Your most perfect builds

Onlyasandwich

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Your emp is looking very clean! Some decent damage squeezed in while maintaining good resists and ranged softcap.

Looking at the others, I'm seeing a pattern in these same priorities as well. : )

Is the Rad/AR just pointed thematically towards flame? The lack of M30, Buckshot, or even Ignite seems like it would make aoe time a bit rough. We all have our own priorities of course, and it is still well put together.

I must admit though, the lack of Fearsome Stare in your Dark/ is raising my eyebrows! What is your typical opening combo this this character? 

Cheers 🙂 

Yes there is a theme I guess, I like to bring a lot of support to groups but still be able to solo fine. I like my characters to be quite battle hardened and tough, and I love giving out the leadership bonuses (plus the numbers are so high for Defenders!).

With my Empath there is a slot free which could be used for clear mind/vengeance/victory rush. He is actually very powerful with the psi nuke - massive damage and  great stun.

On my Dark/Dark I think I start by running into the middle of a group and hitting the PBAoE stun. Followed by Soul Drain for the +damage buff (has a tiny radius unfortunately). Quite a lot of his powers are PBAoE, such as Soul Absorption, which caps his regen and recovery. 
I don’t really notice the lack of Fearsome Stare, as he has so much -hit from other sources. He’s a great character and very versatile. The only thing that is a bit naff is the cone immobilise - it doesn’t synergise with the rest of his powers and the effect can be hard to keep track of on enemies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I forgot to say that yes, my Rad/AR is thematically a radioactive flamethrower guy (with snipe and full auto thrown in). He uses the classic AR gun as it has a great flamethrower type canister underneath.

I did play with him having Ignite but the activation time was so bad that is wasn’t fun. I might look at it again as I think they’ve changed it

Both Defender builds lean on Char/Dominate to really excel.

As Mind Control is one of my old favourites, I like how Psychic Blast with the Psychic APP plays on a Defender, with a mixture of great attacks and some light control. I actually prefer this to the Dominator play style.

Empathy was pure theme but there are better primaries that could make him much more powerful.

• Thumbs Up 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

1 minute ago, Peacemoon said:

Quite a lot of his powers are PBAoE

That makes sense! In this case, it sounds like using a cone just doesn't align with easy use for your other powers.

It's worth noting that Fearsome provides similar -tohit numbers to Darkest Night for a much more manageable endurance cost over time, and more controlled application as you aren't tied to following the anchor. If you haven't played with it, you might consider swapping to see how you like it. You can also drop a couple procs into it to give some reliable punch to your opening salvo. I can definitely understand just wanting to pow pow pow without having to hop back and forth though.

• Like 1

Yeah it’s a bit of a funny one. Dark/Dark is great but there is a constant battle between wanting to be close and wanting to use cones. I think with other secondaries I might use it more. In truth I haven’t experimented much with that character for quite a while!

• Thumbs Up 1

Retired, October 2022.

I wouldn't say it's perfect, but if I'm in a team and don't feel like tanking, I'll bring this Blaster.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

fox: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Assault Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Tactical Arrow
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Slug -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Apc-Dmg(3), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Acc/Rchg(15), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 1: Electrified Net Arrow -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Buckshot -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(17), Artl-Acc/Dam(19), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21)
Level 4: Glue Arrow -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(5), PstBls-Dam%(5), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(7), ImpSwf-Dam%(7), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- Dcm-Build%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(9), GldNet-Dam%(11), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(11), ImpSwf-Dam%(13), NrnSht-Dam%(13)
Level 8: M30 Grenade -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(23), Artl-Acc/Dam(23), Artl-Dam/End(25), Artl-Dam/Rech(25), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(27)
Level 10: Upshot -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 12: Sniper Rifle -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(33), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SphIns-%ToHit(36), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(50)
Level 18: Flamethrower -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(34), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(34), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(36), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(36)
Level 20: Eagle Eye -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(42), Prv-Absorb%(42), Prv-Heal(43), Mrc-Rcvry+(43), Mrc-Heal(43)
Level 22: Infiltration -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Ignite -- RechRdx-I(A), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46)
Level 28: Gymnastics -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 32: Full Auto -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Rgn-Dmg(37), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 35: ESD Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), ShlWal-Def(39)
Level 41: Oil Slick Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(45), RedFrt-Def(45), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Burst -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(48), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(48), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(31), PwrTrns-+Heal(37)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Total Radial Invocation 
------------

/TA just compliments everything AR does really well. Huge AoE damage. Proc-bombing Ice Arrow makes up for it's somewhat lackluster ST damage. With no melee powers (also something I normally don't find fun), you really can just hang back and hail mary everything in front of you. Survivability is great too. Whatever damage does end up glancing you gets healed up passively pretty quickly.

Also EX's extremely well and isn't too shabby at soloing, but thrives with a teammate that can soak aggro.

• Like 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

1 hour ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I wouldn't say it's perfect, but if I'm in a team and don't feel like tanking, I'll bring this Blaster.

Looks like a bit of proccy fun! I love both of these sets, and really enjoy ramboing it out on my own AR/Tac. Glue Arrow especially is a surprise all-star when procced out.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I sacrificed perma PA by 6 seconds 😞

Spoiler

Level 50 Science Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Cold Domination
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Spectral Wounds -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 1: Infrigidate -- Acc-I(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(15), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(23), TchofLadG-%Dam(29)
Level 2: Blind -- HO:Nucle(A), GldJvl-Dam%(13), NrnSht-Dam%(27), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), UnbCns-Dam%(29)
Level 4: Ice Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36)
Level 6: Deceive -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(7), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(7), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(9), CrcPrs-Conf%(11)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Glacial Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Group Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 16: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(31), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(31), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34), SlbAll-Build%(46)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(23), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(42), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(43), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(43)
Level 28: Benumb -- Acc-I(A)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(34)
Level 35: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: Heat Loss -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39), Acc-I(40)
Level 41: Cross Punch -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-%Dam(46), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Mental Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(47), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dam%(48), Dcm-Build%(50)
Level 49: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(49), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(49), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 3/16/2022 at 6:07 PM, kiramon said:

I sacrificed perma PA by 6 seconds 😞

Close enough, I say. 😄

Nice build, @kiramon! Self-softcapping Melee and Ranged is a great achievement here. Who needs Flash when PA is there to tank all day? Great job! You have enough durability to mix it up in melee with your Cross punch. 

Here is a build I have been polishing over the past few days, and am very proud of. Granted it involves Time Manipulation, so it's sort of cheating. 😉 

Highlights of this Time/Water Defender build:

• The standard Power Boost+ Farsight combo of course brings me to above defense softcap vs all. Not hard to do!
  • Capped S/L resist - also not hard to do on a Defender. However, managed to squeeze in a meaningful amount of F/C/N/T as well.
  • Only ~ 1 second shy of perma chrono shift. 
  • Max tohit chance with everything against +4's.
  • Super duper proccy focus. Look at that Steam Spray go! Time allows you to go wild here without losing anything, and I feel I have pushed the boundaries as far as they will go in this context.
  • Speaking of procs, proccy Time Stop does a great job of bridging Water Blast's somewhat lackluster single target chain.
  • 95% slow resist.
  • Didn't have to skip any powers I might conceivably desire, other than a travel power. You could always swap Combat Teleport out if you want one, but I love CT for builds with cones that want to be in melee.

The only thing I don't super like is that I muled out Kick to get there. However, this ended up being the best choice vs other options available, enabling me to proc Steam Spray more than if I had incorporated a Winter Set there. In an absolutely perfect world, every IO not only provides a set bonus, but is useful in the power itself.

I keep looking at Time's Juncture for good sets and slotting opportunities, but really the HO does 90% of the job with no slots invested, and the bonuses from tohit sets are not amazing for my purposes.

Normally I'd try to squeeze in the Bastion ATO proc for extra healing, but it isn't really needed with all of Time's tools.

Build:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Secondary Power Set: Water Blast
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(13), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(46)
Level 2: Time's Juncture -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 4: Water Burst -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(5), PstBls-Dam%(7), ImpSwf-Dam%(7), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(43)
Level 6: Temporal Selection -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Distortion Field -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(9), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(9), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(15), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(43)
Level 10: Whirlpool -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Bmbdmt-Dam(11), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(17), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(19), ShlWal-Def(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36)
Level 20: Dehydrate -- HO:Nucle(A), GldJvl-Dam%(21), TchoftheN-%Dam(21), ImpSwf-Dam%(37), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(40)
Level 22: Time Stop -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(23), GldNet-Dam%(23), NrnSht-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(25), UnbCns-Dam%(37)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A), ShlBrk-%Dam(27), TchofLadG-%Dam(27), AchHee-ResDeb%(34)
Level 28: Water Jet -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(29), Apc-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(31)
Level 30: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A)
Level 32: Chrono Shift -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(33), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(33), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(33), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(34), DS:DSyncHealRech(34)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-ResDam%(45)
Level 38: Geyser -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-ResDam(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), StdPrt-ResKB(50)
Level 44: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Steam Spray -- Rgn-Dmg(A), JvlVll-Dam%(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), ShlBrk-%Dam(50), TchofLadG-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Combat Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich
Added more perfection. : )
  • Like 1

My favourite build is my DP/Kin, which I freely admit I robbed initially off Frostweaver and Darkir and then refined / tried 3 or 4 variants of. It's not even that expensive really, 5 Winters and 1 Purple. 

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Bullitt Time: Level 50 Technology Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Pistols -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Transfusion -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), NmnCnv-Heal(9), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(9), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(11), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Empty Clips -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Siphon Power -- Acc-I(A)
Level 6: Swap Ammo 
Level 8: Bullet Rain -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(17), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(19)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), DefBuff-I(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(31)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), DefBuff-I(33)
Level 24: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 26: Piercing Rounds -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37)
Level 28: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(42), Arm-Dam%(42)
Level 35: Transference -- Acc-I(A)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(43), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(48), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Clarion Total Core Invocation 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 6: Chemical Ammunition 
Level 6: Cryo Ammunition 
Level 6: Incendiary Ammunition 
------------

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Carnifax said:

My favourite build is my DP/Kin, which I freely admit I robbed initially off Frostweaver and Darkir and then refined / tried 3 or 4 variants of. It's not even that expensive really, 5 Winters and 1 Purple. 

Why not steal and improve where you can, after all? 😄

Looks like a very speedy build, highly suitable to the spirit of Kin. I love how many FFbacks you can keep rolling in DP.

How do you find ST damage here? On my own DP characters, I really lean on procced out Suppressive Fire to make up for the lack of a Snipe. Are Soul Drain and Dark Consumption here mostly as mules? I would think the extra end and +damage would be largely redundant on a Kin.

• Like 1

Not pure mules, I use both when they're up. Soul ensures dam stays topped up, because you can't rely on capped fulcs all the time with spawn spreads or simply the speed of the folk I run TFs with.

And even then Soul with fully capped dam is nice damage and I'll be in at PBAoE range anyway, followed by bullet rain.

Dark consumption was an alternative to 6 slotted Cross Punch or Boxing which is what others were doing (6 slotted Cross punch and 4 slotted boxing for melee bonuses, Dark Consumption & Increased Density seemed like better alternatives). Dark is a long recharge but the forced feedback spam helps. Generally I use it if I'm in close and Hail / Soul aren't up yet.

ST damage will never be Fire / Ice levels but it's still fine. One reason I took the first blast rather than the second is as a quick animating scourge-finisher for bosses etc.

Honestly single target DPS is the scrapper / stalkers job for me. I'll just be beside ye capping your damage for the big orange number, safe in my capped positionals + resists + heals.

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 2

No build to post, but boy do I know the feeling. 

Just this morning I updated my seismic/martial blaster build to give it significant status effect protection improvement at the cost of a little bit of run speed.  Test drove it against 4x8 carnies who had been kicking my butt with stacked holds.  The results were surprisingly positive.  I honestly thought this build was finished, but once again I surprised myself with an entirely new approach that worked remarkably well with no real downside.

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

I surprised myself with an entirely new approach that worked remarkably well with no real downside.

I love revisiting old builds for this very reason. Fresh eyes come with fresh ideas! Sometimes the change is minimal, but there are those special eureka moments where you scramble the whole thing and come out twice as strong for it.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 12:58 PM, Onlyasandwich said:

I love revisiting old builds for this very reason. Fresh eyes come with fresh ideas! Sometimes the change is minimal, but there are those special eureka moments where you scramble the whole thing and come out twice as strong for it.

I look at mine and I'm like what the heck was I on

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 1:12 AM, Carnifax said:

Hide contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Bullitt Time: Level 50 Technology Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Pistols -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Transfusion -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), NmnCnv-Heal(9), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(9), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(11), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Empty Clips -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Siphon Power -- Acc-I(A)
Level 6: Swap Ammo 
Level 8: Bullet Rain -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(17), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(19)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), DefBuff-I(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(31)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), DefBuff-I(33)
Level 24: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 26: Piercing Rounds -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37)
Level 28: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(42), Arm-Dam%(42)
Level 35: Transference -- Acc-I(A)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(43), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(48), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Clarion Total Core Invocation 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 6: Chemical Ammunition 
Level 6: Cryo Ammunition 
Level 6: Incendiary Ammunition 
------------

This combo seems like it a ton of busy fun haha

• 1 month later

Sorry to semi-necro.  Been playing since 2004, this is far and away the most complete and fun toon I've made.  Can do everything well.  Excels at teaming with lower levels and helping them be useful, but also helps make incarnate teams even more OP.  Can solo with ease.  Plus, DP is the coolest looking powerset.  😉

It's all based on shenanigans enabled by the Farsight/PB combo.

https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=1450&c=718&a=1436&f=HEX&dc=78DA5D93CB4F135114C6EFB45390164ACB1B5BA82DA54081CAF0889A68345288281814E3B619610A938C9DA6D31AF07F70ED565918D7BEB79AB8322E35F1153571E103D4851B16A61EE63B578B93CCFCE69E73CF39DFB98F85F56C633E3F7B4228C1694B779C5CD6C81B8515A3E45BD057CD65B1FBD4D31B93F6DCC94A3E9FB9605E36720B7AC12C562CBD6CDA85E85FFF79BDB06AAC64B215DDCA2D9A4ED9B61C1158B46D2B336B99AB6BE566F77FDED069B2B36616FDEE78A968182B61F777AE70C574CC4BA66596372233457339336D974A9562D92EE596EC8A45759DB251DAE82259497A5FB4D1477195567DE2B357084D159E2FCCAFA0FA8DB905D66D835AA836784C857302DC37C51CC164FF738FCB913A1AF7A8E225555638582871E13A2728A35766F43E8231944086168F0F0C826D9CB1ED96E2666CA0B5F671B0C7D7AEB8CE8E3308EEF82DDC492D34A95E96ADE7B29354B6818DD557242C2030500359D4E83AC59C01F7CF3167C100A56D92699B5A20708AD236CB6E9A597594D546B9BB5EEEAE97BBEBDDA08CADAA784D32C21CEC0D4F1154AF38F03FB9CB27698A61CDA2958D61D2D4CE19947636C643602B393BA5B373135D8CDE06DF50ED6E76AADDBCCCF1A7CCC710A83DC358E30D3D44DD4664B711DEF53E0D93FAB8FB3EEE3EC94993DC6D82E4F448393DC3589A24F32DC9894939B1253490DAC1F94A5D43A6D416C6DA39F80F939C849493B80339E9BBCC7BE0C87DE60370F421788482FB6570FF24320F68CC71E631541E3A8EA021EE719D868372E706C7D9D989C6D33B5CE917F8A9518861797086F93C5E255F4666C8BCF7B89107DF313F303F824DB4746372EFC7789BCFAA423ED56A54FD774F69A1A0DA3F00360E3287C0601A9CAF09A24B09E3A22A6DBB97B64A8FD8F6D7CE6BC0B9FCBEC71884F1478DD123E2E83F78118243A78903AAF8B927F23ACA1EA5B3ADC9FB79238C32EEE066ED60335C738D4507DD48E9F903F8E2C8DB

Edited by Tankshock

My Ill/Cold is my most tested and by far most powerful build. The only thing that ever slows it down are multiple AVs or multiple groups aggro'd. 

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Cold Domination
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Spectral Wounds -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dam%(7), Apc-Dmg(11), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Rchg(15)
Level 1: Infrigidate -- Acc-I(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(15), TchofLadG-%Dam(17), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(17), ShlBrk-%Dam(25), ImpSwf-Dam%(39)
Level 2: Deceive -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(3), CrcPrs-Conf(3), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(5), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(5), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Ice Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Snow Storm -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), BlsoftheZ-Travel(9), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(11)
Level 10: Glacial Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Boxing -- AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(40), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(43), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(46), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 16: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(19), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SlbAll-Build%(37)
Level 20: Arctic Fog -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(27), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(29), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(31)
Level 28: Benumb -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(31), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 30: Blind -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(40), CaloftheS-Heal%(40), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(43), HO:Nucle(45), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Sleet -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(36), Artl-Acc/Dam(36), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37)
Level 38: Heat Loss -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(39), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Mental Blast -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Psionic Tornado -- HO:Nucle(A), PstBls-Dam%(48), JvlVll-Dam%(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48), ExpStr-Dam%(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 49: Indomitable Will -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany