Is there a bug with /demorecord ??

Sin_Stalker

Trying to record a demo so I can see certain effects and entities. However I will type /demorecord i0portaleffect1 or /demorecord testtesttest then perform the action I wanted recorded. After typing /demostop I check my client_demos folder to find no new files generated. 

Are demos stored in a different directory now or has the /demorecord command changed? Or is there a known bug?

Take a look here and see if this gets you what you need.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• City Council

Demos work fine, I recorded lots when I was writing my demo player.  Confirm you are looking in the correct directory for your demos.  If you've switched to the HCLauncher, make sure you're not looking in an older folder that Tequila used.  Open HCLauncher, click "Screenshots" then navigate up one directory and you should see "Demos" (note NOT client_demos from the legacy client).  If you are using Tequila you can use the same thing "Screenshots" to open the folder, up one directory and find "client_demos".  https://cityofheroes.dev/demoplayer/DemoLauncher.exe is my Demo Player, if you are interested as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

Demos work fine, I recorded lots when I was writing my demo player.  Confirm you are looking in the correct directory for your demos.  If you've switched to the HCLauncher, make sure you're not looking in an older folder that Tequila used.  Open HCLauncher, click "Screenshots" then navigate up one directory and you should see "Demos" (note NOT client_demos from the legacy client).  If you are using Tequila you can use the same thing "Screenshots" to open the folder, up one directory and find "client_demos".  https://cityofheroes.dev/demoplayer/DemoLauncher.exe is my Demo Player, if you are interested as well.

That was it. I was looking at client_demos (as I copied my old recordings over, as well as costumes and such). Found demos folder and my three recordings are there. Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later
On 2/15/2022 at 12:45 PM, Michiyo said:

Ack, haven't searched for demorecord topics since 2021.  Glad I found this and hearing that demorecord works with HCLauncher - I been using Tequila for demos for over 2 years.  My computer either won't allow me to download the DemoLauncher or link is dead(?).  How do you do demo playback the old fashioned way with HCLauncher using the Shortcut like I do with Tequila?  Thanx in advance!

1 hour ago, SupaFreak said:

How do you do demo playback the old fashioned way with HCLauncher using the Shortcut like I do with Tequila?

It's been a while since I set it up/used it, but I had good luck with demo playback in the HC launcher using the method from the wiki linked below:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Demo_Recording#Method_1

10 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

It's been a while since I set it up/used it, but I had good luck with demo playback in the HC launcher using the method from the wiki linked below:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Demo_Recording#Method_1

Yea, that's the method I was using for Tequila but don't see the CityOfHeroes.exe in Homecoming folders... do I just use the launcher instead?

• City Council
2 hours ago, SupaFreak said:

Yea, that's the method I was using for Tequila but don't see the CityOfHeroes.exe in Homecoming folders... do I just use the launcher instead?

CityOfHeroes.exe is in "Homecoming\bin\win32\live" or "Homecoming\bin\win64\live", but there are more flags you'll have to use for HCLauncher installs: "-assetpath assets/issue24;assets/live -profile live -demoplay your_demo_name", my demo launcher should do that work for you as well if you just point it at your HC Folder, then select the EXE at one of those folders mentioned at the start of this post.  (Just select HCLauncher" in the "Client Type"

Edited by Michiyo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

CityOfHeroes.exe is in "Homecoming\bin\win32\live" or "Homecoming\bin\win64\live", but there are more flags you'll have to use for HCLauncher installs: "-assetpath assets/issue24;assets/live -profile live -demoplay your_demo_name", my demo launcher should do that work for you as well if you just point it at your HC Folder, then select the EXE at one of those folders mentioned at the start of this post.  (Just select HCLauncher" in the "Client Type"

That's the info I was looking for!  Thanks a ton Michiyo!