Giant Monster Difficulty

I'll avoid the cliche response. Scrapyard also moves across the zone on those set paths. And when he is near a corner or other obstruction so you can't see him until you round that obstruction, yes, you can very much literally run into him. (One of his paths takes him right by that old pirate contact. Until the devs fixed it, another path took him into the black market.) That's fine though. You can discount anything I say. That is up to you. What you can't say is that adding new GMs to a game where the existing GMs are seemingly routinely ignored adds anything but more things for players to ignore.

37 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I'll avoid the cliche response. Scrapyard also moves across the zone on those set paths. And when he is near a corner or other obstruction so you can't see him until you round that obstruction, yes, you can very much literally run into him. (One of his paths takes him right by that old pirate contact. Until the devs fixed it, another path took him into the black market.) That's fine though. You can discount anything I say. That is up to you. What you can't say is that adding new GMs to a game where the existing GMs are seemingly routinely ignored adds anything but more things for players to ignore.

Ghost of Scrappy Doo walking directly into the Black Market isn't entirely fixed.  It still happens very infrequently, not nearly as often prior to "the fix."  I think I've seen it twice since then, and I've farmed him on occasion.  Also, Ghost of Scrappy Doo only exists for 30 minutes after being spawned.  If he isn't defeated after 30 minutes, he despawns.  The only GM I know that despawns if not defeated within a certain time frame.  Probably because it's so easy to spawn him again.

Also, as far as GMs being ignored... yeah.  They seem to be on every shard other than Excelsior.  This whole thread seems to be an Excelsior issue, if I'm frank, not so much a Homecoming issue.  Ironically enough, at least on Torchbearer, the only GM that isn't ignored is Ghost of Scrapyard because he's usually intentionally spawned and quickly dispatched.

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Ironically enough, at least on Torchbearer, the only GM that isn't ignored is Ghost of Scrapyard because he's usually intentionally spawned and quickly dispatched.

I may or may not have any idea what you are talking about.  Scrapyard probably spawned 50 times in 2 hours all on his own.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, PZephregames said:

I would like to see the Giant Monsters difficulty raised so it takes at least 4 players to take it down. When players can solo them at 50, it takes away the fun for others. The Giant Monsters do not spawn quickly enough if this happens. There are too many times when I or others are putting a team together just to have a 50 jump in and ruin it. Also I encounter 50's racing to find the GM just to solo. Just recently I broadcasted in zone. while watching a 50 fight the GM and never got a team invite. I realize the game is not just for me, but that applies to others as well.

Another possible solution may be to have GMs spawn more frequently. Like every 2 hours.

Please address this. Thanks for keeping game alive.

Sorry, the answer is a big hard NO

Giant Monsters aren't soloable by default, and if you manage to discover a build to solo one, whoopty doodily Doo. It's not gonna hurt my feelings anyways, making them stronger will only turn it into an UNNECESSARY nuisance.

On top of that, it would take LONGER for Hammy raids to complete, we don't need that much more needless effort and half an hour added to complete it... Thanks...

And here I thought the GM Difficulty post was going to be about standardizing Reward Merits for the amount of time it usually takes to take one down. How is it that Adamastor's worth 10 + 5 incarnate threads and Lusca's the standard 6?

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

Because Adamastor can be summoned on demand, is easier, and takes less time. So of course he is worth more merits. ... hang on... something I said may not make as much sense as anticipated..... 😛

(Is Adamastor seriously worth 10+5?!)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "=" to "+".

9 hours ago, Milk Sheik said:

And here I thought the GM Difficulty post was going to be about standardizing Reward Merits for the amount of time it usually takes to take one down. How is it that Adamastor's worth 10 + 5 incarnate threads and Lusca's the standard 6?

1 per tentacle and 5 for the head !

MNeE7.jpg.8ea3deb45c511d8f50f5c357e8810eea.jpg

On 6/1/2022 at 3:44 PM, Rudra said:

I don't think the Paladin gives any merits. At least, I've never gotten any merits from defeating the actual Paladin.

Just did this within... the last hour perhaps. Verified, 6 merits awarded.

2022-06-08 14:38:25 <Player> has defeated Paladin
2022-06-08 14:38:25 You gain 246 experience.
2022-06-08 14:38:25 You received Keen Insight.
2022-06-08 14:38:25 You received 6 units of Reward Merit.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

If 90% of the damage dealt to a GM comes from NPC combat or a player that has left then you wont get a reward for killing it. And i dont mean 90% of its max HP,  i mean 90% of the total damage it took to down a GM.

So if a GM had 10,000 hp and someone came along and did 200,000 damage because they couldnt outpace its regen and then you come along and do 15,000 damage that kills it then

200,000 + 15,000 = 215,000 total damage to GM

And

15,000 ÷ 215,000 = 0.069  or about 7% of damage dealt to GM

Meaning you dealt less than 10% of the damage dealt to the GM and wont get the reward.

• Thumbs Up 1

Paladin doesn't give any badges. It is the Monster Construction that builds him that gives the badge It is the lack of merit rewards the two of us got that prompted me to think Paladin does not give merits either.

14 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Paladin doesn't give any badges. It is the Monster Construction that builds him that gives the badge It is the lack of merit rewards the two of us got that prompted me to think Paladin does not give merits either.

Ahh, you're right.  Sorry.  Was thinking of the old/new version.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:48 AM, Apparition said:

FWIW, the Council Goliath War Walker in Boomtown can't be soloed, and as far as I'm aware of no one has soloed the Seed of Hamidon.  They can both be duoed with the right power sets and builds, however.  Also, Ghost of Scrapyard can be spawned again within a couple of minutes of defeat, if you'd like.

Also FWIW, this issue only occurs on Excelsior and possibly Everlasting.  I know on Excelsior (at least a year ago anyhoo), it's an absolute race to find and defeat a GM as soon as it is announced, before someone else does.  On Torchbearer, GMs are largely left alone for days.  I've logged off next to Babbage in Boomtown, logged back on that character two days later and Babbage was still right there.  I imagine the same applies for Indomitable and Reunion.

Confirmed, Goliath war walker is not soloable.

• 1 month later

August 5, 2022 - So just as my post mentions, players can solo most GMs. So making the GMs harder or something is needed for the rest of us that want to team fight them. Case in point -  I was asking for invite to a Kraken team and then broadcast for ppl to join me to fight, then a player says the following

[05:13] [Local] Blue Idoru: Just waiting to see who comes around. I can kill him solo.

(of course the player had several of the whatever they are called incarnate pets to help.)

Please check into this and see what can be done for more community fun and gameplay.

Thanks!

I have been leading regular monster hunts on Excelsior, Indom and Everlasting for the past few months (trying to get all monster badges on 40+ toons). I have only one complaint. The Paladin construction event is much more rare than the others. I wouldn't mind it SLIGHTLY tweaked. At least on Everlasting and Excel. On Indom, Paladin stays up for days at a time.

As far as people soloing it, I have seen this but it has never been a problem.

Paladin usually runs to the North not far from the Shining Stars NPCs. At least in that part of the map. If there is 3 of him, there can be no more Monstrous Constructions. If there are none of him, the Monstrous Constructions tend to spawn rather frequently from what I see.

8 hours ago, Krimson said:

The only ones I did on my own were regular Eochai and Jurassik.

Ahh, Jurassik. I miss that particular bug from the beta for inventions back during Live. The Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative proc originally had a bug that, when it went off, actually did negative damage to your target, healing it. This was fixed, but badly overcorrected; after the first patch, when it went off, it would do an absurd amount of damage, instantly defeating your target, picking up the nickname 'Touch of Lady Grey: Chance to One-Shot'. And I did, catching Jurassik in Crey's Folly when I was solo, and hitting him with my first attack for “4.183e+13“ points of damage. I was more amused by seeing that CoH automatically rolled over to scientific notation than by the amount of damage I'd done -- there were a number of other players who got bigger hits with it.

• Haha 1