Option to always decline teleports

Currently, even with teleport prompt enabled, whenever someone attempts to teleport you, a box appears on your screen requiring you to select either to accept or decline the teleport.

The problem, as I see it, is that incandescent spammers create this prompt very frequently and it's rather disruptive.  Yes, choosing to disable the prompt keeps the menu from appearing but also teleports the player from their current location even if they'd rather not move to the teleporter's location.

So, I'm requesting a "decline all teleports" option that does not cause a box to appear on your screen requiring a selection and does not teleport the player to the teleporter's location.

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I'd be cool with this. Alignment issues break Team Teleport for mixed teams anyway. I usually just use my portal room in my base.

Ooh! New suggestion! Rogues and Vigilantes are both heroes and villains in alignment rather than just murderous hero or "gone soft" villain!

*rushes to apocalypse survival room and locks door before angry mob murders me*

As far as the OP goes, I have the teleport prompt active on all my characters. If I don't want to accept the teleport, I just ignore the prompt and keep doing what I was doing. It goes away on its own. Most of the time, I don't want to be affected by other's teleports. So I have Group Teleport set to never work and I ignore the Teleport Other prompt. There are times when I do want the teleport though, like when I'm racing to the mission on a team, am still a half mile out, and a teammate teleports me to the mission.

I get the desire to not even deal with the prompt though. So here are a few questions:

1) Would the option to decline all teleports be a menu setting that the player can change at will, or would the player need to go to Null the Gull to change it? (Thinking of Group Teleport's Null requirement to be disabled rather than prompted here. If it requires that it be a new "power" that protects us from the teleport without needing the prompt, then it would be a Null the Gull thing.)

2) Would this affect mobs' ability to teleport the player? (Thinking of Manticore's teleporting arrow and how we should not be able to "decline" it. Answer should be "no", but if the only way to do this is to place a new power the prevents you from being teleported like with Group Fly and Team Teleport, then it very well could.)

Both these questions would need to be answered by the devs in all honesty, but they do need to be answered.

Yes, you said make it an auto-decline option, but realistically, isn't the disable Team Teleport option at Null just an auto-decline as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

First off, I do appreciate the time taken to provide feedback.  I'm going to hopefully add some clarity about my request with this post.

* This would be an additional option.  Existing options to disable or enable the tp prompt would remain unchanged.  Ideally, this is a 3rd parameter for "Promp Team Teleport" under Options>Team Options.

* I wasn't considering P2W Team Teleportation as part of this.  I would like for that to NOT be included in this request since that box doesn't show up in combat, with the exception of engaging enemies in zone.  The same applies to Mission Teleport, I would like for that to NOT be included for a "decline all teleport" options.  I know this one is self-evident but just stating it to state it.

* 1) I'm requesting a menu setting, not a Null the Gull setting.  I would like to be able to change it on the fly.  

* 2) That's certainly not part of my request, I'm not asking to nerf an enemy's ability to use their powers.

As for the Teleportation pool's Team Teleport power being auto-declined at Null, I suppose you could say that.  A major distinction is that the existing settings to enable or disable the tp prompt do not affect that pool power.  You can only change your preference for (Teleportation.Team Teleport) at Null. 

I should have been more clear in my response. Apologies. I understand the intent is for an additional option under "Prompt Team Teleport" to extend it into auto-declining. My questions are mainly aimed at the devs, because only they can say if simply adding an extra option could even be implemented.

I definitely think this would be a good idea, especially if the process of coding this also requires the devs to fix the problems with Team Teleport.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

11 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I definitely think this would be a good idea, especially if the process of coding this also requires the devs to fix the problems with Team Teleport.

Also, it might be useful to separate Team Teleport response out into its own permission check, so that you can automatically accept Team Teleport, but be asked for the others.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erm Null the Gull has the Option to shut off friendly Teleport completely, that is what u basically asking (in 1st Post) for, yes of course in options in would be more convenient.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

6 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

Erm Null the Gull has the Option to shut off friendly Teleport completely, that is what u basically asking (in 1st Post) for, yes of course in options in would be more convenient.

Erm no Null doesn't.

See https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Null_the_Gull

then click the link to "Team Teleport" on this line: "Accept or deny Group Fly/Group Energy Flight/Team Teleport."

there you will see this option refers to the Teleportation pool power "Team Teleport" https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Teleportation#Team_Teleport

It does not apply to any other form of teleportation.  Erm.

3 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Erm no Null doesn't.

See https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Null_the_Gull

then click the link to "Team Teleport" on this line: "Accept or deny Group Fly/Group Energy Flight/Team Teleport."

there you will see this option refers to the Teleportation pool power "Team Teleport" https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Teleportation#Team_Teleport

It does not apply to any other form of teleportation.  Erm.

Interesting but at least its seems outdated, cause the options for Fly and TP are seperated entries in the submenu at Null (in the same Line of his 1st Menu popup though) and not one single Option like that article make it seem, could be it works only for Team TP but it just could be an oversight too.. it needs to be tested.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

The only travel options at Null are Group Travel and Travel Pop Up Tray. There is no option to disable all friendly teleports. Just checked.

And as @Hedgefund said, the Group Travel option brings up the Group Fly and Team Teleport choice. (Which then leads to the specific choice for each of those two powers.)

Pretty sure, Team Transport is a completely different animal.

Team Teleport would be the group one for short range trips.  (One that I don't think any of my chars have gotten)

Incan and Teleport Target are the only ones with the prompt if enabled in options which I presume are the ones really addressed by the OP, and in anycase, should be treated different than the Team Transport mission TP

I'm against this being a Null option.   There are cases where the char needs to be ported without a prompt for certain mission objectives.

Keyes Trial (avoid the green stuff and don't die) is just one of them.   Finding out one of the chars has it auto declined mid-trial would suck.  And semi-annoying waiting for someone to do the trip to Pocket-D.

I'd be OK if it was in the Options menu though.   (And right now, if you have prompt enabled, you can ignore it for the 10 seconds it's up)

On 3/25/2022 at 7:10 PM, Mr. Vee said:

Off the main topic but I'd love if Null had an option to decline inertial reduction (kin's +jump power) too. also, good morning Hedge!

Thats is part of the nulls decline all direct speed buffs from other players (well indirect like from fortune cards still work).. tested and using it on any of my chars just to avoid the kin speed boost and inertial reduction powers. I love speed boost recovery buff though and that is not declined by that option.

• Thanks 1

Former Player on Server:

Neat, I thought it was just SB. Never read the option's text as the run boost doesn't bother me. Now I just have to decide if the occasional weird jumping annoys me enough to give up run boosts and to go to null for every character. Guess I'll try on a toon or two to see. But for now, priority is TP'ing Hedge as often as possible 😄

• Sad 1