Ouroboros oddness question

Snarky

I am on my "completionist" run.  Currently level 19.  I have done all Red 1-19 and am finishing Blue 1-19.  

In my mind I have never done Ouro on this toon, except to get the badge on the arch and use as a transfer point.  I would say I am 100% sure.  Only the Pilgrim is assuring me I have already joined Ouro.  He offers me no missions, and the Pillar is usable by me.  

One thing stands out.  I started this character "real world' in Breakout.  For the location badge, character concept, and nostalgia.  If I had done the Ouro Arc I would have done it Blueside.  For the Isolator badge.  I do not have the badge.  Nor do i have ANY credit towards it.  Not one contaminated.

I cannot figure out what has happened.  My theory is the new way of unlocking Ouro at level 1 threw off the Pilgrim somehow.  But it would seem this would be a known thing then?

My concern is about the Isolator badge mostly.  I thought you could redo the Pilgrim arc infinitely.  I am positive I have done it more than once on other characters.  Does this feature unlock at 25?   No way do I want to be hunting contaminated 1 every 45 minutes in RV   No F-ing way.  

The only thing to note is I did change from Tequila to HC Launcher a couple days ago so I could do the Beta content.  Other than that the comp is stable and only used for CoH.

Edited by Snarky

6 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

This was brought up before hope this thread helps.

This helps soothe my fears about the Isolator badge.  It does nothing to answer how this happens.  I would bet 50.00 I have never played the Ouro Arc on the character.  F-ing weird.

Also another great place to hunt Shivans.  Which is another thing I was looking forward to in the Ouro initiation.  clearing the city hall is a neat chunk of Man in Black, or at least progress...

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe the ouro crystal has contacts sorted by the max level the mission can be done at.  The pilgrim is in the lvl 50 section even though you can do his mission at much lower levels. And it is repeatable.  Did it a few days ago through the crystal and there were hundreds of infected in there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I believe the ouro crystal has contacts sorted by the max level the mission can be done at.  The pilgrim is in the lvl 50 section even though you can do his mission at much lower levels. And it is repeatable.  Did it a few days ago through the crystal and there were hundreds of infected in there.

yes, i immediately alted to a level 50 and checked that it was doable.  still flummoxed by the development.  These completionist runs are pissy.

• Haha 1

Not real sure I'm understanding your question, Snarky. 

You can go for the isolator badge at level 15, once ouro opens up (beyond just getting to Ouro at level 1). 

I don't think you'd need to re-do it infinitely. There are plenty of those "contaminated" in the map. And, while you're doing that, later in the arc, you'll have a good chance to take care of the Men in Black badge - for the Shivan defeats. 

Edited by Ukase

5 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Not real sure I'm understanding your question, Snarky. 

You can go for the isolator badge at level 15, once ouro opens up (beyond just getting to Ouro at level 1). 

It is an odd one.  I went to open Ouro.... and the guy said I already did it.  I am 99.99% sure I did not.  

The Pilgrim as a contact doesn’t open up until  level 25.  Seeing his No More Missions text is a bug, but I don’t know if he has a Prior to Introduction text.  The HC wiki says he does, but it’s a rather meta looking thing referencing a game variable, so it might be data mined/a beta placeholder.

4 minutes ago, Honorbridge said:

The Pilgrim as a contact doesn’t open up until  level 25.  Seeing his No More Missions text is a bug, but I don’t know if he has a Prior to Introduction text.  The HC wiki says he does, but it’s a rather meta looking thing referencing a game variable, so it might be data mined/a beta placeholder.

and yet I can use the Ouro pillar to do missions at level 19 as if I had ran the entire arc...

IIRC, when Ouro was originally introduced (Issue 13?), it was level locked at 15+.  As a result you needed to be 15+ to access the pillar(and still do, my 14 or lower toons get no options when they click on the base pillar).  For whatever reason, it seems that Pilgrim's arc is not available before 25.

As for why there is a 10 level gap between when you could visit Ouro and get "recruited", well that's one for the old Devs.

They changed a lot about how Ouroboros works during SCoRE or early Homecoming.

Currently, what I know:

Level 1 to access the Portal (I appreciate this change quite a bit).

Level 1 to cast the Portal (I also appreciate this change).

Level 14 minimum to start your own Flashback.

Level 1 minimum to join a Flashback, but that Flashback has to be for a Story Arc that is accessible to a Level 1.  (Replace "1" with any other number for the second clause.)

Level 25 to do Pilgrim.

Pilgrim can only have one Story Arc active at a time, so if you talk to Pilgrim while Redside and then switch Blueside, you actually have to go back Red and finish the entire Arc to do it Blueside.

1 hour ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Level 25 to do Pilgrim.

Pilgrim can only have one Story Arc active at a time, so if you talk to Pilgrim while Redside and then switch Blueside, you actually have to go back Red and finish the entire Arc to do it Blueside.

So at level 19 I can access the Ouro portal for Flashback.... But I cannot run Pilgrim's arc until 25?  If so I am in "proper" situation.  Just very confused.  I do not Ouro much (until recently)

Yup, that about sums it up.  Pilgrim is just a level 25 Contact who happens to have two arcs, one which is Villains-only and one which is Heroes-only.  

Using the Portal or the Flaming-Ice-dealies is now totally unrelated to Pilgrim (except for the Flaming-Ice-dealies which are just mission doors, which are the ones stationed next to the Contact NPCs).

• Thanks 1

Seems to me I once got " Trusted with the Secret " badge doing a level 15 or so mission, can't remember who the contact was but it involved a Gangster Boss who could, during the fight, Time Travel away from you and then come back to attack. It wasn't a contact I usually do or I would remember more, ring a bell?

Edit: I remembered wrong, I was level 20 when I got the badge not level 15, I just knew it was early and different.

Any mission from any contact as I understand it, that involves time travel, grants the Badge and Access.

The Arc I was thinking of was The Magic Man from Mercedes Sheldon, 20-25 normal, listed 25-29 in Ouro.

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X