Inf off, XP on?

shoobz

Even without a farmer piling up loot for my gang, I tend to run double XP until I hit 20. I like to "play for play's sake," without grinding in DFB or AE, but a bit of a speed run through those bottom levels, building the basic power set and getting comfortable with the build. I see it as a balance between the two extremes (organic grinding, which does get fairly tedious, or power-grinding, which IMVVHO misses the whole point of the game).

And... if you've never blown from Level 1 to 2 with one (1) orange kill defeat, it's worth the giggle.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

5 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Even without a farmer piling up loot for my gang, I tend to run double XP until I hit 20. I like to "play for play's sake," without grinding in DFB or AE, but a bit of a speed run through those bottom levels, building the basic power set and getting comfortable with the build. I see it as a balance between the two extremes (organic grinding, which does get fairly tedious, or power-grinding, which IMVVHO misses the whole point of the game).

And... if you've never blown from Level 1 to 2 with one (1) orange kill defeat, it's worth the giggle.

Likewise. I run double xp until 20ish, preferably running DFB (once),  Posi 1, and Posi 2.

The influence you'd gain at those levels is minimal and I gift my characters 1 million inf from an established character at that point, which is more than sufficient to get them a base of SOs upon which to rely.

2 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Likewise. I run double xp until 20ish, preferably running DFB (once),  Posi 1, and Posi 2.

The influence you'd gain at those levels is minimal and I gift my characters 1 million inf from an established character at that point, which is more than sufficient to get them a base of SOs upon which to rely.

Exactly. I keep a few 1M and 2M emails in the hopper for continuing SO builds and upgrades. And as you note, even full Inf to 20 is negligible... is it even 1M in all?

Rather than run the trials, I try to find contacts, missions and hunting grounds I have not previously worn out, and run the fun mission arcs when they come up. But then, I already said I "play for play's sake" and don't get much from even exemp'ed team play with a new alt, much less the high-XP trials.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

5 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Exactly. I keep a few 1M and 2M emails in the hopper for continuing SO builds and upgrades. And as you note, even full Inf to 20 is negligible... is it even 1M in all?

I am thinking its about 20% of that and that you get a chunk more from selling enhancements you've found along the way. But its been a while since I did the natural run up through those levels.

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

I am thinking its about 20% of that and that you get a chunk more from selling enhancements you've found along the way. But its been a while since I did the natural run up through those levels.

Yes, selling oranges is worth 1-2M. Which more than makes up for the loss of "wages."

I found I like my builds more by not suing it. If you play red side, it is vastly easier to grab the needed badges for the bank missions for the accolade. Yes, I know about the way to still get that accolade. I'm still getting it old school on a villain.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Just getting the Inner Inspiration p2w power (and selling or auctioning the insps)* can bankroll many of my alts to the point where I decide if they are fun enough to keep playing.

* Sometimes the inf gain for selling to a vendor or auctioning to the public can differ noticeably!

Edited by DoctorDitko
ocd

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)