Why does every TF have to be a +0 snooze fest?

19 hours ago, FungalGrowth said:

Happened again last night on Posi 2. 

I guess I've been leading too many lately or on teams with considerate teammates.

I alway have Team Teleporter and mission teleporter, so I tend to be the zone pretty quickly.

Since you experienced it, you should post a bug report.

I'll keep an eye out and see if it happens to me next time I run on or I am on a Posi 2 team.

Is it possible that moving into a hazard zone is disrupting things somehow?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

'Snoozefest' is definitely in the eye of the beholder here.  Outside of rare occasions, the outcome of a TF is never in doubt; you're going to win.  Going for a time attack can add challenge to the mix, especially to otherwise stale content.  I get that it's not for everyone though.

On 7/10/2022 at 11:34 AM, FungalGrowth said:

Seems like every TF I join is set to +0 and then they skip half or more of it on top of that.  It's really not fun when every TF is unchallenging and shortcut to the nth degree.  Low reward, low fun.  It's so bad that I find myself not joining TF's that I need because I know it will almost certainly be some "speed run".  So I don't join and run it myself later. 

Which brings up my 2nd complaint.  Please fix the stupid difficulty bug where if the leader is not in the zone when someone enters the mission, the difficulty is NOT set to the leader's chosen difficulty.  I lead lots of TF's (because I hate the low reward, low fun speedy runs), but even when I am leader the difficulty still ends up being +0 on many of the missions because someone with a team teleport or mission teleport ends up getting into the mission before I can get into the zone.  This happens most frequently with team teleport when I am in the "2nd wave" of people teleported but also happens when I have a delivery to do and the rest of the team uses team teleport while I am in the delivery zone.  Very annoying.   

What?  When I run a TF, I'm never at +0.  Always +1 minimum.  That said, I never form Shadow Shard ones.

I run ITFs every time I play. I always advertise in chat that it will be a kill most. I usually set it to +3 or +4 depending on the team composition and may adjust after the first mission. 

Once the team is full, I reiterate that it is a kill most and not a speed run. Once we get inside the first mission, I once again say it’s a kill most and not a speed run. Then if anyone tries to start speeding through I just kick them. 

I have only ever had to kick someone once. Usually players are more than happy to do a kill most. In almost every run, when I do the first reiteration of “this is a kill most” I get a response along the lines of “Yes! Those are the best anyway!”  

Don’t be afraid to advertise your own groups and let people know it’s a kill most. In my experience, people enjoy them. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just to show the other way around, we started an ITF yesterday on +4 (at lvl 50) , chugged along get annoyed by Romans defensive overpower finished 1st mission, we agreed to lower it to+2 for 2nd mission, and ran 3rd and 4th mission at +1.

Did we have to, no we managed to finish the +4 mission, was it fun.. nah it felt like to slow,... the later missions were fun... we was joking in chat about it, made fun etc.. so in summary we just had a good time. And basically that's what a game should be about.

Its all in the Eye of the Viewer.

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

On 7/10/2022 at 12:34 PM, FungalGrowth said:

Seems like every TF I join is set to +0 and then they skip half or more of it on top of that.  It's really not fun when every TF is unchallenging and shortcut to the nth degree.  Low reward, low fun.  It's so bad that I find myself not joining TF's that I need because I know it will almost certainly be some "speed run".  So I don't join and run it myself later. 

If speed runs make me mad I just start my own.  I have been known to run like a +4/8 Yin and it is a LOT of fun

On 7/16/2022 at 12:09 AM, Saikochoro said:

I run ITFs every time I play. I always advertise in chat that it will be a kill most. I usually set it to +3 or +4 depending on the team composition and may adjust after the first mission. 

I think Speed ITFs are the one I hate most

Kill most all the way

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished a 2HR plus +4 Aeon run on Torch and it was super fun. It got really grindy at times but  I think everyone enjoyed themselves for the most part.
+0 is pretty fine though if you are running a pick-up group or you want to speed.

On 7/10/2022 at 6:34 PM, FungalGrowth said:

Which brings up my 2nd complaint.  Please fix the stupid difficulty bug where if the leader is not in the zone when someone enters the mission, the difficulty is NOT set to the leader's chosen difficulty.  I lead lots of TF's (because I hate the low reward, low fun speedy runs), but even when I am leader the difficulty still ends up being +0 on many of the missions because someone with a team teleport or mission teleport ends up getting into the mission before I can get into the zone.  This happens most frequently with team teleport when I am in the "2nd wave" of people teleported but also happens when I have a delivery to do and the rest of the team uses team teleport while I am in the delivery zone.  Very annoying.   

i run most of my TFs with the enemies buffed option even if i’m running on +0. the extra enemy accuracy and damage gives things that oldschool CoH feel

It's funny how different people's experience can be. Speedies are done at +0 because it's much faster with pugs and costs less resources for the same reward. A +4 speedy isn't actually harder and if everyone on the team is an experienced speeder, it's only slightly slower than a +0. (some won't be any slower at all). The main issue is that in a pug team a +4 speedy is simply boring (and sometimes even frustrating). If you end up with a team that has people not used to speeding it can take up to twice as long without actually being any more difficult. Or even worse, if you have very little debuff and damage some AVs can take over 5 minutes to kill sometimes. And it's not that the fight is hard, you're just doing your attack chain over and over while his health slowly goes down; in most of these kinds of AV fights you don't even have to be looking at your screen to complete them.

If you want a reference point for what I'm saying try doing a lot of tinpex. Tinpex is pretty close to being a kill all and is forced to be played at +4. If you get a bad team, it can have many wipes and take 30+ minutes for each task force. On the other hand, if you have a solid speed team you can complete each TF in under 7 minutes. Tinpex is actually one of the easier speedies and many people of the speed community don't like doing it because they find it boring (I do like it by the way).

I'm not taking a shot at +4KM TFs or even +4 speedies here by the way. If you enjoy that you should certainly do those like many people have said. I'm just trying to give some insight into the experience of the people who do these +0 speedies and how many actually hold the same opinion you have of +0 content when it comes to +4 content. Luckily everyone can choose what they form or join or even switch between the two depending on their mood. 

• Thumbs Up 1