Nerd Humour / Memes Thread

ThaOGDreamWeaver

Anybody remember way back in the day when the promotional website for Pacific Rim had a link to a site that allowed you to "create your own Jaeger" design. It was pretty basic. And probably flash based (which is yet another reason among many why it no longer exists, even as an archive.) But I had some fun with it. 

For the record, I think this was the first time I ever used this name (Based on a First Comics title from the mid 80s). 

tg5XnLs.jpg

Not long after this, I created a "Dynamo Joe" in Champions Online that was an obvious Gypsy Danger homage. And that's where I got at least the name for my first main on Everlasting server. (Which looks far more like the original comic source material, though with more "Gundam" elements mixed in.)

Anyway - I kept an eye on that website and watched designs roll in and there was another forum that found the site briefly and had some fun with it. Coming up with silliness like the following: 
(In some cases, you need to know the references to get the joke - that's why it's here in Nerd Humor)

vnxRsBy.jpg

bGQyGb6.jpg

H590yDZ.png

0aFmcKf.jpg

hGN3r9f.jpg

And then someone HAD to bring WARHAMMER into it and everything went to hell... 🤣

Khl8Pp4.jpg

• 2 weeks later

ToThaRescue: What was one of the things you never thought the internet would be used for, but has actually become one of the main reasons people use the internet?

Tim Berners-Lee: Kittens.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 2 weeks later

FB_IMG_1662704660514.jpg

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

If you know you know.

giphy.webp

Edit: I did not make this and props to the creator, pulled from an exhaustive search for a gif of this amazing moment. Watch Lower Decks people.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 12/3/2022 at 10:44 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Small moment of #zen, guest starring America’s greatest philosopher, and a passing god.

D066C091-09BF-412E-8ECD-EF3ECDFEDF32.thumb.jpeg.1ce959754e1bf55b5615b9bd7f9cef92.jpeg

It's not so much Mr. Rogers being worthy of wielding Thor's hammer, it's the surprise that Thor is worthy of being in Mr. Roger's neighborhood.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
  • 3 weeks later