Missing P2W Powers?

No, this isn't a thread about some mysterious bug so hang onto your "wrong sub-forum" replies. I saw you warming up the keyboard 😜

I'm curious about some stuff that was available on the Paragon Market in the live version of the game but didn't make it over to the P2W vendor. Or, if they did come through, were altered in some way. I'm talking about things like the Panther shapeshift (It used to grant a unique stealth power but now it doesn't), the various model replacement powers (Gone altogether), etc. None of these were game breaking. They were just neat little things that let us be more creative with our toons. 

Other than the Devs just not feeling like it, does anybody know why some of the old Paragon Market items aren't available and if there are any plans to bring them back? 

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

15 minutes ago, Timeshadow said:

No, this isn't a thread about some mysterious bug so hang onto your "wrong sub-forum" replies. I saw you warming up the keyboard 😜

I'm curious about some stuff that was available on the Paragon Market in the live version of the game but didn't make it over to the P2W vendor. Or, if they did come through, were altered in some way. I'm talking about things like the Panther shapeshift (It used to grant a unique stealth power but now it doesn't), the various model replacement powers (Gone altogether), etc. None of these were game breaking. They were just neat little things that let us be more creative with our toons. 

Other than the Devs just not feeling like it, does anybody know why some of the old Paragon Market items aren't available and if there are any plans to bring them back? 

Make sure to uncheck "Recipes missing ingredients" in the bottom right tab then go to Prestige Powers, Travel, then the Shapeshift drop down:

image.png.e259d2a45f9632e09be98d0bb899412a.png

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

@Glacier Peak I think you misunderstood. I know the Panther transformation is available. What I was saying is that it's different from the original version available on live.

In the live version, transforming let you access a form exclusive power (Panther Stealth or something like that). The P2W version still turns you into a big cat and gives you the associated movement speed bonuses, but the stealth power has disappeared. It just no longer exists for reasons that, as far as I'm aware, have never been explained. It's not the only P2W power that's vanished in the transition from live to Homecoming.

Edited by Timeshadow
  • Thumbs Up 1

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

28 minutes ago, Timeshadow said:

@Glacier Peak I think you misunderstood. I know the Panther transformation is available. What I was saying is that it's different from the original version available on live.

In the live version, transforming let you access a form exclusive power (Panther Stealth or something like that). The P2W version still turns you into a big cat and gives you the associated movement speed bonuses, but the stealth power has disappeared. It just no longer exists for reasons that, as far as I'm aware, have never been explained. It's not the only P2W power that's vanished in the transition from live to Homecoming.

Yeah that went over my head, cheers!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

image.thumb.png.5b2be93b80a76cb44c5f4077c68aac76.png

Stealth is available from the P2W vendor. Seems the stuff is still there, just in a different order. Everything is unlocked for all players. Looks like HC got this one covered for the minor game system it is.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Yeah, the transformative temps took some teeny tweaks. They're reasonably equal to each other, for better or worse.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, biostem said:

I think the OP means this instead of this.

Yes, this is exactly what I meant. Some Paragon Market powers were removed or altered in the transition to P2W and I'm just wondering if anyone knows why. 

I think some powers needed to lose a bit of functionality when going from real pay to win over to free p2w.  Not every character was intended to have a mobile stealth power without the investment of a power pick.  I think this change was necessary so people wouldnt be expected to pop their stealth powers and run to the end of the mission every time.  Perhaps stealth toggles could be allowed while using it some day so players with stealth abilities could be sneaky panthers again.

• 2 weeks later
On 6/2/2022 at 9:23 PM, Techwright said:

What were these?

Essentially, they were permanent versions of the powers we get for Trick-or-Treating. They were toggles that swapped your character model with a specific enemy NPC.

Most of them came from contests or special rewards for attending IRL events but a few of them were available for purchase on the Paragon Market for a limited time. Perfect thing if you wanted to do a shapeshifter concept or just for RP purposes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:13 AM, TheZag said:

I think some powers needed to lose a bit of functionality when going from real pay to win over to free p2w.  Not every character was intended to have a mobile stealth power without the investment of a power pick.  I think this change was necessary so people wouldnt be expected to pop their stealth powers and run to the end of the mission every time.  Perhaps stealth toggles could be allowed while using it some day so players with stealth abilities could be sneaky panthers again.

I see what you mean but every player had access to the Concealment pool anyway so it's not like the panther power was doing something gamebreaking. It even turned off all your other toggles so you couldn't stack it with something like Super Speed or a +Stealth IO. If you stood too close to mobs they'd open fire on you regardless. 

2 hours ago, Timeshadow said:

I see what you mean but every player had access to the Concealment pool anyway so it's not like the panther power was doing something gamebreaking. It even turned off all your other toggles so you couldn't stack it with something like Super Speed or a +Stealth IO. If you stood too close to mobs they'd open fire on you regardless. 

No, but it did even it out with the Coyote travel power. Given there's not really an investment needed for either (versus "here, you've been paying us money" on live,) it shouldn't be surprising...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.