Music in bases.

You can already do that (but it seems to not start right away and not persist through logging off, as far as I can tell, unless I just have my music channel turned down too low). /sg_music (filename) sets the music in your base.

The file names for in-game music are here (hover over the names in the "Neighborhoods" column, the url that shows up, everything between the last / and the .ogg is what you need, not including the / and .ogg themselves), and you can also put your own music (in .ogg format) into the data/sound/ogg folder and use that (no spaces in the filename, if a filename has spaces in it, rename it to either remove the spaces or replace them with underscores), but only you will hear it unless someone else had the same idea/you tell people what song you have playing.

If the filename ends in _loop, it will do just that, repeat when it ends; if it doesn't then it will play once and stop.

it would be cool if music was selectable from the placeable jukebox (and the arcade games and pinball machines worked, but i digress)

This.

I don't know if it's worth whatever amount of work might be required to make it a thing, especially under the current conditions, but being able to pick the music from a jukebox would be nice.

Just click the jukebox, pick the selection, and go about your business.

Personally I think that I am partial to Steel Canyon.

Been a long time since I heard some of the other zones so maybe I am forgetting something, but I have always liked Blyde Square, and Copper District has sort of grown on me since I started playing here.

it would be cool if music was selectable from the placeable jukebox (and the arcade games and pinball machines worked, but i digress)

This would be awesome and might even encourage me to turn my sound on/up. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Which is a good thing. There's a ~100% chance one of your SG mates would think looping Megan Trainor would be funny cuz base/bass.

I love me a good Lamb Chop music. ;)

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)