Modification suggestion for Lady Grey TF mission 4

Voltor

recently the Barracuda SF was upgraded so that the team lead gets the "Shut down Reichsman invincibility power", for which I thank the devs wholeheartedly for that.

Now for mission 4 of LGTF, perhaps we can borrow a note from the Kahn TF and have Lady Grey provide a temp power to all team members, 20 charges, that lets us knock out the shields on the green mitos so that they can be attacked. 

This doesn't change the greens, just makes it more efficient to form up and run the TF.

Thus eliminating the NEED for someone with hold powers. 

"Forming LGTF need someone with holds plz" is getting a bit old, imo. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

25 alts with all the badges!

I'm gonna have to pass on this.  All you need to do is bring along a dom or controller OR most other AT's will typically get access to a mez type of power/attack at a lower mag.  If you can't find one control character for your team composition have your attacks with controls baked in ready to spam on the greens.  

If anything this is a less intense introduction to the mechanics of Hamidon which introduces the gamer to the need for different things needing to be achieved.  

Edited by Mezmera

I'm torn on this, because you're not warned in advance by the game that you need a specific team composition/abilities for a certain part of the TF... OTOH, I was on an all-tanker hami raid and we pulled it off with temp powers and such. If you have everyone use P2W to change their starter prestige power to the Taser dart, you should get enough mag to break through the weakened mito's defenses. Slot "Chance to hold" procs in your powers. And while only available for a short time during the year, the Five Golden Rings temp power would also be very beneficial here. Also, you can use the Rikti to attack Hamidon and defeat the mitos. Just stand near the Rikti (in stealth obviously), fire a potshot at a yellow, it will shoot you and hit all of them, they'll agro onto hami and start killing the mitos. Circle around and keep doing this and they should clear most of the mitos for you.

But, adding an extinguishable "hold" power I don't think would be too awful. I'd probably either revoke it after the mission, or make it work like the Clockwork Immobilizer (in that in only works on Clockwork) and have it only work on Hamidon. But being able to save it and use it in other content would be too OP, so there's have to be a limit on it besides just number of charges.

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

I'm torn on this, because you're not warned in advance by the game that you need a specific team composition/abilities for a certain part of the TF... OTOH, I was on an all-tanker hami raid and we pulled it off with temp powers and such. If you have everyone use P2W to change their starter prestige power to the Taser dart, you should get enough mag to break through the weakened mito's defenses. Slot "Chance to hold" procs in your powers. And while only available for a short time during the year, the Five Golden Rings temp power would also be very beneficial here. Also, you can use the Rikti to attack Hamidon and defeat the mitos. Just stand near the Rikti (in stealth obviously), fire a potshot at a yellow, it will shoot you and hit all of them, they'll agro onto hami and start killing the mitos. Circle around and keep doing this and they should clear most of the mitos for you.

But, adding an extinguishable "hold" power I don't think would be too awful. I'd probably either revoke it after the mission, or make it work like the Clockwork Immobilizer (in that in only works on Clockwork) and have it only work on Hamidon. But being able to save it and use it in other content would be too OP, so there's have to be a limit on it besides just number of charges.

Oh definitely, it is only for the Hamidon mission and is removed after the TF ends

As to the taser dart, yeah that can work if everyone has it, but if you are doing an Mo run then temp powers are offline.  As to chance to hold in powers, sure but not everyone does that.

25 alts with all the badges!

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 hours ago, Voltor said:

As to the taser dart, yeah that can work if everyone has it, but if you are doing an Mo run then temp powers are offline. 

If you're doing a MO run and you don't know what the mechanics are, then perhaps you shouldn't be doing an MO run. The team leader, at least, should be familiar enough with the TF to make sure that the team can cover the requirements.

As for handing out mission-limited temp powers, there are already several contacts who hand out temp powers for specific missions -- the flashbang grenades you get in KR to use against the Skulls, or the EMP Glove and Wave Scrambler you are given to test against the Clockwork -- that are taken back when you turn in the mission. Those are given only to the mission holder, though, so without a code change, to be able to revoke the temp powers from the entire team, either only the leader would get it, or the temp power would need to be issued on a real-time expiration basis to keep it limited to the TF.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd rather the whole "hold green mitos to drop their resistance by 90%" (or whatever absurd number) gimmick is reworked.

But really, given that a solo character spamming a 16s recharge epic hold with 3 recharge / 3 hold and Hasten is juust enough, and that (I think?) every AT has access to it, I think the current state of things is OK if not ideal. Have two people make an alternate build, train to 50 in a couple minutes picking random stuff save for Hasten and a hold, buy 6 recharge SOs and 3 hold SOs, you're good to go.

12 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

This shit is getting old. Please stop.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller