Giant Monster Difficulty

11 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Isn't it 100 at night and he descends to Thorn Isle at day break?

Nope. 100 Spectral Daemons during the day, and he spawns at Sunset. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

I think there should be an event or GM for every zone, this also gives the opportunity to make some Incarnate class GMs.

I had high hopes for the flying spaghetti  hami GM but its just a flying poop balloon. 

4 hours ago, The Larker said:

I think there should be an event or GM for every zone, this also gives the opportunity to make some Incarnate class GMs.

I had high hopes for the flying spaghetti  hami GM but its just a flying poop balloon. 

I've previously suggested adding more, such as the Jade Spider wandering along the coast of some corner of Mercy Island or St Martial. I've also suggested turning Arch Villains or Heroes into GMs, kind of like how Nemesis works in invasions, and have them on the loose somewhere similar to how GMs spawn. 

Avid Monster hunters know that sometimes after a GM fight, Kronos will appear. This has happened to me in Boomtown after Babbage, and another after Giant War Walker (two separate days), Perez after Kraken. And of course sometimes a small army of up to 10 will invade Talos. Heck just stand around Talos, and Kronos will appear at some point.

So what if there were other potential GMs or AVs/Heros as GMs who could spawn after a GM fight as a bonus? Or... what if I signature Hero/Villain showed up and started fighting the GM. Like for instance, you are in a group farming Ghost of Scrapyard, and in one of the fights Mako shows up to "finish the job and end the protest once and for all". Or you finish Eochai, and Jack in Irons appears out of nowhere to join the fun. Or you want to fight Goliath War Walker, and Babbage shows up to fight him. Or you could even have something like an unexpecting hero tagging Sally, and one of Lusca's tentacles shows up to defend her.

All in all, I think beefing up Open World Content would give players another layer of activity. 

• Like 2

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

38 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I've previously suggested adding more, such as the Jade Spider wandering along the coast of some corner of Mercy Island or St Martial. I've also suggested turning Arch Villains or Heroes into GMs, kind of like how Nemesis works in invasions, and have them on the loose somewhere similar to how GMs spawn. 

Avid Monster hunters know that sometimes after a GM fight, Kronos will appear. This has happened to me in Boomtown after Babbage, and another after Giant War Walker (two separate days), Perez after Kraken. And of course sometimes a small army of up to 10 will invade Talos. Heck just stand around Talos, and Kronos will appear at some point.

So what if there were other potential GMs or AVs/Heros as GMs who could spawn after a GM fight as a bonus? Or... what if I signature Hero/Villain showed up and started fighting the GM. Like for instance, you are in a group farming Ghost of Scrapyard, and in one of the fights Mako shows up to "finish the job and end the protest once and for all". Or you finish Eochai, and Jack in Irons appears out of nowhere to join the fun. Or you want to fight Goliath War Walker, and Babbage shows up to fight him. Or you could even have something like an unexpecting hero tagging Sally, and one of Lusca's tentacles shows up to defend her.

All in all, I think beefing up Open World Content would give players another layer of activity. 

Who's Jade Spider?

1 minute ago, The Larker said:

Who's Jade Spider?

LINK

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Larker said:

I've said this already on different threads, and I'll keep saying it each time this comes up. Please, please, please, please, for the love of all that is holy please, NO GMs and events in every zone. Especially not the starter zones. Most of the events in game are ignored as is. And having a GM in every zone, is a nuisance scenario, not an interesting one. Hells, for that matter, there are GMs like Scrapyard that just wander around and players keep running/flying/jumping around his spawn. No calls for team to take him. Just 'Meh. He's back. Again.' Take a stroll through King's Row. See how many Paladins are just standing around because no one bothers with the Monster Construction, let alone Paladin itself. At least Hamidon sees constant use, but that is because of the rewards he gives.

So please no. Hells no. No GMs and events in every zone.

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I've said this already on different threads, and I'll keep saying it each time this comes up. Please, please, please, please, for the love of all that is holy please, NO GMs and events in every zone. Especially not the starter zones. Most of the events in game are ignored as is. And having a GM in every zone, is a nuisance scenario, not an interesting one. Hells, for that matter, there are GMs like Scrapyard that just wander around and players keep running/flying/jumping around his spawn. No calls for team to take him. Just 'Meh. He's back. Again.' Take a stroll through King's Row. See how many Paladins are just standing around because no one bothers with the Monster Construction, let alone Paladin itself. At least Hamidon sees constant use, but that is because of the rewards he gives.

Well if I knew this I would try to flatten them, hell that's easy merits. Maybe someone should start a monster killer club or channel. 

8 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That is why with suggestions like the Jade Spider, I suggest sticking it in a corner, maybe walking along the shore. Put it somewhere out of the way, so that those with a bone to pick actually have to put in an effort to faceplant. The square footage of a Giant Monster, even the Jade Spider, is magnitudes smaller than any zone. My eyesight is pure garbage, and I'd be wearing coke bottle bottoms if polycarbonate didn't exist, and the ONLY Giant Monster you can really just run into by accident is Kraken, because the thing just doesn't have an LOD from a distance. If my garbage eyes can spot GMs, then surely most of the population should be able to see them. 

Just because the game has events that fail to draw players doesn't mean that other things can't exist. 

Just for the Jade Spider being in Mercy Island, a GM that is available whenever anyone wants through Mender Silos already, you still have Kalinda standing there by the trainer. That would be a bit awkward having two Kalindas in the same zone, don't you think? At least the duplicate Ms. Liberty is in a different zone.

As for Kraken being the only GM you can run into by mistake? I told you on your Jade Spider thread I have literally rounded corners in Sharkhead and was only saved by being stealthed and able to dash back around the Corner after effectively face-planting into Scrapyard. Deathsurge is a bit easier to avoid, but I still find myself backpedaling away depending on where he spawned in Cap.

So your argument that the GMs are easy to avoid fails because at least one person playing the game tends to routinely face-plant into them.

14 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Just because the game has events that fail to draw players doesn't mean that other things can't exist. 

Something we can agree on. So lets find things to exist in the game that don't follow the example of things we already have that are routinely ignored.

Scrapyard has FOUR spawn points, and walks a path in between them. That is an issue that is easily resolved with a pair of eyes and an attention span. Nearly every suggestion gets a negative response from you, so I am just going to assume you are being contradictory out of principle. 

I'll avoid the cliche response. Scrapyard also moves across the zone on those set paths. And when he is near a corner or other obstruction so you can't see him until you round that obstruction, yes, you can very much literally run into him. (One of his paths takes him right by that old pirate contact. Until the devs fixed it, another path took him into the black market.) That's fine though. You can discount anything I say. That is up to you. What you can't say is that adding new GMs to a game where the existing GMs are seemingly routinely ignored adds anything but more things for players to ignore.

37 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I'll avoid the cliche response. Scrapyard also moves across the zone on those set paths. And when he is near a corner or other obstruction so you can't see him until you round that obstruction, yes, you can very much literally run into him. (One of his paths takes him right by that old pirate contact. Until the devs fixed it, another path took him into the black market.) That's fine though. You can discount anything I say. That is up to you. What you can't say is that adding new GMs to a game where the existing GMs are seemingly routinely ignored adds anything but more things for players to ignore.

Ghost of Scrappy Doo walking directly into the Black Market isn't entirely fixed.  It still happens very infrequently, not nearly as often prior to "the fix."  I think I've seen it twice since then, and I've farmed him on occasion.  Also, Ghost of Scrappy Doo only exists for 30 minutes after being spawned.  If he isn't defeated after 30 minutes, he despawns.  The only GM I know that despawns if not defeated within a certain time frame.  Probably because it's so easy to spawn him again.

Also, as far as GMs being ignored... yeah.  They seem to be on every shard other than Excelsior.  This whole thread seems to be an Excelsior issue, if I'm frank, not so much a Homecoming issue.  Ironically enough, at least on Torchbearer, the only GM that isn't ignored is Ghost of Scrapyard because he's usually intentionally spawned and quickly dispatched.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Apparition said:

The only GM I know that despawns if not defeated within a certain time frame.

If Kronos is summoned via the Crimson Arc, he will despawn if not engaged after a few minutes. I have totally watched groups take too long forming a league, only for the group to watch him just fade away, while I say nothing. 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Ironically enough, at least on Torchbearer, the only GM that isn't ignored is Ghost of Scrapyard because he's usually intentionally spawned and quickly dispatched.

I may or may not have any idea what you are talking about.  Scrapyard probably spawned 50 times in 2 hours all on his own.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

I may or may not have any idea what you are talking about.  Scrapyard probably spawned 50 times in 2 hours all on his own.

One of the times I soloed Scrapyard, I got an earful for it. About 60 seconds later, I spawned another and just stood there while everyone ELSE fought him. Then I spawned him again while broadcasting to the player, "I can do this all day." 😄 I mean, the zone just gives you 10-20 Enraged Miners at a time.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, PZephregames said:

I would like to see the Giant Monsters difficulty raised so it takes at least 4 players to take it down. When players can solo them at 50, it takes away the fun for others. The Giant Monsters do not spawn quickly enough if this happens. There are too many times when I or others are putting a team together just to have a 50 jump in and ruin it. Also I encounter 50's racing to find the GM just to solo. Just recently I broadcasted in zone. while watching a 50 fight the GM and never got a team invite. I realize the game is not just for me, but that applies to others as well.

Another possible solution may be to have GMs spawn more frequently. Like every 2 hours.

Please address this. Thanks for keeping game alive.

Sorry, the answer is a big hard NO

Giant Monsters aren't soloable by default, and if you manage to discover a build to solo one, whoopty doodily Doo. It's not gonna hurt my feelings anyways, making them stronger will only turn it into an UNNECESSARY nuisance.

On top of that, it would take LONGER for Hammy raids to complete, we don't need that much more needless effort and half an hour added to complete it... Thanks...

And here I thought the GM Difficulty post was going to be about standardizing Reward Merits for the amount of time it usually takes to take one down. How is it that Adamastor's worth 10 + 5 incarnate threads and Lusca's the standard 6?

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

Posted (edited)

Because Adamastor can be summoned on demand, is easier, and takes less time. So of course he is worth more merits. ... hang on... something I said may not make as much sense as anticipated..... 😛

(Is Adamastor seriously worth 10+5?!)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "=" to "+".

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2022 at 4:42 PM, Panthonca7034 said:

Sorry, the answer is a big hard NO

Giant Monsters aren't soloable by default, and if you manage to discover a build to solo one, whoopty doodily Doo. It's not gonna hurt my feelings anyways, making them stronger will only turn it into an UNNECESSARY nuisance.

On top of that, it would take LONGER for Hammy raids to complete, we don't need that much more needless effort and half an hour added to complete it... Thanks...

I took a big chunk out of Babbage on my weakest Blaster before the cavalry arrived to help. The OP is doomed. 😀

I just took out Boomtown Babbage on my Rad/Atom Blaster. Sorry.

Edited by Krimson

9 hours ago, Milk Sheik said:

And here I thought the GM Difficulty post was going to be about standardizing Reward Merits for the amount of time it usually takes to take one down. How is it that Adamastor's worth 10 + 5 incarnate threads and Lusca's the standard 6?

1 per tentacle and 5 for the head !

MNeE7.jpg.8ea3deb45c511d8f50f5c357e8810eea.jpg

On 6/1/2022 at 3:44 PM, Rudra said:

I don't think the Paladin gives any merits. At least, I've never gotten any merits from defeating the actual Paladin.

Just did this within... the last hour perhaps. Verified, 6 merits awarded.

2022-06-08 14:38:25 <Player> has defeated Paladin
2022-06-08 14:38:25 You gain 246 experience.
2022-06-08 14:38:25 You received Keen Insight.
2022-06-08 14:38:25 You received 6 units of Reward Merit.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.