Steel Canyon Fire event

Snarky

Been to a few of these today.  need 11 more F-ing fires out.  Place is swarmed today.  Luckily I made it onto a couple teams.

Teams who believe the event is about putting out the fire.  And they do so.  In about 4 minutes flat.  

GRRRRRRR   

I mean, great job heroes.  Schmucks.

• Haha 2

That is a world event problem.

I love the world events in GW2, but they have event chains.  And in some cases people need events to fail for a badge or they want events to fail because it leads to more events.  So you end up with people arguing over whether to succeed or fail.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

Been to a few of these today.  need 11 more F-ing fires out.  Place is swarmed today.  Luckily I made it onto a couple teams.

Teams who believe the event is about putting out the fire.  And they do so.  In about 4 minutes flat.  

GRRRRRRR   

I mean, great job heroes.  Schmucks.

Huh, the single time I ever did one of these, there was only two other people on it.  And I don't think I've ever passed one in progress and seen anyone doing it.  That one low level Mercy mission where you fire bomb a building is more fun anyway, badges not withstanding.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Huh, the single time I ever did one of these, there was only two other people on it.  And I don't think I've ever passed one in progress and seen anyone doing it.  That one low level Mercy mission where you fire bomb a building is more fun anyway, badges not withstanding.

I only started doing them a couple months ago on a few badgers.  Sometimes (50% ish) I am solo.  other times it is a madhouse.  When it is busy I get a team 85% time.  But some folks have msgs off, or are maybe kids, or w/e and do not team.  (or they have me on ignore lol) I did get the badge on this toon.  I have only chased it 4-5 times in my entire CoH career, all recently.  Been hanging with badgers.  it is a sick obsession.

• Like 1

When I'm trying for "Open World Badges (solo)", I usually try to do them during the Halloween event when players tend to congregate in Peregrine Island for ToT leagues. There are a handful of badges that are much easier to get during that time while players are button mashing in other zones. For example, capturing Spectral Pirates in Port Oakes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, srmalloy said:

Something I did the other day just to see if it would work. Which it does, but it has to be almost the most inefficient use of powers available: DP Blaster shooting Cryo ammo to put out a fire.

Faster than waiting on the backpack, though. Plus you can do AOEs.

Also nice with other ice and water powers. (I have an Ice/Ice sentinel who, canonically, prefers fire fighting - it's "cleaner" than some of the other 'hero' situations and she's had more than her share of fighting.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.