About this jranger thing...

KaizenSoze

It's ok for people to use it, it's ok for you to dislike people using it. If you care enough about wanting to know more why someone responded that way, ask them. If not, disregard it. I do think different people use it in different ways, so it might actually be worthwhile to ask on occasion.

I am curious if the actual JRanger knows about Homecoming. I'm guessing he'd say "No." whether he did or not.

Edited by Nerio72
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Aracknight said:

What a bunch of pancakes.

great, now I want waffles..

10 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

This thread is dildos?

but not those kinds of waffles..

• Haha 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Its tradition.  Enshrined in the hallowed halls of COX Forum history.  

Nerf Regen

Buff EM 

SS for Scrappers 

AND .. 

/Jranger 

What about killing them Skuls?

9 hours ago, Haijinx said:

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, battlewraith said:

Combined with those other responses it sounds like gatekeeping. 

nah.. folks get to toss ideas around, even bad ones. no one stops us. no one is gonna keep us down,

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

23 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

I don't care for it, but then I also generally don't care for simple "no" or "thumbs-down" replies to posts, that don't provide any context.  Heck, at least tell me why you think the suggestion is dumb or bad or whatever.  If you explain your position, I might even agree with you.  Not knowing or understanding why you don't like the suggestion kind of drives me crazy.

But, eh- maybe that's the whole point of those kind of replies.  🤷‍♂️

Sometimes one's feelings cannot be expressed properly by words.

For example, the post about XP gain efficiency or whatever. I roll my eyes at that. I hate HATE min/max talk and I cannot express that hatred in words that might stay civil. I want to /jranger that thread, although I never have done the /jranger thing. I'll show some restraint and ignore that thread before my blood pressure spikes. 

*takes deep breath*

Edited by gamingglen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 11:08 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Except when the social norm is to be intolerant toward the differences. Hell, I'd argue that in many cases we'd all be better off with a lot MORE intolerance towards certain behaviors/beliefs.

I am growing very intolerant of damn near the whole population of Earth as I grow older. Humans annoy me. Yet here I am, still posting. Don't ask me why, it's one of life's little mysteries.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I am growing very intolerant of damn near the whole population of Earth as I grow older. Humans annoy me. Yet here I am, still posting. Don't ask me why, it's one of life's little mysteries.

You and I are very much alike in this way, I have to confess.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

32 minutes ago, Cancrusher said:

You and I are very much alike in this way, I have to confess.  

Hope springs eternal. And then gets whack-a-moled by reality.

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Solarverse said:

/Jranger humans. Too violences. All your bases are belong to us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/5/2022 at 12:13 PM, gamingglen said:

That has been the way since time immemorial. 

I disagree.:-)

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.