Jump to content

Patch Notes for March 29th, 2022


Faultline
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Developer

General

 

  • A few internal changes to try to contain the rampages of the dreaded mapserver.
  • Fixed a minor issue with the inspiration queue for pets/henchmen.
  • The Nemesis invasion event will now spawn its GM if there's at least a full team (8 players) in the zone, down from 11 players.
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer

Muahahaha.

 

I see what you did there.

  • Confused 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

 

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Faultline said:

General

 

  • A few internal changes to try to contain the rampages of the dreaded mapserver.
  • Fixed a minor issue with the inspiration queue for pets/henchmen.
  • The Nemesis invasion event will now spawn its GM if there's at least a full team (8 players) in the zone, down from 11 players.

Just to clarify, is that meant to be a full teams worth of players (8) in the zone, that don't have to be teamed, or does there actually have to be 1 full team of 8 players?

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought in this and the Rikti event, the game would count how many players are in a certain area and spawn an appropriate amount of mobs. I do wonder how big the area is, and I am almost positive it is not the whole zone. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Formally requests a new GM added named...

 

Mapserver

 

You know you want to do it.

... except, egos being what they are, he/she/it would want to be called "Mapmaster"!

  • Haha 2

-- Rock

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wish when entering my SG base that the dreaded program termination with notification "Map is shutting down." would be fixed.

 

Of course, knowing what I do about the deep dark dank depths of complex code, I also know that when such can happen, it can be very very hard to fix said issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2022 at 11:39 AM, Faultline said:

A few internal changes to try to contain the rampages of the dreaded mapserver.

 

Attempted containment unsuccessful! (Were all the Controller sets nerfed!?!)

The Dreaded Mapserver is running berserk in THE CITY!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they are most probably on ignore.

Some of them even know that I have them on ignore.

But that won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it.

It's who they are. There is a group of them that have banded together to do it. They think that it is acceptable.

Ignore is a tool to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later
On 3/30/2022 at 3:15 PM, Jacke said:

I just wish when entering my SG base that the dreaded program termination with notification "Map is shutting down." would be fixed.

 

Of course, knowing what I do about the deep dark dank depths of complex code, I also know that when such can happen, it can be very very hard to fix said issues.

I believe that is happening because you tried to enter your base instance when it was closing, that can't be fixed persay as much as you have bad timing.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later
On 4/26/2022 at 3:01 AM, Terius said:

I believe that is happening because you tried to enter your base instance when it was closing, that can't be fixed persay as much as you have bad timing.

 

That is the reason.  That it happens is a shortcoming of the server design.  The server detects the error but instead of handling it gracefully, the client ends up terminating and the server eventually cleans up.  When the server detects that a character is entering a map that is shutting down, it should either put the character back where it was with an error popup in game.  Or if possible, especially if it's a map like a SG base, restart the map and put the character in it when it's ready.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...