War Mace/Electric Armor. Brute or Scrapper?

lopso

i often play a war mace / elec scrapper on test to compare it with an elec armor / war mace tank - the scrapper crit ATO works really nicely with WM i find. not as survivable as a tank but great fun being able to dish out some serious damage

if damage is your priority, i’d go scrapper, if you want to survive a bit better, tank would be the way to go in my opinion

On 5/18/2022 at 12:12 PM, MoonSheep said:

i often play a war mace / elec scrapper on test to compare it with an elec armor / war mace tank - the scrapper crit ATO works really nicely with WM i find. not as survivable as a tank but great fun being able to dish out some serious damage

if damage is your priority, i’d go scrapper, if you want to survive a bit better, tank would be the way to go in my opinion

Elec Armor is absolutely a resistance based set. Higher resistance caps benefit it.

War Mace is a damn fine crunchy set regardless of AT.

My mace/bio scrapper is a freaking joy to play and I went max recharge because both sets greatly benefit from it.

My ma/elec brute went brute because of the higher resist caps and also because Storm Kick's +defense helps shore up said resistance.

Based on those two characters, if I really wanted to play with mace and elec armor, damn straight I'd choose tank.

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Elec Armor is absolutely a resistance based set. Higher resistance caps benefit it.

War Mace is a damn fine crunchy set regardless of AT.

My mace/bio scrapper is a freaking joy to play and I went max recharge because both sets greatly benefit from it.

My ma/elec brute went brute because of the higher resist caps and also because Storm Kick's +defense helps shore up said resistance.

Based on those two characters, if I really wanted to play with mace and elec armor, damn straight I'd choose tank.

i sample war mace/shield often also, which has better damage but there’s just something so appealing about elec armour, maybe the icon colours? making me tempted to actually level one..

for WM tank, i believe the tank AoE bonus doesn’t impact crowd control as it already has the maximum permitted arc, but happy to be corrected. the bonus increase is another great positive and can really bring some sets to life

• 2 months later
17 hours ago, TerminallyNerdy said:

I am glad to see this meme has never died.

I actually had a hero named Strong and Pretty on live (with the expected build) and it was a blast.  Of course the name is taken on HC so I adjusted a bit and made Stone and Pretty (Stone Melee/EA) and it naturally gives the crunch you'd expect.

But I remember those days when that meme started and they were so much fun.  It is kind of interesting to see how how some things from the "culture" from the original live servers continues on and how servers like HC continue to feed the nalstalgia of many of us old timers.