What might a task force look like for...?

Techwright

45 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Another Ms. Liberty TF (bear with me) where part way through we run into Ms. Liberty who wants to know what they hell we're at, since she didn't send us on a TF.  Oh, we're actually working for Dominatrix.  Facepalm.  Okaaay.

That's actually a neat idea, I feel like, though I don't think Dominatrix has the...discretion necessary to pull off such a ruse.

Maybe Chimera?  Manticore rubs everyone the wrong way anyway, so it probably wouldn't be difficult (and he's also one of the few Praetorian AVs who IIRC we never got the final fate of).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

No I figured it out: you were reacting to a typo in the OP. 

I used to think he was called Black Alley Brawler, my dyslexia was strong back in the early 2000's.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I would love to see a two part TF where once we get done with the first one we discover it was all a Nemesis plot and we were actually helping him. The second one is to fix the problems we caused in the first one.

It's called the Ourobouros and The Pandora's Box story arc... 😁

3 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

That's actually a neat idea, I feel like, though I don't think Dominatrix has the...discretion necessary to pull off such a ruse.

Maybe Chimera?  Manticore rubs everyone the wrong way anyway, so it probably wouldn't be difficult (and he's also one of the few Praetorian AVs who IIRC we never got the final fate of).

Oh Chimera is definitely dead. Neuron now we only get a hearsay report on his passing.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Your SG received a strange email in their request triage inbox. It doesn't look like an authorized sender, and only a few people have knowledge of this box. It is reserved to high priority help requests. Wait, in fact there is no sender at all.

Hey {playerName}, you might feel this doesn't concern you, but I assure you this matter is very important !

You might have heard of the Goldbrickers, tech robbers out in the Rogues Island.. In Cap au Diable.. No ? Read maybe ? High tech, very elusive.

Anyway, their influence was pretty local and they've mostly been dealing in data theft and candy so far, but it seems this isn't the case anymore.

I have it on good authority that they're staging an hostile takeover on Villa Requin in Sharkhead, to use it as operating base and raid the Sky Raiders. They've already started preparing their fleet for retaliation.

Now, you might be wondering, "Why do I care about random Villains transforming Mercy Island into an high tech aero-robo-naval battleground ?"

The Raiders don't know it yet, but Goldbrickers are after their teleportation devices knowledge and prototypes. They're up to something big. We need to find out what, and prevent whatever breakthrough they might be reaching toward, even if it means walking into this mess.

Radio might be too slow to understand, and Television too shortsighted to care, but trust me, i see the Connections. Ubiquitous teleportation would create pure chaos, no place would possibly be safe. And worse, people wouldn't need Internet anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, tidge said:

I feel like there are opportunities for some Blue Steel content. Ideally, he'd actually be the "big bad" of his own arc.

First off, Blue Steel is a wonderful pick.  I'm sorry I didn't think of it.

Second, you've given an idea:  a task force where the TF giver (in this example Blue Steel) is actually in hiding, being perceived as having unexpectedly turned rogue and done something awful, and needs the TF's help to clear his name.  Something ala Captain America and the Winter Soldier.  Blue Steel, as probably the most upstanding citizen, would be perfect for that.  In such a TF we'd have to face down signature heroes on the hunt as well as signature villains orchestrating the chaos.  Such a TF would actually make sense why a team cannot recruit: only a few can be trusted to not blow the hero's hiding place.

Edited by Techwright

Blast from the Past TF.

No, not ouro. Famous Heroes from the past plucked from their original eras before their death and plopped down in the present.  They think they're in some sort of alternate hell, we know they're not.  Can you face Atlas at the height of his power? Vambrace? The Monolith? Queen Comet?

"Statesman is dead? This version of reality needs cleaning up!"

• Like 3

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 12/13/2021 at 12:30 PM, Fira said:

Your SG received a strange email in their request triage inbox. It doesn't look like an authorized sender, and only a few people have knowledge of this box. It is reserved to high priority help requests. Wait, in fact there is no sender at all.

Hey {playerName}, you might feel this doesn't concern you, but I assure you this matter is very important !

You might have heard of the Goldbrickers, tech robbers out in the Rogues Island.. In Cap au Diable.. No ? Read maybe ? High tech, very elusive.

Anyway, their influence was pretty local and they've mostly been dealing in data theft and candy so far, but it seems this isn't the case anymore.

I have it on good authority that they're staging an hostile takeover on Villa Requin in Sharkhead, to use it as operating base and raid the Sky Raiders. They've already started preparing their fleet for retaliation.

Now, you might be wondering, "Why do I care about random Villains transforming Mercy Island into an high tech aero-robo-naval battleground ?"

The Raiders don't know it yet, but Goldbrickers are after their teleportation devices knowledge and prototypes. They're up to something big. We need to find out what, and prevent whatever breakthrough they might be reaching toward, even if it means walking into this mess.

Radio might be too slow to understand, and Television too shortsighted to care, but trust me, i see the Connections. Ubiquitous teleportation would create pure chaos, no place would possibly be safe. And worse, people wouldn't need Internet anymore.

Pretty good, but you should add memes into the dialogue. I know it will be hard since you can't use the pro gamer words.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:29 PM, LynxNordique said:

It's called the Ourobouros and The Pandora's Box story arc... 😁

On 12/13/2021 at 12:30 PM, LynxNordique said:

Sorry, double post

....or was it?  One can never tell when Ourobouros and time manipulation are in play.