Getting healing achievements as a Blaster?

PaganDesparu

Hello fellow badgers!

One of the walls I ran up against in the past, and still do, is that my main badger is a Blaster. That makes is tricky to get the healing achievement badges. I was wondering if you all had any strategies you use to cross these off your list?

Back in the day I think I did something with a Power Pool, Aid Other, and some sort of weird setup where an SG mate stood in some lace and my Blaster has Aid Other on auto cast and we left books on our keyboard to stop auto-logout, hen went to bed and left the game running all night.

MCM

My main badger is a Scrapper, so in the same boat. I picked up Aid Other and have come to terms that this will be for the long haul and shooting for at least the 1st 2, Medic and then Surgeon. Anything beyond that is gravy. Currently, I reserve my Aid Other for healers primarily for when they get into trouble. Sometimes I'll throw it on a player or pet between combat.

I'm not sure if this works, but I was thinking about possibly earning the badges by setting up an Arena Gladiator match with a like minded player and then have the pets battle it out and heal them. I would be interested to what others might have for advice on this.

To get the badge that gives an arena gladiator that heals requires 400 pvp rep points.

If you just plan to use and other in or out of the arena it will be a long haul to the badges. I think there is an incarnate destiny power that heals others that may slightly speed up the process.

My main badger is a blaster but I have written off the heal badges as the last set to work on, if at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, Rebirth Destiny is a heal.  If you get the core version, the +HP component counts as healing, even if the target is at full health.  Using it on your Lore pets or the NPC allies you get in a lot of newer missions counts.  Healing done by pets also counts, so if you get a Lore pet with a heal, it'll help you work on the badge, although I don't remember if pets healing you counts.  The pet healing your other Lore pet would count though.

• Thanks 1

Forgive me if this strategy is out of date, as it's been so long since I did it, but here's how we non-healers got the healing badges back in the day: You set up an arena gladiator match with a Longbow Warden and as many low-cost minions as you can. Your opponent has a team with an Anti-Matter Meson in it. You set your pets to passive, and they order their Meson to attack you. You can't be targeted by attacks in Gladiator mode, so the Meson will just spam Irradiate. Your Warden then spams Healing Aura, healing the damage from Irradiate. Then you just let that run for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, but you need Longbow Warden II, which requires the Disruptor badge.  On live, it was bugged for a while and awarded for completing PvE missions in PvP zones, but they fixed it, so now you have to PvP for it.

Yep the requirement was 400 pvp rep points as I recall.  Not always quick, easy or fun to obtain at times and I believe your rep points decay by about a point per day wasn't it?

Yes, but you need Longbow Warden II, which requires the Disruptor badge.  On live, it was bugged for a while and awarded for completing PvE missions in PvP zones, but they fixed it, so now you have to PvP for it.

Yep the requirement was 400 pvp rep points as I recall.  Not always quick, easy or fun to obtain at times and I believe your rep points decay by about a point per day wasn't it?

-

One way to do both of these back in the day was dual boxing.  Basically you created a second, account just for badges like these, PLed something like a Scrapper or Tank who had a power in their pool that was a self rez (I had a Spines/Fire Scrapper for this) until it was high enough level to go into Warburg.  You then found a nice quiet corner where people weren't likely to search for PvP targets, set the self rez on the Scrapper/Tanker to fire off automatically, and had the character that you wanted Disruptor on to have a single attack that would go off automatically, that way once you target the Scrapper/Tanker you don't have to worry, and the Scrapper/Tanker would self rez.  Then you could afk for hours until you got the badge for the Warden II.

The next step was to have the Scrapper/Tanker grab a few pets (The Meson being a preferred one) and go into a Gladiator match where either cheap pets (or the Messon) deal some damage, and the Warden just stands there and heals your pets.

Of course I'm not sure how to even set up anything to dual box on these servers right now, otherwise I'd consider doing this again to see if it can even still be done.

• Thanks 1

Well pvp was altered a bit before shutdown so that if you are dead for x amount of time in pvp zone you are auto transported to the hospital and the current code of conduct for these servers frowns on dual boxing during peak hours.

Well pvp was altered a bit before shutdown so that if you are dead for x amount of time in pvp zone you are auto transported to the hospital and the current code of conduct for these servers frowns on dual boxing during peak hours.

I'm not saying that anyone should violate the Code of Conduct.  I'm just pointing out how I (and others, since I did this after someone explained how to do it via a post on the old Official Forums) did it back when the game was live.  If someone can manage to do this with dual boxing without breaking the code of conduct, more power to them.

In regards to the timer, that's an easy fix.  You pretty much have to figure out which power you hit with that will not only overcome regen, but will also eat away at hp slow enough that the targets self rez will be up before you KO them.

• Like 1

Apparently they changed it! I ran into someone with Disruptor, and their rep was low enough that there's no way Homecoming's servers have existed long enough for them to have reached 400 rep and then let it decay to the point it was at. I asked them about it, and they said it's just for getting about 50 PvP kills.

• Like 1

Apparently they changed it! I ran into someone with Disruptor, and their rep was low enough that there's no way Homecoming's servers have existed long enough for them to have reached 400 rep and then let it decay to the point it was at. I asked them about it, and they said it's just for getting about 50 PvP kills.

That would be fantastic

• Like 1

Eva almost had it...

• Craft Rebirth Total Core Invocation
  • Start any level 50 Flashback
  • Go to Mercy on the helipad (behind the elevators)
  • Stand in the middle of the 1-6 large spawns of marching Arachnos
  • Set Rebirth on auto, you can almost hit all of them
  • Come back a day later to all badges if there were 6 spawns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Eva almost had it...

There's only one issue with that unfortunately. The badges only register hit points restored so they would need to be damaged first. I tried to get the badge by taking the "aid other" power in medicine and heal Positron and it wasn't registering.

I've found success by chasing around Masterminds and healing their pets lol

• Haha 1

Eva almost had it...

There's only one issue with that unfortunately. The badges only register hit points restored so they would need to be damaged first. I tried to get the badge by taking the "aid other" power in medicine and heal Positron and it wasn't registering.

I've found success by chasing around Masterminds and healing their pets lol

maybe the +hp from the rebirth counts towards the badge?

There's only one issue with that unfortunately. The badges only register hit points restored so they would need to be damaged first.

There is no issue with that.  This is not theoretical.  It works.  I got Empath within the last week.  Feel free to argue whether or not it SHOULD work, but understand that it actually DOES work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's only one issue with that unfortunately. The badges only register hit points restored so they would need to be damaged first.

There is no issue with that.  This is not theoretical.  It works.  I got Empath within the last week.  Feel free to argue whether or not it SHOULD work, but understand that it actually DOES work.

Alright, I believe you. No need to get upset.

The only drawback is that there's not always six spawns of soldiers there. But it definitely works.

Eva almost had it...

That seems quite a bit faster than farming a billion heal in gladiator arenas.

Alright, I believe you. No need to get upset.

I'm not upset at all.  I just wanted to make it clear that I was posting a recipe, not a theory.

That seems quite a bit faster than farming a billion heal in gladiator arenas.

I am SO glad my badgers on live were Rads.  I still had to do the billion, but at least I didn't have to do the arenas.

I remember back in the day we used a particular mission for our heal badge farming.  It had these crystals in it that did low enough damage that a self heal covered it.  We would have the toon stand near the crystal so it took damage and leave it auto-healing all night.  Since it was inside a mission we didn't get logged out.  I don't remember the exact mission, I'm afraid, but actually any one that has damaging elements like fire could be used, just as long as the heal could keep up.

have you by any chance found a good spot on the blue side for this method?