Current Veteran levels should be added to Characters on login page.

Not something I use or would really care about, but I can see where others would. Wouldn't argue with it as part of an overall character screen revamp  (which would really be nice in general.)

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

If I want to know what veteran level my character is, how much influence they have, or how many emp merits or the like they have, I just log in to the game as them.

Does it need to be easier than that?

• Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

If I want to know what veteran level my character is, how much influence they have, or how many emp merits or the like they have, I just log in to the game as them.

Yes, because it's time consuming in a completely wasteful way and I say that only having 70 alts. Much less the hundreds that others boast.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Yes, because it's time consuming in a completely wasteful way and I say that only having 70 alts. Much less the hundreds that others boast.

Agreed Im rocking like 50 ish myself and it would be a real Quality of life thing

11 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

So the need is so great that knowing what all 70 alts or more have at all times is important? Can't players just track that themselves? 

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

So the need is so great that knowing what all 70 alts or more have at all times is important? Can't players just track that themselves? 

That is why it's called a "Quality of life" request. Yes, a player CAN stick it in notepad or a spreadsheet. But some feel it would be nice to see on the login screen.

• Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, Greycat said:

That is why it's called a "Quality of life" request. Yes, a player CAN stick it in notepad or a spreadsheet. But some feel it would be nice to see on the login screen.

But it doesn't benefit me, a fellow player, so that's why I asked why other players could just do it themselves if they wanted to know that information. Quality of life requests should benefit the entire player base. If I had 70 alts (I have more like 30 maybe) and I wanted to know how much each was worth I could log in to find out then write it down or put it in a spreadsheet. 

• Confused 1

I would be fine with it if it doesnt impact server performance.  It would probably need to be a client side file like playerslot.txt.  A playerdata.txt file that records those stats on logout to display on the character select screen so the server isnt loading all your stats for every character multiple times as you click around the character screen.  It would mean logging each character in once to populate the file but with the recent database bottlenecks mostly affecting excelsior,  i wouldnt want anything that may cause additional unnecessary strain on the systems.

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Do you find it “easy” (as in not burdensome) to log in to 100+ alts in a day just because you’re scrounging for some cash or a transcendent merit? 

Say no to a QoL improvement, but acting like maintaining a very detailed spreadsheet every single day is every bit as good as an alternative strikes me as a little ridiculous.

I will live without this change but I sure as hell will not track every 1 influence, every merit, and every vet level manually. I often switch characters every 25 minutes or so nearly every night. Do you think I want this to be a fulltime bookkeeping job, or a game?

Edited by arcane

5 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

But it doesn't benefit me, a fellow player

So what? That's not a prerequisite for asking for something.

People who don't RP don't need emotes showing up in an easy menu, or any sort of designator like a purple name showing up either. Yet we have them.

Null the Gull giving Praetorian badge progress doesn't benefit me - I don't care. yet we have it.

Badge lists showing progress doesn't benefit me - I'm not a badger - but we have it.

Should we have to ask if EVERY SINGLE REQUEST benefits EVERY SINGLE PLAYER before considering it? If so, might as well stop developing the game right now, since it'll never happen.

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

Do you find it “easy” (as in not burdensome) to log in to 100+ alts in a day just because you’re scrounging for some cash or a transcendent merit?

I don't have that many, but for the sake of discussion I have one character that maintains all of my stuff and has their own base to drop things in, along with email to themselves. 

If I had 100 of those characters, I'd be wondering what I'm doing not concentrating my wealth because the game doesn't have, nor has ever had a character "treasure" counter to tell me what each is worth. 

But no, it would be not easy given your question - 100 characters would take some time to login and check, I'll give you that. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

6 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I don't have that many, but for the sake of discussion I have one character that maintains all of my stuff and has their own base to drop things in, along with email to themselves. 

If I had 100 of those characters, I'd be wondering what I'm doing not concentrating my wealth because the game doesn't have, nor has ever had a character "treasure" counter to tell me what each is worth. 

But no, it would be not easy given your question - 100 characters would take some time to login and check, I'll give you that. 

I’d be more inclined to concentrate my wealth more perfectly if I knew where the rest of it was without logging in to all my characters.

I do transfer inf to my main most of the time but it’s not practical to transfer all merits every time you play because of the way they are a designed to be a pain to transfer unless you have exactly 50 of something. And all of this still leaves vet levels on the table.

Do you email every single merit you have every time you switch, or are you telling me your assets are poorly consolidated? 😉 

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are. 

Your argument is "It doesn't benefit me."  Implying that since it doesn't, it shouldn't be done.

I've pointed out several other things that don't' benefit certain groups of people, yet were done and are in the game.

So, again, so what if it doesn't benefit you personally. Why should that be an argument against those it would?

Mind you, it also wouldn't benefit *me,* since I don't care about VLs one way or the other - as I said in my first response - but that doesn't prevent me from saying "Hey, if it would help someone else, sure."

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I’d be more inclined to concentrate my wealth more perfectly if I knew where the rest of it was without logging in to all my characters.

I do transfer inf to my main most of the time but it’s not practical to transfer all merits every time you play because of the way they are a designed to be a pain to transfer unless you have exactly 50 of something. And all of this still leaves vet levels on the table.

Do you email every single merit you have every time you switch, or are you telling me your assets are poorly consolidated? 😉 

Definitely not rolling in influence - I don't have a lot of merits to begin with. When I do get merits from gameplay I either convert them to converters and sell or use them to buy boosters. I've built up a decent amount of IOs though. Other than that, my in game wealth is very liquid. If I need a large sum, around 700 million influence to deck out a character, I'll just farm it. 

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Definitely not rolling in influence - I don't have a lot of merits to begin with. When I do get merits from gameplay I either convert them to converters and sell or use them to buy boosters. I've built up a decent amount of IOs though. Other than that, my in game wealth is very liquid. If I need a large sum, around 700 million influence to deck out a character, I'll just farm it. 

Same on that, I don’t have much in savings but it’d be nice to be able to scan everyone quickly for pennies. Never more than 2 billion tops in cash on hand when you’re slotting or respecing a couple new builds a week.

My builds never cost me less than a billion tho 🧐

Edited by arcane

4 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Your argument is "It doesn't benefit me."  Implying that since it doesn't, it shouldn't be done.

I've pointed out several other things that don't' benefit certain groups of people, yet were done and are in the game.

So, again, so what if it doesn't benefit you personally. Why should that be an argument against those it would?

Mind you, it also wouldn't benefit *me,* since I don't care about VLs one way or the other - as I said in my first response - but that doesn't prevent me from saying "Hey, if it would help someone else, sure."

It's not an argument, its a discussion. And I've not said whether I am for or against this suggestion, so what makes you think I need convincing?

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Same on that, I don’t have much in savings but it’d be nice to be able to scan everyone quickly for pennies. Never more than 2 billion tops in cash on hand when you’re slotting or respecing a couple new builds a week.

My builds never cost me less than a billion tho 🧐

Yeah, 700 mill inf would be before boosters, so more likely around 1 bill inf (and I catalyze every proc/global bonus too like a weirdo!). That's usually what I figure each of my characters is worth, depending on the market +-100 mill inf.

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

It's not an argument, its a discussion. And I've not said whether I am for or against this suggestion, so what makes you think I need convincing?

24 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

But it doesn't benefit me, a fellow player, so that's why I asked why other players could just do it themselves if they wanted to know that information. Quality of life requests should benefit the entire player base.

Because this is you. And your premise for this statement is flawed, as already pointed out. QOL should not "have to benefit the entire player base." Why? Because not all players care about the same things.

• Thumbs Up 2