Movement penalties for Rooted and Granite

Marva

I was looking at the Movement tab under Combat Attributes and noticed a few things.  I'm driving my Level 50 Stone/Stone Brute.

When I activate Granite all by itself with no other toggles running:

Running Speed shows red -10.02 mph (due to Granite)

Jumping Speed shows red -27.10 mph (due to Granite)

Max Jump Height shows blue 1.50 ft

When I activate Rooted all by itself with no other toggles running:

no changes (but we knew that)

When I activate Granite and Rooted together:

Running Speed shows red -10.02 mph (due to Granite)

Running Speed shows red -12.89 mph (due to Rooted)

Jumping Speed shows red -27.10 mph (due to Granite)

Jumping Speed shows green +7.16 mph (due to Rooted)

Max Jump Height shows blue 1.50 ft

So, when I run Rooted alone, no movement penalties.  When I run Granite alone, I get movement penalties.  When I run Granite with Rooted, I get additional movement penalties.  Do we know if this is intentional?  If we get to not have the movement penalties due to Rooted with all of the other toggles, shouldn't we also get no movement penalties due to Rooted while using Granite?  Or is there some underlying premise here that I've missed?

17 minutes ago, Marva said:

So, when I run Rooted alone, no movement penalties.  When I run Granite alone, I get movement penalties.  When I run Granite with Rooted, I get additional movement penalties.  Do we know if this is intentional?  If we get to not have the movement penalties due to Rooted with all of the other toggles, shouldn't we also get no movement penalties due to Rooted while using Granite?  Or is there some underlying premise here that I've missed?

My understanding, and someone else should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, is that it is intentional that Rooted still gives additional penalties with Granite because it is the only toggle you get that still works at all with Granite.

Yes, this behavior is intentional. Rooted was changed during the Stone Armor overhaul as part of an effort to make the set not totally suck until you get Granite. At this point you basically have two options - run non-Granite and potentially be a bit squishier but get some cool side bonuses, or run Granite and be tankier but lose those bonuses. The only benefit Rooted gives you that Granite doesn't by itself is a small regeneration bonus, so there's really not much reason at all to run Rooted and Granite at the same time. If you want to stack that extra mez protection and get the regeneration bonus, you get to deal with even slower movement speed.

I don't know how long OP has been playing but from a historical standpoint Rooted slowed you to a crawl whenever it was active before the recent updates.

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

I believe Rooted was changed in Page 2 when travel powers for overhauled. It was made to allow no movement penalties unless granite was active.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn