Necromancy - Minions being rebuffed when entering new doors blows my ear drums

shadowrex

I'm not sure why I haven't seen anyone post about this, or maybe I missed it. A while back MMs were changed so that when entering new zones, missions, areas, what have you; their minions came along and are fully rebuffed with the lvl 6 and 32 upgrades if they had been previously applied. I don't know what it is about necromancy but their buff is SO LOUD that I honestly don't want to play them any more because whenever I enter or exit a mission my ear drums are blown out. I'm not sure if it's because the camera is being positioned so closely to all the minions being rebuffed but it's honestly 3x too loud.

Am I taking crazy pills?

I've tried muting the specific sound files, but dark miasma seems to share a lot of sounds with other powers within necromancy. I really just want to dampen/lower the sound (MIASMA3 and maybe DARKWINDUP2 for any of the sound file gurus)

The other extremely loud power is Howling Twilight (I guess it does have howling in the name). And I hate using it so much because it's pretty annoying.

19 minutes ago, shadowrex said:

I know you're being facetious, but other sound fx are at normal levels.

Sorry I couldn't resist. I haven't played this game with sound since live. No dog in this fight. Carry on 🙂

You're not alone. I have a necro/dark that I would like to continue to play, but can't because of this. I don't know how to change the sound files or anything. So if I play Necro, I have to remember to turn the volume all the way down when entering/exiting missions.

It's why I don't play Necro 🤬😢

7 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

You're not alone. I have a necro/dark that I would like to continue to play, but can't because of this. I don't know how to change the sound files or anything. So if I play Necro, I have to remember to turn the volume all the way down when entering/exiting missions.

It's why I don't play Necro 🤬😢

If you follow the guide here:

You can mute the sounds by replacing them with a sound file which is just silence.

Download the silence file in that post, and follow the instructions to create a "data" folder, which contains a "sounds" folder, which contains a "ogg" folder, which contains a "powers" folder. In the powers folder add the silence file and rename it to the file name you want to replace. In the case of necromancy buffs it's the following:

DARKWINDUP2

MIASMA3 (this unfortunately mutes twilight grasp as well)

Edited by shadowrex

Another one can be found here that just lowers it instead of silencing it (if it doesn't link directly go to page 3 of the thread and find the July 4, 2020 post):

It is really very easy at least for this one as you just create a new folder where needed and drop the already provided file in and you are done.  It still lowers things enough that twilight grasp is pretty much silence (at least the wind-up part, you still hear a healing sound effect from the friendly targets hit).  It isn't bad at all imho.

On 4/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, Riverdusk said:

Another one can be found here that just lowers it instead of silencing it (if it doesn't link directly go to page 3 of the thread and find the July 4, 2020 post):

It is really very easy at least for this one as you just create a new folder where needed and drop the already provided file in and you are done.  It still lowers things enough that twilight grasp is pretty much silence (at least the wind-up part, you still hear a healing sound effect from the friendly targets hit).  It isn't bad at all imho.

Awesome, thank you for sharing!

• 2 weeks later

Due to various game sounds, I have my volume set to 34/100.  It may be quieter than you are used to for normal game sounds, but for recurring sounds (like some armors, etc) and the loud events you describe, for me setting the volume low was well worth it.

-- Rock