?/Ice

Duck-Smokes-Quack

/Ice seems really interesting on scrappers, i have to try it (shame it doesnt get a taunt aura but oh well)

What primary to pair? Anything have any particularly strong syngeries?

• Dark Melee: Classic to pair with defense set -tohit, double end management powers + heal
  • Claws: Never tried it ... everyone always says its amazing
  • other?

Proabky leaning towards Claws/Ice unless theres a really strong primary ive overlooked

My Claws/Ice scrapper is my favorite scrapper right now.  Icy Bastion can help out when defense fail.  Add in Rune of Protection if that's your flavor and go to town. 

It does take a fair amount of investment if you want to push multiple damage types close to soft cap levels. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

If you do Spines/Ice you get double damage auras and stacking slow effects.  And you can make the Spines look like ice.

My other favorite was Dark Melee / Ice. You can skip Dark Consumption because Energy Absorption is better: boosts your defense and recharges much quicker.

Claws is just a good set overall if you like it.

+1 for Spines/Ice.  Extra damage aura through Quills and Icicles and Spine attacks have slow effects that synergize well with Chilling Embrace.  Spines animations are kind of lame though; Spine Burst, Impale and Ripper take days to fire off and can get annoying at times.

I would say maybe not try Axe/Ice though.  I built one for a name concept alone and it feels like such a slog playing him.  Axe attacks are just way too damn slow for their own good, which sucks because Axe criticals are absolutely devastating; critting with Cleave is stupid strong.

Other ideas:

Rad gives another damage aura like Spines.  Attacks are overall slow but Rad's splash damage mechanic makes up for it at times.

Dark synergizes with Ice's defense based protections by adding some -ToHit to all your punches.  Reundant end draining attack however, but hey free power skip!

Ice, more stacking slows.

Claws, solid set overall that generally works with everything.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I have an ice/spines tank and it is a lot of fun, because of the reasons above. Heard the scrap t9 is better on a scrapper than tank. I have glacier on the tank but I’m unsure if I’ve ever actually had to use it.  I have a spines/bio and having two damage auras is sweet. 

16 hours ago, Thrax said:

Heard the scrap t9 is better on a scrapper than tank.

The Scrapper/Stalker T9 on Ice is a 15 30 second panic/alpha button.  It provides a sharp boost to recovery and resistance to everything but psi during that period, letting you shrug off a ton of damage on the spot.  Regen and the new Scrapper/Stalker Stone have a similar power for their T9s.

Bonus points, Scrappers and Stalkers can still take Hibernate anyway if they invest in Leviathan Mastery, which I personally did because Water Spout kicks ass.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

13 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

The Scrapper/Stalker T9 on Ice is a 15 second panic/alpha button.  It provides a sharp boost to recovery and resistance to everything but psi during that period, letting you shrug off a ton of damage on the spot.  Regen and the new Scrapper/Stalker Stone have a similar power for their T9s.

Bonus points, Scrappers and Stalkers can still take Hibernate anyway if they invest in Leviathan Mastery, which I personally did because Water Spout kicks ass.

It's actually 30 seconds and has +regen too, just fyi. It is probably the best t9 around, barring maybe light form.