What's the best combo for getting and keeping aggro?

Shocktacular

Basically what the thread title says: I want to know what (in your opinion) is the best powerset combo for getting and keeping aggro.  I suspect that any set with damage aura would be pretty high on the list, but I'd like to get other people's opinions, too.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Ice/ice. Chilling Embrace and Ice Patch are where it is at.

• Thumbs Up 4

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

All taunt auras do identical taunting effects, so hypothetically a set with a damaging aura would do worse because that's not auto hit.  I don't have numbers to back that up though.

Ice armor used to be considered the king of aggro because it has 2 taunt auras.  Throw in spines or rad melee, which both have damage toggles, and you're pretty hard to ignore.

What this team needs is more Defenders

59 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Ice/ice. Chilling Embrace and Ice Patch are where it is at.

Agreed, Ice/Ice, is the king of holding aggro. Ice/anything is good. Next I would say Invuln, then maybe Stone (Mud Pots, slow + aggro, nice combo). After that I think it gets a little murky due to how the calculations for aggro are done.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

10 hours ago, Psyonico said:

All taunt auras do identical taunting effects, so hypothetically a set with a damaging aura would do worse because that's not auto hit.  I don't have numbers to back that up though.

Ice armor used to be considered the king of aggro because it has 2 taunt auras.  Throw in spines or rad melee, which both have damage toggles, and you're pretty hard to ignore.

Doesn't Bio Armour also have two taunt auras?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ice armor used to be literally better at holding agro stat wise. A while back they equalized them. Power interaction wise though having mobs taunted but also slowed down around you it makes keeping agro fixated on you easier. Add in something like ice patch and now they are flopping on their ass too.

Yeah I can get behind the logic of ice/ice. That said stone armor/ss would probably work well also with the slow in mudpots and knocking mobs on their ass with handclaps.

You'll also want an epic/patron with an air imob to keep mobs from walking off as well.

11 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

DNA Siphon is a click with Taunt. Also, Ice has slows in it so even if a target looks elsewhere, it might not actually get there.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

15 hours ago, Thrax said:

Ice/spines I have one. He is super aggro man. 

I would go with this as well.

Ice Armor -

Chilling Embrace: Taunt, -RECH, -DMG, -SPEED

Icicles: Taunt, DMG

Spines -

Quills: DMG, -RECH, -SPEED

Although, I Ice Melee does have some nice AoE attacks, and Ice Patch.

Okay, I'm going with Ice/Spines for my Aggro Magnet (actual character name 😛).
Anyone got a build they like?  Or some tips?  I usually play brutes, so I have some ideas about how to slot armors.  My main goal, as the name suggests, will be to get and keep aggro away from teammates.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 4/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, Major_Decoy said:

[Evolving Armor] and [Genetic Contamination].

Which puts Bio in the same category as Ice Armor, since it is generating Threat from constantly damaging everything and inflicting a debuff.

So, in theory, Bio or Ice Armor paired with any of the previously mentioned attack sets that grant either a second damage aura or another debuff AoE.