Triage Beacon / Spirit Tree

JayboH

Would love to see these two abilities become better.  The recharge is crazy on these.  I know, the sets they are in already have their strengths.  Triage Beacon and Spirit Tree are basically the same power outside of graphics.

I would love to see the regen boost strength stay the same but have the recharge cut in half if not more.

Other suggestions in the past was to add recovery to it as well, but that is likely over the top as far as Plant goes, and maybe not as crazy on Traps.

I think my main desire is to just have it available every fight or every other fight, non-stackable from the same caster.  300% regen is nothing to sneeze at for a 40 ft radius (enhanced, defender values on Triage.)  I would rather have a droppable click than a toggle as it is now, location-based rather than an aura, etc. 

Triage Beacon's visuals really don't match well with the rest of the set.  It looks like it was ripped out of some mystical Egyptian technology.  I'd rather it be more militaristic / scientific like the rest.  EDIT:  Spirit Tree is gorgeous as-is.

Edited by JayboH
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

1 hour ago, JayboH said:

They can be - by different casters - in my concept.

They can be stacked by both the same caster and different casters right now.  What I'm seeing is a nerf in your suggestion.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

42 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

I always wished Triage Beacon had an absolutely huge area of effect. And that somehow if you died, you teleported back to where you placed it.

Ooh! Sounds fun. The larger radius at least would mean my pets following me would actually be in the radius of effect instead standing outside of it bleeding to death. (I typically have to run around to draw my pets into the triage beacon radius because they for some reason like to not enter it. Or run out out of it after I get them in.) Not so sure about the teleport back to beacon upon defeat though. Usually I'm defeated at the beacon. And if I'm not, it doesn't matter because I'm hosping anyway.

8 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Ooh! Sounds fun. The larger radius at least would mean my pets following me would actually be in the radius of effect instead standing outside of it bleeding to death. (I typically have to run around to draw my pets into the triage beacon radius because they for some reason like to not enter it. Or run out out of it after I get them in.) Not so sure about the teleport back to beacon upon defeat though. Usually I'm defeated at the beacon. And if I'm not, it doesn't matter because I'm hosping anyway.

Mainly I was thinking that you would place Triage Beacon near the entrance, then it would basically boost your Regen for the entirety of the level, without you needing to replace them too often or worry about the range. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menelruin said:

Honestly, most of the Traps set needs to be given the Faraday Cage treatment. 

I could see lowering Acid Mortar's and Poison Trap's cooldown if they didn't stack with themselves.  Trip Mine is fine.  Time Bomb could become the Omega Maneuver but put (them both) on a 300 sec timer instead of a 360 second timer, that way it is up nearly every other standard blast nuke.  Key is to remove that insane interrupt and activation time since Trip Mine already exists.  I guess it also kind of depends on how they are going to try to fight proc bombs which they have hinted at a few times.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Menelruin said:

Honestly, most of the Traps set needs to be given the Faraday Cage treatment. 

I keep hoping that it might get the /Devices treatment. Not replacing the entire set with Devices, but maybe exchanging out some of the powers. Like, I feel like the auto turret would be a way better T9 than the current one that's basically considered useless. Some version of the sustain and/or accuracy drone thing would be cool as well, but I'm not sure if that's asking for too much/getting too OP.

I do love Traps though, and I agree that I'd like the look of Triage Beacon to fit the set better, and it would be nice to maybe see it be more "useful" or getting a shorter recharge time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

10 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I keep hoping that it might get the /Devices treatment. Not replacing the entire set with Devices, but maybe exchanging out some of the powers. Like, I feel like the auto turret would be a way better T9 than the current one that's basically considered useless. Some version of the sustain and/or accuracy drone thing would be cool as well, but I'm not sure if that's asking for too much/getting too OP.

I do love Traps though, and I agree that I'd like the look of Triage Beacon to fit the set better, and it would be nice to maybe see it be more "useful" or getting a shorter recharge time.

When you think about it, the recharge time and regen strength (+ AOE size) just feels completely out of whack.  All it does is regen and nothing else.  It's not a heal, with a gentle reminder there is no burst heal plus heal can wake people from sleep.  Regen can't.  Yes it is a larger area than most PBAOE heals, 25 vs 40 ft, but those are 8 second cooldowns compared to a whopping 200 seconds.  Once every 200 seconds you can place an immovable 150+ regen buff?

I know this is breaking the cottage rule but I almost wish Time Bomb could become a device that acted like a Banished Pantheon/Circle of Thorns endurance crystal, that pulsed +end or something, then swap its place with Trip Mine in the list, making Trip Mine the tier 9.

Edited by JayboH
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/14/2022 at 12:48 PM, oedipus_tex said:

I always wished Triage Beacon had an absolutely huge area of effect. And that somehow if you died, you teleported back to where you placed it.

I could see modifying it so that if the caster goes down with Triage Beacon active, it teleports them to the beacon, rezzes them to half HP and no End, consuming the Triage Beacon in the process, and then puts the power on an extended cooldown, likely longer than the other rez powers, because of the additional functionality. It would make for interesting tactical changes in play style -- put the beacon down where it helps the team in a fight, or back somewhere safe so you get evac'ed if you go down?

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I could see modifying it so that if the caster goes down with Triage Beacon active, it teleports them to the beacon, rezzes them to half HP and no End, consuming the Triage Beacon in the process, and then puts the power on an extended cooldown, likely longer than the other rez powers, because of the additional functionality. It would make for interesting tactical changes in play style -- put the beacon down where it helps the team in a fight, or back somewhere safe so you get evac'ed if you go down?

Interesting idea.  What if the Beacon could give a Rez freebie to ANY teammate, and broke immediately afterwards? 

9 hours ago, arcane said:

I would rather my Traps all continue to stack. Not having issues playing this set effectively.

I already covered that in my third sentence.  How often do you stack Spirit Tree?

12 minutes ago, JayboH said:

I wanted to ask since you only mentioned Traps.

Gotcha. Admittedly I only really need my stacking Spirit Tree when farming meteors on one of my Plant/Psi doms. 

Take Spirit Tree if we must split the difference. But Traps is designed for being amazing at long fights and stacking is preferred for that IMO. 

7 minutes ago, arcane said:

Gotcha. Admittedly I only really need my stacking Spirit Tree when farming meteors on one of my Plant/Psi doms. 

Take Spirit Tree if we must split the difference. But Traps is designed for being amazing at long fights and stacking is preferred for that IMO. 

Can I see one of your builds?  Either set or both

On 7/19/2022 at 12:06 PM, JayboH said:

Can I see one of your builds?  Either set or both

No mids so..

Here is a Plant/Psi meteor farm build (that still needs boosters 😕 ). 45% fire defense, 75% fire resistance, not good for a whole lot else. Sitting here spamming Spirit Tree. Sometimes I have 1, sometimes I have 2.

Spoiler

1518348387_ScreenShot2022-07-20at5_32_55PM.thumb.png.73b01b285192b3f26a15325b3d171558.png

1413449160_ScreenShot2022-07-20at5_33_03PM.thumb.png.da79429d7da4941de77cf3608eb8ea8b.png

367471233_ScreenShot2022-07-20at5_33_10PM.thumb.png.dbbdc736b30ece554a56fbed9066cede.png

And here is one of my trappers (thinking about respec'ing this... hard to get away from Sorcery on Controllers once you've tasted it!). Those are Heal/Rech D-Syncs.

Spoiler

1100391441_ScreenShot2022-07-20at5_40_50PM.thumb.png.089cc068a60f9d01c63a223a9257d7cb.png

157502677_ScreenShot2022-07-20at5_41_00PM.thumb.png.81cb816df241bf02bf5fd4d61cd63dd2.png

Edited by arcane