Focused Feedback: Advanced Difficulty Improvements & New Reward Currency

13 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I get what you’re trying to say, but because you dont play endgame, you have no idea how difficult this content ACTUALLY is.

Let me tell you as someone who does? It’s not easy and folks wont be steamrolling through it. 

Also, the fact I can just trade the PAPs means this would be invalidated immediately as a solution

yeah it’s pretty intense - the first time i did an ASF on relentless with a fully incarnate’d team i think we had 70+ deaths per team member, 4 hours later

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I haven't posted on this thread yet because I don't play end-game content very often.

Even though I don't play the end-game, due to the way that many players are currently playing City of Heroes, I think is very important to give end-game players time-consuming content to keep them busy.

I would reduce rewards and/or increase the new currency cost of unlocks in order to increase the time needed to complete all the rewards. I say this, because I think it is clear that at least some players are going to try to steamroll through unlocking everything they can as quickly as possible.  Making it too easy to complete defeats the reason for the addition of the content.

I'm pretty sure that this currency is going to be setup so it can't be traded between characters, and I do think that is the best way to handle this kind of content.

I know you and I don't see eye to eye on a number of things. But, may I encourage you to copy one of your characters to Brainstorm and just take a peek at this content? I think you'll find it's plenty difficult as is. It certainly doesn't need to be longer. Took my SG 2 hours to complete, and we had to auto-complete against the two robots because we simply didn't have the dps. (it was essentially a come as you are circumstance, no attention was paid to team comp, rather the intent was to just explain the different nuances to folks who'd not been through it before. ) 

Well over 100 defeats. Over 2 hours. 

And the currency will be tradeable. And it won't be that expensive, given how it will drop after weekly tfs as well as the Aeon and the ITF. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Patch notes for page 3 read:

• The Incarnate merit rewards for Advanced Difficulty have been replaced with Reward Merits.

What are "Incarnate merit rewards"? Is this referring to Empyrean merits? If so that seems like a big deal and doesn't seem to be mentioned in the release notes proper.

If it's referring to something else, I can't figure out what.

PS. I haven't exhaustively read everything about page 4 so maybe I missed it, but I did try to do a search and came up empty.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:21 AM, UltraAlt said:

I'm pretty sure that this currency is going to be setup so it can't be traded between characters, and I do think that is the best way to handle this kind of content so that players can't farm the rewards and pass them along to other characters.

If you absolutely must comment on changes you've not tested to a portion of the game that does not hold your interest, the very least you could have done is to read the patch notes.

On 7/12/2022 at 11:00 AM, The Curator said:

Prismatic Aether Particle salvage is not account-bound and can be freely traded to other players, sold on the auction house, or stored in supergroup base salvage storage bins.

Emphasis from the original.

Edited by InvaderStych
redone and cleaned up
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 minute ago, InvaderStych said:

If you absolutely must comment on changes you've not tested to a portion of the game that does not hold your interest, the very least you could have done is to read the patch notes.

Emphasis from the original.

Thank you for this 😂

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

12 hours ago, KeepDistance said:

What are "Incarnate merit rewards"? Is this referring to Empyrean merits? If so that seems like a big deal and doesn't seem to be mentioned in the release notes proper.

Believe it means Emps/Astrals because by the time you do HMs you should be done with Incarnates or nearly so.

The reward merits get beefed up (a bit) now in return since the Emp to Reward merit conversion is gone.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

On 7/16/2022 at 7:07 PM, arthurh35353 said:

I would really like to think that not that many people are going to want to run the hardest content in the game for very old/clunky transmog models. I can't even think of 1 of my 20-30 characters that would even want one.

Good news, you don't have to do any Hard Mode TFs to get the Aether currency if you don't want to. It'll take longer to get without doing them, sure, but let's not pretend they only drop from Hard Mode TFs.

iTrials are a breeze unless doing some badge runs and can get you 3.
1-2 star HM TFs aren't Hard-Hard, but 3-4 star give you the most because they require the most effort.

That's it so far, but they'll be observing things on how much hits the market etc.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 hour ago, kawless said:

Can't use Large inspirations? What good are they then? I have to empty my tray every time I try a hard mode?

fortunately you wont need to empty the tray, the insps you hold will become greyed out and unusable whilst the challenge is in progress

On 8/18/2022 at 12:11 PM, Starforge said:

Good news, you don't have to do any Hard Mode TFs to get the Aether currency if you don't want to. It'll take longer to get without doing them, sure, but let's not pretend they only drop from Hard Mode TFs.

And that actually misses the points that the iTrials and the Aeon SF even on non-hard mode are where these rewards are being placed. 😕