Superhuman Assault (Super Strength port for Dominators idea)

Back on LIVE, I and other players were discussing how we would love to see super strength ported over to Dominators because there are so many super strength comic characters that could actually use their might to subdue the world physically if they wanted, such characters as Superman, world breaker hulk, black adam, etc. not just because their super strong, but they have other abilities that allow them to devastate the world. So, I decided to concoct this powerset for super strength lovers like myself.

So, please, be gentle this is my first time 🤣😅. I would love some constructive criticism and will change this set around just to see it in-game. I don't mind any GM taking a crack at this I don't need recognition I'm a team player it's ALL YOURS. I took super strength and re-arranged some of the powers to fit the dominator leveling progression and I added a few new ones of my flavor. if you have a better power suggestion I will 99.9% reconsider just to bring this wonderful Idea to HC City of Heroes. All I'm asking is to have an open mind and a tangible argument of why this shouldn't be in-game as a dominator secondary. I know, I know, most super strength characters have durability, and yes, that is correct, although, there are many comic toons that were super-strong, but didn't have great durability they were really strong. Don't let me get started on Manga/Anime 😂, so I hope you like and leave your feedback down below, so we can get this powerset right if I oof-ed.

Superhuman Assault (Revised Set) 

You are endowed with immense super strength that enables you to toss heavy objects, your very footsteps cause the earth to move. you have the might to devastate the battlefield with physical prowess alone.

Hurl - You are able to tear up a chunk of ground beneath your feet and Hurl it at an enemy. This attack deals moderate damage and can knock foes back and even drop them out of the air if they are flying. Ranged, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback, -Fly

Haymaker - A slow but devastating attack, the Haymaker has a great chance of knocking your opponents down. Melee, High DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback 

Foot Stomp - Using your superior leg strength, you can Stomp your foot to the ground, quaking the earth itself excavating it, and tossing your enemies in the air. This is a localized attack against everything in the melee range. PBAoE, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Knockup

Superior Punch - Your punches create sonic booms that deal a High amount of damage, but most of all can knock several opponents off their feet in a cone radius, unable to attack again until they stand up. Melee (Cone), High DMG(Smash) Foe Knockdown

OR

(Alternative 4th power if Superior Punch is not Favored) Excavating Toss - you fling a huge boulder at your enemy with one arm  crushes them where they stand holding them in place. Ranged (Location AoE), High DMG(Smash), Foe Hold

(Another Alternative 4th power) Mighty Throw - you fling a random heavy Object at your enemy with one arm crushing them where they stand and holding them in place. Ranged (Location AoE), High DMG(Smash), Foe Hold (NOTE: I would love for this ability to  throw a random HEAVY object like Propel from the Gravity Control power set)

Unbridled Brawn - your Super Strength melee strike emites thunderous waves for both normal and power pool attacks such as Brawl, Boxing, Kick, Jump Kick, Flurry, Cross Punch changing they're low disorient,  knockdown chance to a high chance for knockdown also increasing your damage and chance to hit dramatically for all your other powers.
Self +DMG +To-Hit (Special), Melee, High DMG(Smash, Special), Foe Knockdown, Disorient (NOTE:  this power takes your normal level 1 brawl power, and any melee power pool attack and turning them into Jab or Punch from SS powerset with the sound effects to differentiate that there was a change when triggered, also acting as a Rage ability without the massive penalty, but with a cooler name and a special effect🤣)

Knockout Blow - You can perform a Knockout Blow on your opponent. This punch does Superior damage and has a great chance of Holding your target. Melee, Extreme DMG(Smash), Foe Hold

Display of Might - you showcase your strength with a destructive hammer fist that shatters the terrain making it extremely difficult for your enemies to traverse below sending massive waves of tremors knocking them down. Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate (Smash), Foe Immobilize, -SPD

Cataclysmic Steps -  by unleashing your unrelenting rage with every step you make the very earth shakes violently, your foes stumble to stay up, as the earth release deadly gases as a result of your forward movement Toggle: PBAoE, High DoT(Smash/Toxic), Foe Knockdown, 

Superior Hand Clap - You can clap your hands together with such force that you create a deafening shockwave causing their equilibrium to be off-balance and cause severe brain trauma from their heads rattling against their skulls. a  chance of disorient due to the shock to the inner ear which is now bleeding  Close (Cone), Superior DMG(Smash/Psionic), Foe Disorient,  Knockback

Superhuman Assault (Original Set)

You are endowed with immense super strength that enables you to toss heavy objects with your mighty lungs you can create super gale-force winds as you jaunt past enemies at supersonic speeds to devastate the battlefield with physical prowess alone.

Hurl - You are able to tear up a chunk of ground beneath your feet and Hurl it at an enemy. This attack deals moderate damage and can knock foes back and even drop them out of the air if they are flying. Ranged, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback, -Fly

Haymaker - A slow but devastating attack, the Haymaker has a great chance of knocking your opponents down. Melee, High DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback 

Foot Stomp - Using your superior leg strength, you can Stomp your foot to the ground, quaking the earth itself. This is a localized attack against everything in the melee range. PBAoE Melee, Moderate DMG(Smash), Foe Knockback

Lungs of Gale Force - this power enables your breath to produce high-speed hurricane-force winds pushing enemies back in a wide cone that kicks up debris, trash, rubble, sand, etc. ripping and slashing at them causing lethal (dot) and can be used to reduce all fire damage status effects on allies while affecting enemies close and long-ranged accuracy, movement, and flight speed. Ranged (Cone), High DoT(Lethal), Foe -Speed, -Perception, -Fly, - Foe To Hit Foe Repel, +Res (Fire, Ally)

Unbridled Brawn - your super strength melee strikes cause thunderous booms for both normal and power pool attacks such as Brawl, Boxing, Kick, Jump Kick, Flurry, Cross Punch changing their low disorient, knockback, knockdown chance to a high chance for knockback, knockdown also increasing your damage and chance to hit dramatically for all your other powers.
Self +DMG +To-Hit (Special), Melee, High DMG(Smash, Special), Foe Knockdown, Foe Knockback, Disorient (NOTE:  this power takes your normal level 1 brawl power, and any melee power pool attack and turning them into Jab or Punch from SS powerset with the sound effects to differentiate that there was a change when triggered, also acting as a Rage ability without the massive penalty, but with a cooler name and a special effect🤣)

Mach Strike - you perceive time at hypersonic speed, raindrops, seemed to have stopped in midair. A bolt of lightning resembles a squirming worm, as you wisp past your foes who seem to be frozen in place unable to react to your attack, in the process, you gain a burst of speed becoming much harder to hit; Target's speed and accuracy have been reduced as well for a short while. Location AoE High DMG (Smash), Self Teleport, Foe –Rech, - Move, Special (NOTE: similar to Burst of Speed with a Jaunt animation perhaps)

Knockout Blow - You can perform a Knockout Blow on your opponent. This punch does Superior damage and has a great chance of Holding your target. Melee, Extreme DMG(Smash), Foe Hold

Hand Clap - You can clap your hands together with such force that you create a deafening shockwave. This shockwave can knock back nearby foes, and they have a chance to become Disoriented due to the shock to the inner ear. Hand Clap deals no damage. PBAoE, Foe Disorient, Knockback

Hyperion Smash -  by unleashing your Herculean strength into a single blow while leaping into the air you come crashing down striking the earth beneath you, causing seismic tremors and superior knockup damage. PBAoE Melee, Superior DMG(Smash), Foe Knockup 

Edited by MIGHTYMOUSE1981
  • Like 3

Stronger looking Female Aesthetic and stance {Let's make this happen}

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33605-superhuman-assault-super-strength-port-for-dominators-idea/

Hmm.

Concept-wise, having a ss-assault secondary ... sure, might be interesting.

My "I should be in bed" brain feels like this is kind of ... jumbled. Can't really put my finger on what right now, though. I don't think the KB's a problem - after all, (a) it's a useful tool and (b) as an assault secondary, it's on a dom, and *most* control sets (though not all) have a degree of anti-KB rooting in them. Working better with some, but not others, well... it wouldn't be the first set that likes some primaries more than others.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

15 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Hmm.

Concept-wise, having a ss-assault secondary ... sure, might be interesting.

My "I should be in bed" brain feels like this is kind of ... jumbled. Can't really put my finger on what right now, though. I don't think the KB's a problem - after all, (a) it's a useful tool and (b) as an assault secondary, it's on a dom, and *most* control sets (though not all) have a degree of anti-KB rooting in them. Working better with some, but not others, well... it wouldn't be the first set that likes some primaries more than others.

by all means, when you are well-rested please give me your critique.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33605-superhuman-assault-super-strength-port-for-dominators-idea/

Me personally, I think too many sets have been ported already. The sets have lost their uniqueness to the AT's they were originally assigned.  However, porting everything seems to be the thing these days, so why not. The unique feeling of sets (outside of Illusions) is pretty much gone anyway, might as well finish it off.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its an interesting take on a super strength rework but it doesnt look like an assault set.  3 PBAoE and 1 teleport AoE,  then a cone attack, *1 ranged attack*, a self buff and 2 punches.  Although i admit that hand clap needs procs to do damage.

I would expect something more along the lines of 1 PBAoE,  1 ranged/targeted AoE,  2 melee, 3 ranged, a buff and probably hand clap for a second PBAoE.  Maybe make a ranged power into a cone but a dominator set with only 1 single target ranged power seems very lopsided.  As is,  this is pretty much an AoE heavy melee set.  It still looks pretty good as a power set but i think it needs some adjustments if its intended to end up on dominators.

Power lungs is too busy on effects for me,  i would recommend a forward hand clap/shockwave for a damaging cone and remove some of the debuffs and ally fire resistance.  Or try to convince the devs to do a foot stomp that pops a rock in front of your character that you punch and it shatters into rock shards for a cone attack.  Although the former could be used while in the air and the latter could not.

As i said,  i like the idea but it feels like a brute should have it instead of a dominator.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheZag said:

Its an interesting take on a super strength rework but it doesnt look like an assault set.  3 PBAoE and 1 teleport AoE,  then a cone attack, *1 ranged attack*, a self buff and 2 punches.  Although i admit that hand clap needs procs to do damage.

I would expect something more along the lines of 1 PBAoE,  1 ranged/targeted AoE,  2 melee, 3 ranged, a buff and probably hand clap for a second PBAoE.  Maybe make a ranged power into a cone but a dominator set with only 1 single target ranged power seems very lopsided.  As is,  this is pretty much an AoE heavy melee set.  It still looks pretty good as a power set but i think it needs some adjustments if its intended to end up on dominators.

Power lungs is too busy on effects for me,  i would recommend a forward hand clap/shockwave for a damaging cone and remove some of the debuffs and ally fire resistance.  Or try to convince the devs to do a foot stomp that pops a rock in front of your character that you punch and it shatters into rock shards for a cone attack.  Although the former could be used while in the air and the latter could not.

As i said,  i like the idea but it feels like a brute should have it instead of a dominator.

Thanks for the feedback will be taking a look at this ASAP , i can do 2 range I saw earth assault has them, 

Edited by MIGHTYMOUSE1981

3 hours ago, MIGHTYMOUSE1981 said:

Thanks for the feedback will be taking a look at this ASAP , i can do 2 range I saw earth assault has them, 

If you plan to edit your original post be sure and keep the original set also so others can give feedback as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheZag said:

If you plan to edit your original post be sure and keep the original set also so others can give feedback as well.

I'm so glad I was working on this when I saw your message to keep the original, pheeeeew!