About this jranger thing...

KaizenSoze

On 3/5/2022 at 9:13 AM, battlewraith said:

Combined with those other responses it sounds like gatekeeping. 

Some communities can stand to have a little bit more gatekeeping. Of course, that comes from the perspective of one who's hobbies have been infiltrated by crybullies in skinsuits pretending to be outcasts and fans just to demand everything change to suit them and kick out all the people that let them in in the first place, declaring them to be bigots.

Now I'm not saying that's the case here because honestly, we're far from it. Most of this game's playerbase seems to be primarily comprised of the old guard because "new blood" doesn't seem particularly interested in it. That said, I'm always wary of people who claim to want to be part of the group while simultaneously demanding that group change established practices to suit their specific personal needs/desires.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

4 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

That said, I'm always wary of people who claim to want to be part of the group while simultaneously demanding that group change established practices to suit their specific personal needs/desires.

Said every majority to every minority throughout human history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Lead Game Master

Alright, look.

"/jranger" IS allowed. It's a CoH-related meme, and as others have said, is oftentimes a more welcome response than what's actually on the other person's mind.

I mean, I'd rather people engage in thoughtful constructive criticism, but as I've said before, some people are too in love with their ideas to take ANY criticism, and others can't let go of someone being WRONG on the INTERNET to engage respectfully. So, happy medium.

But, on a semi-related note, I'm going to address a trend I've been seeing more and more around here, and in this thread specifically:

I am placing a moratorium on the use of the word "triggered". (Also trigger, triggering, etc)

It's a term that should only be used when discussing the effects of PTSD, some forms of which are considered a disability. Since our CoC does not allow discrimination against the disabled, the use of the word "triggered" as an insult is grounds for moderator action.

Speaking of the CoC, I'm also seeing some veiled semi-racism sprouting up, so I'm locking this thread down before the semi gets dropped.

Edited by GM Impervium
Formatting
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!