"Defeat All" mission completed despite enemy left on map.

Placta

Mission from Crimson, part of the World Wide Red arc, a couple missions after the Kronos Titan ambush. Says "defeat all" but this poor Hercules Titan apparently didn't count.

Defeat All.png

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Don't know why, but on rare occasions it happens. On a Freakshow mission, it makes sense. Someone self-rezzed after the last standing mob was defeated. On a Malta or Circle of Thorns mission? It makes a lot less sense. Have the map open to know where I still need to go, defeat a group of enemies, mission comes up as finished, but I see a moving red pointer. And when I investigate, there is a lone mob just looking around.

well CoT have a self rez type too the little tongue monster lieuts rez... but could be a patrol or such.. maybe they dont count cause they are roaming around?

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

I should have been more clear. Apologies. The moving around is the walking back and forth in the same spot a lot of mobs do. And the CoT mob is always a minion type so far. I have yet to see a Hordeling, let alone the Hordeling Hurler lieutenant, be the one extra mob.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:45 PM, TheZag said:

Maybe it tried to combine and its buddy died but the game had already removed that entity from the required for objective list.

This is the most likely cause. Similar to if you kill Clockwork before they release their Gears...mission will complete even though there are Gears on the map. The only way it doesn't complete is if they spawn before you kill the last enemy.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Malta and Sky Raiders, it can happen if a turret or force field generator has the summons complete, but the summoner goes down before pet appears.

Turrets and force field generators don't count. I haven't even seen them show on the map. It is always a lone minion further in on the map or in a sideroom when it happens to me.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:45 AM, TheZag said:

Maybe it tried to combine and its buddy died but the game had already removed that entity from the required for objective list.

It would make little sense in this case. I'd never been to this part of the map, it was by itself, and spawn sizes weren't big enough to get multiple Titans in a single group. Not sure what happened. It's amusing more than anything; I've definitely had defeat alls that I wouldn't have minded wrapping up despite missing an enemy somewhere.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

I'm pretty sure the "Defeat All" criteria was changed on the Secret Server. On larger maps, if you clear the map but missed one or two, you no longer have to run around looking for them. The mish will auto complete.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

12 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

I'm pretty sure the "Defeat All" criteria was changed on the Secret Server. On larger maps, if you clear the map but missed one or two, you no longer have to run around looking for them. The mish will auto complete.

Try telling that to Synapse or David Wincott.