Patch Notes for March 29th, 2022

• City Council

General

• A few internal changes to try to contain the rampages of the dreaded mapserver.
  • Fixed a minor issue with the inspiration queue for pets/henchmen.
  • The Nemesis invasion event will now spawn its GM if there's at least a full team (8 players) in the zone, down from 11 players.
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 8

• Developer

Muahahaha.

I see what you did there.

• Confused 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

5 hours ago, Faultline said:

General

• A few internal changes to try to contain the rampages of the dreaded mapserver.
  • Fixed a minor issue with the inspiration queue for pets/henchmen.
  • The Nemesis invasion event will now spawn its GM if there's at least a full team (8 players) in the zone, down from 11 players.

Just to clarify, is that meant to be a full teams worth of players (8) in the zone, that don't have to be teamed, or does there actually have to be 1 full team of 8 players?

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

I just wish when entering my SG base that the dreaded program termination with notification "Map is shutting down." would be fixed.

Of course, knowing what I do about the deep dark dank depths of complex code, I also know that when such can happen, it can be very very hard to fix said issues.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:39 AM, Faultline said:

A few internal changes to try to contain the rampages of the dreaded mapserver.

Attempted containment unsuccessful! (Were all the Controller sets nerfed!?!)

The Dreaded Mapserver is running berserk in THE CITY!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 4 weeks later
On 3/30/2022 at 3:15 PM, Jacke said:

I just wish when entering my SG base that the dreaded program termination with notification "Map is shutting down." would be fixed.

Of course, knowing what I do about the deep dark dank depths of complex code, I also know that when such can happen, it can be very very hard to fix said issues.

I believe that is happening because you tried to enter your base instance when it was closing, that can't be fixed persay as much as you have bad timing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
On 4/26/2022 at 3:01 AM, Terius said:

I believe that is happening because you tried to enter your base instance when it was closing, that can't be fixed persay as much as you have bad timing.

That is the reason.  That it happens is a shortcoming of the server design.  The server detects the error but instead of handling it gracefully, the client ends up terminating and the server eventually cleans up.  When the server detects that a character is entering a map that is shutting down, it should either put the character back where it was with an error popup in game.  Or if possible, especially if it's a map like a SG base, restart the map and put the character in it when it's ready.

• Thumbs Up 2