Armor Set with Decent Endurance Drain Protection and Knockback Resistance

Apparition

3 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Why is electric armor out?

I want something to tank the MLTF with, and Electric Armor would need a minimum of 42 points of knockback protection (with the red tower down), to not be knocked back by Lord Recluse.  And hovering is no longer an option with his new -fly power.

Edited by Apparition

Just now, Apparition said:

I want something to tank the MLTF with, and Electric Armor would need a minimum of 42 points of knockback protection (with the red tower down), to not be knocked back by Lord Recluse.

Are you opposed to getting hover?  Reason i ask is i have tanked that at least 100 times on my Rad Elec Brute and never had any issues tanking Recluse - Hover will allow him to remain stationary but cut a flip in mid air to mitigate the KB.

Elec is a beast in that TF for me traditionally though - and Recluse' channelgun wont phase your endurance.

Just now, Infinitum said:

Are you opposed to getting hover?  Reason i ask is i have tanked that at least 100 times on my Rad Elec Brute and never had any issues tanking Recluse - Hover will allow him to remain stationary but cut a flip in mid air to mitigate the KB.

Elec is a beast in that TF for me traditionally though - and Recluse' channelgun wont phase your endurance.

As I edited in, hovering is no longer an option.  That's what I used to do, but as of Page Three, Lord Recluse now has an attack that does -fly which will immediately ground you.  Then knockback city.

Just now, Apparition said:

As I edited in, hovering is no longer an option.  That's what I used to do, but as of Page Three, Lord Recluse now has an attack that does -fly which will immediately ground you.  Then knockback city.

Ah wasn't aware of that - hadn't tanked him with elec since before that.

Im not near a computer. How many pts of kb protection does grounded get?

Just now, Infinitum said:

Ah wasn't aware of that - hadn't tanked him with elec since before that.

Im not near a computer. How many pts of kb protection does grounded get?

15.  Most of my Elec Armor builds have anywhere between 25 and 29 with set bonuses and KB protection IOs.  For reference, here is Lord Recluse's newest addition:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=v_arachnos.lord_recluse_ssf.web_cocoon&at=boss_archvillain

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

15.  Most of my Elec Armor builds have anywhere between 25 and 29 with set bonuses and KB protection IOs.  For reference, here is Lord Recluse's newest addition:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=v_arachnos.lord_recluse_ssf.web_cocoon&at=boss_archvillain

How insidious of him.  lol. Wouldn't have it any other way.

What about acrobatics combined with what you already have?

Keep in mind kb resistance with kb protection. A lot of sets come with 99% kb resistance, so 1 KB protection turns into 100 KB protection.

I would recommend stone. It has a lot of energy drain resistance (86.5%) with rooted and plenty of kb protection (10 kb with 99% resistance makes for 1000 kb protection).

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

35 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that power looks like it's giving you 100 mag kb protection 

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

I want something to tank the MLTF with, and Electric Armor would need a minimum of 42 points of knockback protection (with the red tower down), to not be knocked back by Lord Recluse.  And hovering is no longer an option with his new -fly power.

Really? CoD said something like I only need mag 18, and I easily tanked LR a week or so ago with just that on Electric armor…. Maybe I have always had outside protection (Increase Density? IDK) but I have never been knocked back on an Electric tank with Grounded plus a couple other KB protection bonuses??

IMO you want Electric or Radiation Armor vs Lord Recluse. Stone has too little energy resistance. You’d be reliant on support or lots of inspirations.

If someone could help me interpret CoD’s KB mags for LR that would be great 🙂 My squad never destroys red tower btw.

Edited by arcane

47 minutes ago, Apparition said:

And hovering is no longer an option with his new -fly power.

You could use hover, evasive maneuvers and Hypersonic IO to withstand the -10 fly

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that power looks like it's giving you 100 mag kb protection 

It gives mag -100 knockback protection, but +10,000% knockback resistance, which I just read as canceling each other out, which I thought was odd.  I could be (and it looks like) that I was wrong.

I could have sworn that I saw a Dark Armor Tanker get knocked around after Page Three went live, so between that and the above I just never tried it and deleted my Electric Armor characters.

Hrm...  May be time to power level another Electric Armor character and see.

36 minutes ago, arcane said:

Really? CoD said something like I only need mag 18, and I easily tanked LR a week or so ago with just that on Electric armor…. Maybe I have always had outside protection (Increase Density? IDK) but I have never been knocked back on an Electric tank with Grounded plus a couple other KB protection bonuses??

IMO you want Electric or Radiation Armor vs Lord Recluse. Stone has too little energy resistance. You’d be reliant on support or lots of inspirations.

If someone could help me interpret CoD’s KB mags for LR that would be great 🙂 My squad never destroys red tower btw.

I know at least prior to Page Three, I've tried tanking Lord Recluse with 31 points of knockback protection between IOs and the Defense Amplifier, and no go.  He just kept knocking me around silly.  Increase Density would do it.  Back on live, I always teamed with a Kin that spammed Increase Density on me, so I never got knocked back.  On Homecoming, that hasn't been an option so I'd get knocked back silly.

10 minutes ago, Apparition said:

could have sworn that I saw a Dark Armor Tanker get knocked around after Page Three went live, so between that and the above I just never tried it and deleted my Electric Armor characters.

Perhaps web cocoon missed, and they didn't have the protection/resistance applied. 

But yeah, Electric Armor should do fine, so would Stone Armor (my energy defense is typically softcapped so most of the end drain misses altogether, but resisting 86.5% of it when it does hit).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/4/2022 at 5:47 PM, Bopper said:

Keep in mind kb resistance with kb protection. A lot of sets come with 99% kb resistance, so 1 KB protection turns into 100 KB protection.

I would recommend stone. It has a lot of energy drain resistance (86.5%) with rooted and plenty of kb protection (10 kb with 99% resistance makes for 1000 kb protection).

Yes.

Stone is the Guv'nor.

Excellent armour set.

Azrael.

On 6/4/2022 at 6:40 PM, arcane said:

Well either way, Radiation Armor is probably the best choice here if Electric is going to have any issues at all.

Elec Armour will get knocked back/over if you jump and are attacked mid-jump.  (Pretty embarrassing.)  Apart from that it's a great set and one of my favourite tanks.  (Just need to boost the S*L Res' with Tough.)

Azrael.