Pay inf to recharge a temp power

SuperPlyx

What are peoples opinion on being able to pay inf to recharge a temp power? 

You pick up various temp power as you do arcs. And since you have already done the arc, personally I would rather not do them again.

But some of temps are nice to have for a variety of reasons. 

And I know there is some that this could not apply to but a lot of them like  weapons and summons could.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I might have suggested in a previous thread to allow this by right clicking the temp power, with one of the options being to charge it. 

Charge it? When did CoX get credit cards?

😄

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Well, it wouldn't require creating anything new, as far as a system - you can buy more charges of P2W powers, after all, to have a jetpack for longer and so forth. Some temps are meant to disappear for story reasons, as well (think the various things you test against primal Clockwork, and I *believe* the Wheel of Destruction temps,) so those generally shouldn't be.

Going over them case by case, though? Sure. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to pick up more arrows for the bow and arrow temp power from Croatoa, for instance.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

3 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

Many temporary power rewards from story arcs are only meant to be gotten once. Things like wedding band would be pretty overpowered if you could infinitely pay to refund the available usage.

The wedding band can already be replaced. You just have to re-run Peeble's arc in Ouroboros.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I believe the replacement Bands are a weaker version.  I think.  Maybe.   . . . somebody once told me . . . 

ANYWAY!

I'm on board for this, but wouldn't mind seeing it maybe even get a -smidge- more complex than just a P2W Vendor.  Maybe the old Origin-stores and Quartmasters could each give refills of specific Temp Powers?

Like going to the electronic store in Blayde Square to refill your Electric Temp Powers.  Or head to one of the Natural-origin health-nut shops to get yourself a refill on rifle ammo (you may notice the store already carries an assortment of firearms next to the protein whey powder).

There's a lot of creative world-building that could be employed here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

I believe the replacement Bands are a weaker version.  I think.  Maybe.   . . . somebody once told me . . .

As I recall, the replacement has a shorter duration, but the last time I went diving through patch notes, the only documentation I found about "powers with reduced strength through flashback" were the Bees and Creeper from Vernon Von Grun and stuff like that, and it didn't offer a particularly detailed breakdown.

Well, like I said not all temp power would be rechargeable. Would need to set some guide lines to it.

As for the Wedding Band ,when you originally get it you can use it for 2 hours of use. But when you get it with flashback it is only 15 minutes of use. 

For the record I do not think wedding band should be included. Probably not any of the buff temps. Mostly weapons and summons 

On 12/6/2021 at 3:15 AM, DreadShinobi said:

I actually did not know this! I thought once it is gone it's gone. I've never gotten it more than once. Appreciate the correction @Major_Decoy

As far i know some of em are replaceable by running the mission that gives em again , but it was mentioned they havent the full power of the Original.

It is pretty much explained here: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Temporary_Powers

• This power can be earned any number of times through Flashback. Temporary powers denoted by this icon can be obtained an unlimited number of times via Ouroboros flashbacks, and remain for some time after the flashback is over.
  • This power can only be earned once at full strength; further earnings will be reduced in number of charges or strength. Temporary powers denoted by this icon can also be obtained via Ouroboros flashbacks. If the power has already been obtained once, however, a more limited version (an "echo") of the power is awarded instead.
  • This power can be lost when you return to the contact that bestowed it. Be careful, these powers can be lost when you speak to the contact from which you received them again. Even though they appear to have a certain number of uses remaining, the power will be lost and you cannot regain them.

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

I was talking on the forums with some people about attack powers for masterminds and was wishing I could have some sword power for undead. Sort of to match the knights.. Temp powers were mentioned. My similar concern was doing and then it going away eventually and then having to redo the run again. 
Plain and simple it a pain in the backside to keep redoing.

I side note I would like temp powers for everything. 

I would love to create a character around temp powers that scale up.

Temp sword attack, temp whip attack, temp gun attack, Temp rifle attack, Temp wand attack, Temp staff attack, 

This would also allow the Devs to see what players are creating as almost a live Proof Of Concept.  
This could lead to new AT or new Power sets.

Edited by plainguy
  • Like 1

That's kid of a potential powder keg, even though I totally agree that it would be awesome and I would enjoy it, @plainguy.

There are a lot of . . . let's call them "purists" around here.  The idea of a Temp Power being anything other than either garbage or really restricted offends their narrow concept of what City is.

And so to appeal to them, there would need to be -some- kind of trade off.  Whether it be an obscene Inf or Merit cost which only grindathons could pay for, or a prohibitively Dev-time-intensive new subsystem of a limited inventory of Temp Powers, or even some other options which just aren't dawning on me right now.

In short:  Great idea.  Probably the wrong audience here.

• Like 1