power that was a lot of fun and no slouch either in terms of debuffs (or his ability to hit a light blue color with his To Hit in combat attributes).

On 11/17/2021 at 11:46 PM, Enots said:

Second vote for cold/dark. I went /dark ancillary for soul drain/dark embrace/aoe stun. Capped ranged/aoe, walking mag4 stun, perma soul drain. Very hard to kill even solo pre-incarnates, good damage and great buffs/de buffs. 

This intrigues me, any build ideas? finally trying to pull the trigger on a cold domination char🙂

On 11/25/2021 at 7:16 AM, Pyrul said:

This intrigues me, any build ideas? finally trying to pull the trigger on a cold domination char🙂

My group attack is TT, sleet, dark pit, TT, move into melee- soul drain- nuke. Pick off what's left, its normally not much. I use snowstorm to slow down harder mobs or herd.

Couple of nuances- TT is much better with range enhancement. Mus. Radial Incarnate enhances acc debuff, gives end mod and increasers immob- which is almost designed just for this build.  Solo I normally run around at damage cap with my inspicombine keybinds/soul drain. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

slalom: Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Cold Domination
Secondary Power Set: Dark Blast
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Infrigidate -- PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(3), AchHee-ResDeb%(3), ShlBrk-%Dam(25), TchofLadG-%Dam(43)
Level 1: Dark Blast -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 2: Ice Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 4: Gloom -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 6: Moonbeam -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(7), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42)
Level 8: Glacial Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(11), BlsoftheZ-Travel(34), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(37)
Level 12: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), GldArm-ResDam(13), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Tenebrous Tentacles -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(17), Artl-Acc/Dam(17), Artl-Dam/End(21), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Dam/Rech(33)
Level 18: Benumb -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(19), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 26: Sleet -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(27), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(29), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(29)
Level 30: Dark Pit -- AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(40), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(43), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(46), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(46)
Level 32: Heat Loss -- PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(33), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Life Drain -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Apc-Dmg(36), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(37), Heal-I(37)
Level 38: Blackstar -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Erd-%Dam(39), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Oppressive Gloom -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 49: Snow Storm -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface