I Am Now a "Worthy Opponent"

Aurora_Girl

20 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Why do I keep seeing Aeon SF included or mentioned as taking away Incarnates.  In general it does no such thing as far as I know.  Is it a particular setting while doing it?  Other?

I think the patch notes were a bit confusing for the average "reader" - simply because the average person doesn't really read, but skims through information. And doesn't necessarily retain what was skimmed over with accuracy. And, I am one of those average "readers" sometimes. 

I was very surprised to see Incarnate powers being allowed on the Aeon SF on the increased difficulty level. And fun fact: I think I need a new video card. Apparently, I can only see that gold beam above the brickernauts before they explode when I'm a safe distance away. If I'm in melee, I don't see any countdown numbers or a gold beam. But that's my problem. I play on the "recommended" setting, rather than ultra or Performance. Guess it's past time to upgrade...but prices being what they are, I'll have to suffer through it. Could be my eyes, tho...<shrug>

59 minutes ago, Luminara said:

@Aurora_Girl is an expert at taking dirt naps.  If there's a floor, she'll find a way to kiss it.  Frequently and with unholy glee.  It's part of her charm.

Can confirm. 

• Haha 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I can only see that gold beam above the brickernauts before they explode when I'm a safe distance away. If I'm in melee, I don't see any countdown numbers or a gold beam. But that's my problem. I play on the "recommended" setting, rather than ultra or Performance.

nay grasshopper.. visual warnings, clues or hints should be visible to all gfx settings. This would be considered a bug or oversight.

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Troo said:

nay grasshopper.. visual warnings, clues or hints should be visible to all gfx settings. This would be considered a bug or oversight.

I don't think it's a bug - as last night, on Discord, my teammates would say "you don't see that gold beam?" and "Bricker is counting down, back up". 

So I know they're visible to some - just not to me when I'm too close to the action. Pretty sure it's on my side of the keyboard, not a bug with the tf. Otherwise, they'd have fixed it or addressed it by now. 

9 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I don't think it's a bug - as last night, on Discord, my teammates would say "you don't see that gold beam?" and "Bricker is counting down, back up". 

So I know they're visible to some - just not to me when I'm too close to the action. Pretty sure it's on my side of the keyboard, not a bug with the tf. Otherwise, they'd have fixed it or addressed it by now. 

Have you tried zooming out?

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

25 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Have you tried zooming out?

I play zoomed out as far back as I can get. But there are some maps, or areas in some maps where if my character is against a wall, I'm limited to how far back I can be.