LEGO Games

Robin1996ify

I am currently addicted on playing LEGO City Undercover and severely neglecting CoH (lol). Spent over 24 hours just to complete its storyline and now aiming to get 100% completion...

Anyway, anyone played any LEGO games before? Or any good LEGO games you guys can recommend? (I already played LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Harry Potter before)

Heroes, villains, no problem.

Have some cookies, you're welcome. 😄

Cookies.jpg.2b22cf3d06af9c1b815c84046ae060bb.jpg

I've can recommend Lego Batman 1/2 and Marvel Superheroes. Haven't gotten around to DC Supervillains or MSH2 or Avengers. If you like the formula though you can essentially play any of them, just pick the licenses you're a fan of. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Vee said:

I've can recommend Lego Batman 1/2 and Marvel Superheroes. Haven't gotten around to DC Supervillains or MSH2 or Avengers. If you like the formula though you can essentially play any of them, just pick the licenses you're a fan of. 

Just bought DC Supervillains this week, hope they're better than Marvel Superheroes (I already played them but never got around to finish it, because I found the story to be bit... lacking? I think.) Aw man, I love Lego Batman 1! It was one of my favorite games during my childhood (along with Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga).

Lego games are good trophy fodder and comedy gold. 😛

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

7 hours ago, Kyksie said:

I played Lego Marvel Superheroes. It's fun, but clearly aimed at kids, no challenge at all. Pick it up if you really like Marvel and want some mindless enjoyment.

Yeah about that, I already tried it and I just couldn't find myself to enjoy the game so I ended up abandoning the game and never play it again. Maybe because I don't particularly liked Marvel heroes that much.

7 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Lego games are good trophy fodder and comedy gold. 😛

Indeed. I miss the time when Lego games weren't voice acted tho, I mean the way the characters merely mumbling and trying to communicate by charades was hilarious itself.

We have probably most of the Lego games.  Star Wars 1-6, Marvel Superheroes 1 and 2, several Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings.

The only one we have not really liked was LotR.  We did not get far.  The early levels were gimmicky rather than the normal sort of open level with puzzles, and we got lost in the between levels and could not figure out how to find the next level.  So we gave up.

One thing I learned from probably the third one I played but I never fully follow through on is it pays just to rush through the story mode without worrying about the extras or maximizing studs. I generally waste way too much time trying to get things I can't get yet and there's not really much benefit. Could probably have halved my 100% time in a few of them if I actually followed that advice.

3 hours ago, DougGraves said:

We have probably most of the Lego games.  Star Wars 1-6, Marvel Superheroes 1 and 2, several Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings.

The only one we have not really liked was LotR.  We did not get far.  The early levels were gimmicky rather than the normal sort of open level with puzzles, and we got lost in the between levels and could not figure out how to find the next level.  So we gave up.

Same, Except for Worlds, I've played just about all of them I imagine. I've even gone and purchased the ones for themes I'm really not into to get that itch/trophies, but I found that those take me longer as I don't fully enjoy the theme.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I really liked the idea of Dimensions and it had a hell of a lot of work put into it.

(And while there's a certain charm to having them silent, they did get one hell of a voice cast for that.)

But I've never owned a console and it's never come out for other platforms.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Speaking of LEGO games, what do you guys think about the upcoming LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga? The trailers were all flashy and cool, but I'm still skeptical if this installment will be good or not. So many new stuffs they're shown and I believe there would be world-building, which I still don't know what and how that works. I hope I will not get dizzy with all those new flash effects and stuff.

I haven't played any for a while, but I own all of them on steam, and also many on various consoles. I have played many of them to 100% completion including all of the Star Wars, all of the Batmans, Indiana Jones, and many more in various stages of completion. My most recent 100% was DC supervillains and currently working on the Marvel super heroes 2, when I feel the need to get my LEGO on. 

Edited by jeolman1

BTW: if you like mobile games, Lego:Legacy is good fun (if a little repetitive after a while, like most 5x5 turn-duel games).

It also has a stunningly good soundtrack.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Kids and I are playing through Lego Skywalker Saga on PS5 and it is amazing. Beautiful graphics, excellent combat with a bit more depth now, and a lot to collect. We're playing through story modes now, about to start RotJ. Kids aren't big into running around grabbing side missions and collectibles to 100% each level, so I'll go back and do that in freeplay once we're done with all 9 episodes.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, Lightslinger said:

Kids and I are playing through Lego Skywalker Saga on PS5 and it is amazing. Beautiful graphics, excellent combat with a bit more depth now, and a lot to collect. We're playing through story modes now, about to start RotJ. Kids aren't big into running around grabbing side missions and collectibles to 100% each level, so I'll go back and do that in freeplay once we're done with all 9 episodes.

I've been watching Lego Skywalker Saga clips and they were all pretty interesting. I thought some of the new features they added were a bit unnecessary and made the game stray further from the original Lego Star Wars games, but as a Lego game by itself, it's an ingenious open world game.

Also, I haven't been playing CoH that much lol. I've been 100 % Lego DC Super villains and now heading to The Lego Movie Videogame... 😄

• 1 month later
On 5/17/2022 at 5:34 AM, Releaseone said:

If you have a video card, you'll get better performance from Minecraft if you install drivers for it. You will also need Java installed to run Minecraft. There are countless reasons why Minecraft for Linux may not run correctly. The easiest way around most problems is to use Wine (Windows Linux emulator) to run the Windows version of Minecraft. But it is better to ask a professional about it. They will be able to tell you. I did not have any problems with the installation of the game. But once I started looking for servers with certain game modes, I had trouble. I came across a lot of dirty content. Then I found servers-minecraft.net, which contains verified servers. I advise you to look at them after installing the game.

...this forum is for LEGO games, not Minecraft (yes, the game is also with blocks, but Minecraft isn't exactly a lego game)....

• 1 month later

LEGO City Undercover is a great game. The campaign is addicting and definitely ahead of its time. I got it on Nintendo Switch for a discount and it was worth every penny and more. I am not too familiar with Lego games other than a little bit of The Complete Saga and despite this I found my self enjoying the single player campaign. I also really love the sense of humor in this game, this game its hilarious and I find myself laughing at jokes made by Frank. I HIGHLY recommend you buy this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/15/2022 at 1:02 PM, trunkmud said:

LEGO City Undercover is a great game. The campaign is addicting and definitely ahead of its time. I got it on Nintendo Switch for a discount and it was worth every penny and more. I am not too familiar with Lego games other than a little bit of The Complete Saga and despite this I found my self enjoying the single player campaign. I also really love the sense of humor in this game, this game its hilarious and I find myself laughing at jokes made by Frank. I HIGHLY recommend you buy this game.

Oh definitely! My brother bought me LEGO City Undercover months ago and I honestly enjoyed it because they didn't overuse some jokes, the story is actually quite engaging for a LEGO game, the areas are pretty cool to explore, and sometimes I thought I was playing a GTA game instead of a LEGO game.

I tried to play LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga once, but I dunno... the game was just way too much for my taste.