Why is it that every time I do the Flux arc in The Hollows, everyone leaves right after Frostfire?

Diantane

I had a blast running the later arcs in The Hollows during my time in HC. Doing them solo can be a challenge. Atta is just a long haul which I don't recommend to do solo. It is another XP dump similar to FF. The last mission can be rather annoying and hard for lowbies and more so depending on what version of the map you get. I did get a couple people to stick around after FF and we plowed through at least one arc if not close to the final two.

The Hollows was the zone I hung out with players during my first weekend playing the game around i4-i5 time frame. It will forever have a special place in my heart because that was the time where I just feel in love with the game.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

If you recruit people specifically to run Frostfire, most of the people you'll get are there to run Frostfire. They aren't there to follow you into a new zone and pursue a new arc. It might be because they only budgeted enough time for that one mission. It might be because they want to stay in the Hollows. It might be hundreds of things.  If you want players who'll stick with you for a long time, you should make sure to spell that out in your recruitment. It'll take longer to fill the team but you'll have a better chance of getting the kind of players you want to team with.

On 7/4/2022 at 12:43 PM, Diantane said:

Its like at a wedding reception and the cake is cut, everyone goes home after that.

Unless there's an open bar.  There's your problem.  No booze in the next arc.  You think those are ice slides for playing on?  Nope.  They're ice sculptures to pour vodka into your mouth.

On 7/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, TheZag said:

Yes,  not myself but i know someone that will get 3 to 6 characters the FF mission and keep alting and running it over and over.

Back on live, I would create a character and run him thru Atlas Park and The Hollows to meet new players to recruit for my SG.

Then I would delete and recreate the same character to do it again.

He was MA/regen and was named Dr. Smacky.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.