Weekly Strike Targets - how are they chosen?

Techwright

Weekly Strike Targets (or Weekly Task Forces if you like) why are some chosen and others not?  I was invited to a Mender Lazarus Task Force the other week. I couldn't recall if I'd ever run through it before, but I found it quite enjoyable.  I inquired of my teammates why it was not in the weekly list, and no one could clarify for me.

So what allows one task/strike force to make the cut while another does not?

Pretty sure none of the 'task forces' given out by the Menders are actually considered 'task forces'.

I know at least some allow people to join part-way through, making them just mission arcs.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

Pretty sure none of the 'task forces' given out by the Menders are actually considered 'task forces'.

I know at least some allow people to join part-way through, making them just mission arcs.

Hmm...if that's accurate, the Wiki really needs to be updated to reflect that.  All 3:  Twilight's Son/Tesseract, Lazarus, and Silos are straight up listed as Task Forces, and show an "Agree to Form a Task Force" condition, though the Wiki does state that they don't receive traditional task force badges due to their shorter content.

9 hours ago, Ironblade said:

The four given by the menders were classed as Task Forces when they were first introduced but had the unique (at the time) freedom of being able to run them without a team.  At some point between sunset and score they were changed and added to the Pillar's arc selection.  I'm not sure if they're still classed as TFs, they may have a similar logic to the signature story arcs where flashbacks are concerned now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Unlike regular task forces, the AVs in the Ouro task forces scale down to EBs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I think they should expand the Weeklies to other arcs and not just Task/Strike Forces. I've been playing constantly for 3 years now and I still come across arcs (and good ones, at that) that I've never done before. I dunno, just to create some awareness as to what some people may be missing. Sure most of them will not have an AV/EB at the end, but the merits should be reward enough--and some of them give a buttload of merits, too. So imagine doubling them, or maybe reward with a purple recipe???

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/18/2022 at 8:31 AM, Six-Six said:

I think they should expand the Weeklies to other arcs and not just Task/Strike Forces. I've been playing constantly for 3 years now and I still come across arcs (and good ones, at that) that I've never done before. I dunno, just to create some awareness as to what some people may be missing. Sure most of them will not have an AV/EB at the end, but the merits should be reward enough--and some of them give a buttload of merits, too. So imagine doubling them, or maybe reward with a purple recipe???

I would put in a second rotation, and call it Weekly Strike Arcs, or such, and rotate through arcs at all levels, both red and blue. In any given week, you would have the WST and the WSA, and they would be on cycles of different lengths, too.  Of course you'd have to allow these to be done through Ouroboros, but IMO, doing an arc at native level with a team leader who has the contact ought to give an even better reward. Maybe double merits for Ouro, and triple for native contact at level.

• Thumbs Up 2